E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding used module (JBBF)

06-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
Coopers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Coding used module (JBBF)

Hi,

I have BMW E91 and recently I have replaced JBBF module and nearly everything works fine. I am aware that it still needs programming to be done.

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to programme (step by step) single module?

I have all the software.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers View Post
Hi,

I have BMW E91 and recently I have replaced JBBF module and nearly everything works fine. I am aware that it still needs programming to be done.

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to programme (step by step) single module?

I have all the software.

Thanks
There are many step by step guides. I suggest you search and do plenty of reading.

You should use winkfp in comfort mode to update the JBE and then code it to your cars default config by using NCSExpert (Expert Mode Profile).

Make sure you connect a charger / power supply during programming
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

^^ what he said, i have changed mine and did the above, it also allowed the vin number to be changed.

I dumped the old jbbr coding and then once updated to the same fw level, uploaded the code from the original unit.

seamless and fully working with my config.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #4
Coopers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
^^ what he said, i have changed mine and did the above, it also allowed the vin number to be changed.

I dumped the old jbbr coding and then once updated to the same fw level, uploaded the code from the original unit.

I have managed to change VIN number on new module using Tool32. But I am unable to update module using WINkfp as it does not give me any option when selecting ECU? Does OBD cable have to be connected to car while doing this? Why can't I see any ECU's?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 05:02 AM   #5
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Hmmm, not sure, it should be there, I just used WINkfp and it did both vin and update in one hit.

I assume that the jbbr is working and all your windows and stuff is working?

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #6
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Quote:

I have managed to change VIN number on new module using Tool32. But I am unable to update module using WINkfp as it does not give me any option when selecting ECU? Does OBD cable have to be connected to car while doing this? Why can't I see any ECU's?

Thanks
Yes, OBD cable needs to be connected to do anything. Have you used the BMW coding tool to install the daten necessary to run WinKFP?
      07-16-2018, 02:43 AM   #7
Coopers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Yes, OBD cable needs to be connected to do anything. Have you used the BMW coding tool to install the daten necessary to run WinKFP?
So it seems that I had no daten files imported into WINKFP but now I can see all ECUs.

So far I have changed VIN number in the module using tool 32. I will update the module with WinKFP tonight.

So final step will be to load default VO to module? I have quite a few modifications done by other programmer. Defaulting VO for the module won't affect that?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
Coopers
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

I have managed to update JBBF and everything seems to be working but I still have the annoying issue with the windows.

So when I hold rear windows close switch, it will close the windows but as it closes it auto open for around 20cm again. I can upload video if needed.

Does anyone know what this problem is related to?

It does same when I hold car key close button for long period.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #9
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I have managed to update JBBF and everything seems to be working but I still have the annoying issue with the windows.

So when I hold rear windows close switch, it will close the windows but as it closes it auto open for around 20cm again. I can upload video if needed.

Does anyone know what this problem is related to?

It does same when I hold car key close button for long period.
You need to reinitialize the windows so they relearn their open/close parameters.

This can be done with INPA or using the switch on the drivers door.
Appreciate 0