E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What maintenance should I prioritize?

09-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
bwhipp
Rep
Drives: 335ix

What maintenance should I prioritize?

Hey guys,

First post here and with my 09 335ix over 80k miles now I wanted to make sure I get all the essentials done. Since I bought the car at 68K miles I've done following:

-Rear brake pads, rotors, sensor
-Low Pressure Fuel Sensor
-All new fuel injectors and plugs following misfire
-Valve Cover Assembly following oil leak
-Oil filter housing, rings, gaskets, seals, and coolant flush following coolant leak
-Oil Change ever 5-8K
-Air bag and blower motor recalls

All of that was in the first year of 2 owning the car and have had no issues since, but now I've gotten the brake fluid light and I'm wondering what else I should service as I do not know when the following was done last:

-Air / fuel filter
-Power Steering Fluid
-Tranny Fluid (Manual)
-Diff. Fluid
-Transfer Case Fluid
- Cabin Air Filter
-Tstat / Water Pump
-Fuel Pump
-Serp. Belt and pulleys
-Suspension stuff

I'd prefer to keep the car at least a couple more years, what should I absolutely get done asap vs. just get checked out?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhipp View Post
Hey guys,

First post here and with my 09 335ix over 80k miles now I wanted to make sure I get all the essentials done. Since I bought the car at 68K miles I've done following:

-Rear brake pads, rotors, sensor
-Low Pressure Fuel Sensor
-All new fuel injectors and plugs following misfire
-Valve Cover Assembly following oil leak
-Oil filter housing, rings, gaskets, seals, and coolant flush following coolant leak
-Oil Change ever 5-8K
-Air bag and blower motor recalls

All of that was in the first year of 2 owning the car and have had no issues since, but now I've gotten the brake fluid light and I'm wondering what else I should service as I do not know when the following was done last:

-Air / fuel filter
-Power Steering Fluid
-Tranny Fluid (Manual)
-Diff. Fluid
-Transfer Case Fluid
- Cabin Air Filter
-Tstat / Water Pump
-Fuel Pump
-Serp. Belt and pulleys
-Suspension stuff

I'd prefer to keep the car at least a couple more years, what should I absolutely get done asap vs. just get checked out?

Thanks for the help.
How many miles do you drive each year? And by couple more years, do you mean 2 or 3?
      09-04-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
bwhipp
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
How many miles do you drive each year? And by couple more years, do you mean 2 or 3?
Usually ~5-8k miles per year, and I was hoping to sell around the 100k mark so probably 3 years
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 11:31 AM   #4
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhipp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
Usually ~5-8k miles per year, and I was hoping to sell around the 100k mark so probably 3 years
That's very low mileage, the only thing I would think about doing if your at 80k and dumping it at 100k is your water pump and thermostat, and maybe your belt if you've had oil leaks soaking it for extended periods in the past and are paranoid. If you are tuned, might want to add new coils to the list since you never mentioned replacing them.

Aside from this, brake fluid can be done if it's been two years since last flush. I wouldn't replace anything else or renew your fluids unless you decide to keep the car longer than 100k miles or are looking for performing improvement via aftermarket suspension.

Edit: almost forgot, consider replacing all your vacuum lines also, it's cheap and easy to do.