E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Sport Seat Retrofit (pre-lci into pre-lci)

04-18-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
E90lmao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2001 e46 325i, 2008 e90 335i

Sport Seat Retrofit (pre-lci into pre-lci)

I recently found a lemon sport seat interior at the junkyard so I decided to upgrade! My car originally had memory heated black seats. I know there are other guides out there but I wanted to document the process so here is my small guide. UNPLUG BATTERY first, I let it sit for 10 minutes after unplugging my battery as a precaution.

To get access to the pins, cut the zip tie on the yellow connector and pop the two tabs on the sides to slide the yellow shield off. Then using a small screwdriver or pick tool, depress the side of the pin on the connector and pull the wire out at the same time.

So I de-pinned the donor harness and placed them where they were on the sport seat connector

Then soldered them; red to red, brown to brown. All of this was confirmed with wiring diagrams found on the forums and online.

Plug it in and test after the battery is reconnected. Then if it all works out, reinstall the seat properly and enjoy! The donor car was a 2006 330i E90 and they went into a 2008 335i E90.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0