E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > FS: 2011 328ix Touring - Sport Package

09-03-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
pslater
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 328iT MS, E46 330iT ZHP

FS: 2011 328ix Touring - Sport Package

hi all.

i will post pics of the car this weekend, i just wanted to get it listed here as i need to sell it ASAP.

i bought this car about 3 months ago as a second car; my daughter is 17 and wants to learn to drive finally, and is having a heck of a time with our manual-trans Golf. i finally caved and decided to buy an automatic to help get her going (she has actual ADHD and the manual was just too much to learn all at once). so my wife and i talked, and decided it needed to be affordable, safe, and something familiar to me since i would no doubt be wrenching on it. so to me it had to be a 3er Touring, as wagons are just cool and super practical. plus i have rebuilt many E46s over the last decade, i couldn't see it being anything other than a 3er Touring.

well, it turns out that after about 40-50hrs of me getting this car into what i would consider "acceptable" shape (read: i'm very particular), my wife has decided this was simply too much work required to get this car road worthy and is convinced that i will be spending much more time in the future working on this car. we argued... blah blah... i decided not to die on that mountain. so, here it is. happy wife, happy life. onward and upward. and so on.

the car is a nice spec - natural brown interior, sport seats, anthracite headliner (super rare option on these), navigation, paddle shifters, yadda yadda. it has a few tweaks as well. it also has a few dings here and there - to be honest, an afternoon with a PDR person would have this thing looking tip-top. the PO had it polished before i bought it, and it looks nice.

details:

- 2011 BMW 328xi Touring
- black sapphire metallic on natural brown leather (back seats look like they've never been sat in)
- 6-speed steptronic transmission with paddle shifters
- sport package with sport seats, anthracite headliner (rare option)
- panoramic sunroof
- xenon headlights
- power folding mirrors (love these)
- navigation
- two keys (i am picky about this, myself)
- 222,000KM
- BMW Performance springs with Koni yellow adjustable shocks (fronts are about 1-2 years old, the rears i just replaced as the originals were no longer adjustable)
- rear suspension fully rebuilt with all new bushings, control arms and alignment hardware last month (every bolt that came out was wire-wheeled and anti-seized)
- front control arm bushings replaced recently
- front tie-rod assemblies replaced last month
- alignment 2 weeks ago
- brakes just upgraded to BMW 335i calipers with brand new rotors and pads - new front soft brake lines, new rear hard lines (i also flushed the brake fluid)
- new power steering fluid reservoir and fluid flush with CHF11s
- replaced door mirror glass on both sides with factory glass as passenger side was all discolored and unusable when i bought it
- new spark plugs
- new rear wiper blade (it's stupid expensive for some reason)
- the 18" wheels pictured i may keep; i do have a set of factory 17" wheels i will include at asking price
- A/C works great
- cowl delete with new burger motorsports cabin filters done last month
- several loose heat shields have been repaired (anyone who has been under a BMW older than 10 years old knows what i'm talking about )
- no warning lights, etc. everything works.

the car drives well and now actually brakes well too (i found the stock 328 brakes a bit undersized for this car, and the LR caliper was leaking when i bought it so i just went a bit nuts and upgraded to 335 brakes ).

it's a cool wagon and will serve someone very well. with my wife very anti-keeping this car, and me feeling pressure to get my daughter driving, i need to sell this to make room for a newer automatic car (likely a newer Golf). i am taking a bath on this thing but i need it gone ASAP, unfortunately.

asking $8000 with the stock wheels. i am losing about $2000 at this price, not to mention the 40-50 hours of labor that i put into it... i can include the 18x9 D-Force flow-formed wheels and 265/35/18 indy 500 rubber but i will need another $1200 (the tires are brand new).

i'm in kitchener. the car can be seen anytime as i work from home. i am very reasonable and easy to deal with.

thanks!

peter
(PM me for my cell # if interested)
Attached Images

Last edited by pslater; 09-06-2021 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #2
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Ouch!
Sorry to hear the background. All the best with the swap.

I'd love an anthracite headliner package on mine!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
pslater
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Ouch!
Sorry to hear the background. All the best with the swap.

I'd love an anthracite headliner package on mine!
thanks man... i spent time and money on this car like i was going to keep it, but a car is never worth marital strife.

pics are uploaded now! i wanted to do it earlier but my weekend has been nuts...

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
pslater
Private
Rep

car is sold, thanks!

wheels pictured may be for sale soon...
Appreciate 0