E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sport mode not engaging, all wiring is fine

11-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
Choicest Hops
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Sport mode not engaging, all wiring is fine

EDIT: In case this happens to anyone else switching in a wheel without paddles, I solved it by swapping the steering wheel controls from my old wheel into the new one.

Yes I already used the search function and yes I removed my shifter unit and checked all of the wiring.

I'm at a loss here and any help or ideas are appreciated. So just a few days ago the sport mode was working fine, since then I had the battery unplugged for multiple days and the car on jack stands installing new airbags, water pump, and thermostat. When I was finished with everything I hooked the battery back up and sport mode no longer works.

The changes I made in the car:

-Changed my standard sport wheel with paddles to an M-Sport wheel without paddles
-Replaced steering wheel airbag
-Replaced passenger curtain airbag
-Replaced headliner
-Replaced BST cable

And I cleared error codes with INPA although it was being really finicky and throwing a lot of errors.

No wiring on or around the shifter unit is broken or even fraying in the slightest so the wire splicing fix is not useful.

The shifter can still change gears up and down fine but will not engage sport mode at all.

The car is running perfect and throwing no errors except that the TPMS is now inactive and the sport mode is no longer working. Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by Choicest Hops; 11-15-2018 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Solved
Appreciate 0