Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Getting new tires, replace TPMS sensors as well

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
Pilarskica
Private
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Getting new tires, replace TPMS sensors as well

I've got a 2009 328xi built in 2009. I heard the TPMS have about a 10 year life span but I haven't seen anything about them failing. Has any one changed theirs? To me it's safer to replace them before they fail. I can get four 433MHz for about 125 with the valve stems.

I'm going to get the new wheels installed, road force balanced and aligned. This seems like a good preventative thing to do.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
ahlbe1cl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Like you, ive never heard about one of these things going dead. I just put new wheels on my 2011 and I had the TPMS sensors transferred between wheels.

I had problems with the TPMS antenna in the past and I didnt want to create any new issues...
Appreciate 0