E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > sam s21 ultra wireless charger???????

03-02-2022, 06:51 PM   #1
greenjeans420
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw 335i coupe

sam s21 ultra wireless charger???????

anyone found a way to mount a samsung s21 ultra to an e92 ?? i was goin to use an oddments tray to mount the woreless charger underneath and have the phone sit in the cubby and obviously wirelessly charge but.....the samy s21ultra is too big to fit so now im curious in other options........anyone got ideas or solutions theyve used?? thanks ppl
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 05:48 AM   #2
Lollo
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i

I'm surprised it doesn't fit! I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra, which according to GSM arena is pretty much the same size. I don't have induction charger, just the oddment tray, but with it open I can prop it up (horizontally) very snugly. I would have assumed the wireless charging pad that can be bought online (see this link for example) would have fit the bill nicely.

I've been thinking about other solutions, and the best I've come up with so far is drilling a hole through the try to fit a cable fed off the lighter cable underneath it. That is before realising just fitting the ashtray back in and using a usb car adapter would be a lot less invasive and clean.

The reason for this is that the wireless charger seems expensive for something that is constantly improved upon, and the lack of something to hold the phone still when swerving to avoid the odd rogue cyclist.

What is it about the wireless charging that makes you want it?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:48 AM   #3
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

8410 6840126 is a wireless charger for the centre console

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133995407...3ABFBM3P7FnO1f

Extends it to 165mm if your phone will fit that...
Appreciate 0