E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Streaming solution on Pre-Combox (with iPod 6FL)

11-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #353
hassebas
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 coupe

Hi,

Kicking this thread up a bit...

I'm looking for a device where I can stream spotify from my Iphone (SE) to my CCC-radio, incl. steeringwheel-controls.

I've purchased a Bovee wma1000 where I can easily stream music from my standard iphone-music-app to my radio incl. steeringwheelcontrols and track-info to the screen.

However, when I want to stream spotify (which has tracks downloaded for off-line-usage at my iphone) it doesn't let me use steeringwheel-controls, and sometimes shows track-info, and sometimes not...

Also, when the spotify-track is at the end, it automatically plays the next track from my standard iphone-music-app...

Anyone has issues like this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #354
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
I bought following and very happy with purchase, it sounds better than my audio cable connection.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-WMA3000...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #355
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassebas View Post
Hi,

Kicking this thread up a bit...

I'm looking for a device where I can stream spotify from my Iphone (SE) to my CCC-radio, incl. steeringwheel-controls.

I've purchased a Bovee wma1000 where I can easily stream music from my standard iphone-music-app to my radio incl. steeringwheelcontrols and track-info to the screen.

However, when I want to stream spotify (which has tracks downloaded for off-line-usage at my iphone) it doesn't let me use steeringwheel-controls, and sometimes shows track-info, and sometimes not...

Also, when the spotify-track is at the end, it automatically plays the next track from my standard iphone-music-app...

Anyone has issues like this?

Thanks!
This behavior is definitely odd, I've never seen anything like that. I HAVE seen starting from the iPhone music library after a song is finished, which has to do with how <music app you're using> handles stopping the current song. Basically, the car sends a "play" command over and over if nothing's playing, so if your app just stops with nothing in the queue, the car will cause your iPhone to start its internal library. Obviously that shouldn't be happening if you're playing a song from a playlist, and Spotify should be picking a random song to auto-play next. But anyway, it's a function of spotify, or whatever app you're playing from.

That said, issues like that pop up from time to time with new iOS or app updates. I can't really comment if it's working for me, since I rarely use my iPhone with my WMA1000. My 99%-of-the-time system is an Android tablet stuck on the latest Android 5.x, so it's highly stable and also highly out of date.
      05-21-2018, 04:36 AM   #356
RayZe
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Bringing back a thread from the dead, but I've researched for about 6 hours now and can't find a set-up similar to mine so I've decided this would be my first post.

I just picked this car up last week as a weekend project and am still learning about it so bear with me =(. (on a side note, N52 gaskets are fun -_-)

I read this entire thread and someone mentioned pre-LCI, and that it wouldn't work with the USB in the glove compartment. However, mine has the 30-pin cable in the glove box (believe this is a dealer-installed MOST adapter from what I've read).

Car's details:
2006 E90 325i
CCC (Hope I'm right with this)
no iDrive
no combox
only an aux port in the center armrest console
30-pin connector coming out of the glove box

Was wondering if anyone could provide insight into whether or not this would work on the MOST adapter...

The 30-pin connector works fine for audio and steering wheel controls with both an old iPhone 4 I had and an old iPod mini I dug out of my drawers.

I don't mind seeing the titles or not (not that it matters since my LCD screen is out anyways which apparently is another common problem) but I just want to confirm this would work...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 01:34 PM   #357
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

generally speaking if it has any sort of apple interface, it will work with basic information transmitted to the deck display (if yours worked). If that cable works with your iphone/ipod without the need for the aux analogue input, then you may possibly have a pure digital interface. As such, you could even try to use their WMA2000 unit (vs the wma3000B that most of us have to use) which is only usb (assuming you can unplug and replace with the WMA2000). Then you’d have a pure digital signal straight to your headunit.

WMA1000 if you just want to slap the tune2air on the end of that cable, no fuss.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #358
RayZe
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
generally speaking if it has any sort of apple interface, it will work with basic information transmitted to the deck display (if yours worked). If that cable works with your iphone/ipod without the need for the aux analogue input, then you may possibly have a pure digital interface. As such, you could even try to use their WMA2000 unit (vs the wma3000B that most of us have to use) which is only usb (assuming you can unplug and replace with the WMA2000). Then you’d have a pure digital signal straight to your headunit.

WMA1000 if you just want to slap the tune2air on the end of that cable, no fuss.
Thanks!

I can't seem to find where the other end of the 30-pin cable goes in my glove box so I think the safest bet would be to use the WMA1000.

Ordering one on Amazon and will post back to update just in case anyone has a similar setup.

***EDIT***

The WMA1000 works in that it connects and plays music.

However, I can't seem to shuffle the songs and it won't remember where I left off. It always starts with the first song listed in my library by title and will only play in alphabetical order. The random button on the car will automatically pick a random song immediately, but if I use the steering wheel controls, it'll go back to the first song in my library. Keep in mind this is under the CDC option as mine is a the MOST adapter from the dealer.

Thought I'd try updating the firmware to see if it would help but the links are dead on their website. Can't even register as a member since there's no link to continue once I filled out the information.

Does anyone still happen to have the update files?

If anything, I'll continue to tinker around with it a bit to see if I can get it to start working properly.

So close to this being the perfect product. =(

Last edited by RayZe; 06-04-2018 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #359
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
I bought following and very happy with purchase, it sounds better than my audio cable connection.

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-WMA3000...ct_top?ie=UTF8
I finally took the leap with the Bovee Tune2Air.

I'm in an '08 e92 with nav, 6FL, voice command and bluetooth. I run an android (nougat) device.

Both stored music on the device and streaming (pandora) function great, with surprisingly decent audio quality for BT. Steering wheel, idrive and other controls all work flawlessly. Connection is quick and automatic, and controls are instant (no delay). The first connection was a bit wacky (as with many bluetooth devices), but it's great once you've got it saved/stored.

I get no track listing on either stored music or streaming on the idrive screen. It just has a playlist directory. I might fiddle with the stored music directory and see if I can get the screen to recognize it as it does via a USB stick (which shows all the artist/song information).

One of the best surprises is that when I use voice commands on my phone (google's are far superior to the 2008 voice command function in the BMW), it's now on the speakers. Before, if I asked google to read me my texts or make a call, she'd only talk through the phone. Now it's all on the speakers, which is awesome.

Call functionality on the existing bluetooth connection remains as it was before. The computer switches to the other BT phone connection during a call, and back after hangup.

This device propelled my 11 year old baby into the current generation of connectivity. Even with the display shortcomings, this is a no-brainer upgrade.
Appreciate 0