E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E92 335i intro



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #111
Socket
Major General
Socket's Avatar
Australia
2339
Rep
9,629
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
This is not really a good bye but more to say thanks guys for your help/support/encouragement during my 335i ownership. All good things must come to an end - I have moved on. The 335i is up in Brisbane now so you guys up there may see it around. I'll still be checking here in the Aussie section for sure.

This is my first time in a BMW without a 3rd pedal and sunroof (out of 8 BMWs over the years). It's in Interlagos Blue/Black leather, carbon roof and DCT. Bog stock. For now. But I already have LCI tails and carbon Performance spoiler ready to go on.

Looks like a new project to get stuck into mate. Make sure to take lots on "before" pics because it's only stock for a short time. Nice to have you back.... Sweet looking ride btw. I really like the colour
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #112
/335
Private First Class
20
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Ohhh shit nice upgrade.. enjoy! good colour too
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 01:24 AM   #113
ardy121
Private First Class
Australia
4
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: e90 325i Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: A.C.T

iTrader: (0)

m3 powerrrrrrrr
__________________
E90 325
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:13 AM   #114
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
578
Rep
5,735
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

I did see your 335i up for sale on carsales Jon!

Congratulations on the upgrade she looks great

Interlagos blue I didnt really like at 1st but after seeing it in the flesh it looks a lot better in person in the right lighting.

So how does the M3 stack up against the modified 335i? Obviously the handling of the M3 would be a major improvement and nicer cabin, awesome V8 sound (albeit oem sounds way too quite at idle imo)

Do you miss the torque of the modified N54?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 02:28 AM   #115
DTM_330D
Enlisted Member
DTM_330D's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: E92 330D LCI M/Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: ACT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 BMW E92  [0.00]
2011.5 BMW X1  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
This is not really a good bye but more to say thanks guys for your help/support/encouragement during my 335i ownership. All good things must come to an end - I have moved on. The 335i is up in Brisbane now so you guys up there may see it around. I'll still be checking here in the Aussie section for sure.

This is my first time in a BMW without a 3rd pedal and sunroof (out of 8 BMWs over the years). It's in Interlagos Blue/Black leather, carbon roof and DCT. Bog stock. For now. But I already have LCI tails and carbon Performance spoiler ready to go on.

Another great car there JJH - looking forward to reading all about its future mods.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:40 AM   #116
Flex68
Captain
Flex68's Avatar
70
Rep
854
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Traitor .... Leave .... Not welcome here .

Kidding lol always liked the Bmw blue color
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #117
Daenerys
First Lieutenant
Daenerys's Avatar
60
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

have you ordered turbos?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #118
JJH
Captain
JJH's Avatar
Australia
210
Rep
922
Posts

Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Sweet looking ride btw. I really like the colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jus335 View Post
Ohhh shit nice upgrade.. enjoy! good colour too
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy121 View Post
m3 powerrrrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM_330D View Post
Another great car there JJH - looking forward to reading all about its future mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
Kidding lol always liked the Bmw blue color
Thanks guys ...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #119
JJH
Captain
JJH's Avatar
Australia
210
Rep
922
Posts

Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
have you ordered turbos?
Give me time ...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #120
JJH
Captain
JJH's Avatar
Australia
210
Rep
922
Posts

Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I did see your 335i up for sale on carsales Jon!

Congratulations on the upgrade she looks great

Interlagos blue I didnt really like at 1st but after seeing it in the flesh it looks a lot better in person in the right lighting.

So how does the M3 stack up against the modified 335i? Obviously the handling of the M3 would be a major improvement and nicer cabin, awesome V8 sound (albeit oem sounds way too quite at idle imo)

Do you miss the torque of the modified N54?
Thanks Shane. The colour was not top of my list - in fact Space Grey was what I was hoping for but the blue was up there.

Definitely did not want black again having had a few cars in that colour; and did not want any of the lighter colours. The blue really caught me as soon as I saw it in the sun. I think it looks good with the carbon roof too. And stoked that even though it is an '08, it only has 37K kms on it ...

How does it compare? Had to answer in a few words. Handling and steering (with the quicker ratio) is certainly sharper/more precise and EDC helps a lot. Cabin is not that different of course but a better place to be with the nicer seats and better/softer leather. Seat heating should be good come winter here in Canberra .... V8 sound is hard to beat and that should be improved with the aftermarket exhaust I will be fitting. Definitely lacks the explosive pull of the N54 (even in mine with stock turbos, inlets and straight PULP tune only) which is no surprise comparing turbo and NA. Totally different characteristics but the S65 is not underpowered, just needs a few more revs but will be better after the engine/DCT tune. Loving the DCT too.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST