E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > E92 335i Straight pipes... Thoughts???

03-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #23
tjobeid
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Definitely not my style but different strokes for different folks

is that a VTECH swap in a 335i?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #24
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTM3 View Post
with all the cats on it will be quieter but the cats are straight through so they don't make a huge difference in sound.
You my friend have obviously never removed a cat from an exhaust system. Removing the cats makes a HUGE difference in sound being that they are restrictive to exhaust flow.

To all the people saying a 335i with no mufflers sounds like a civic, idk what civics you've heard. A turbo 6 cylinder sounds absolutely nothing like an NA 4 cylinder. I do not get why people use that reference.

I had a muffler delete on my car with catless Dps for a while, sure it droned a little but the car sounded really good being that it was a cheap mod. If you get exhaust, they all drone compared to stock its inevitable. If you are worried about drone, leave the exhaust alone.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521
Quote:
with all the cats on it will be quieter but the cats are straight through so they don't make a huge difference in sound.
You my friend have obviously never removed a cat from an exhaust system. Removing the cats makes a HUGE difference in sound being that they are restrictive to exhaust flow.

To all the people saying a 335i with no mufflers sounds like a civic, idk what civics you've heard. A turbo 6 cylinder sounds absolutely nothing like an NA 4 cylinder. I do not get why people use that reference.

I had a muffler delete on my car with catless Dps for a while, sure it droned a little but the car sounded really good being that it was a cheap mod. If you get exhaust, they all drone compared to stock its inevitable. If you are worried about drone, leave the exhaust alone.
Guy, I have indeed removed my cats on my car in steps first I had muffler delete then I went with ar catless dps and months later deleted my 2ndary cats. Maybe it makes more of a difference if you have mufflers but on car and my situation it didn't. Some people like the sound some don't
      03-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #26
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesun View Post
The rasp immediately makes me think of a mid 90's civic. Maybe I just have too many scarred memories of the Fast and Furious days when every civic came with a coupon for a huge fart can exhaust.

I really just want a high revving V10 sound . Realistically as long as I can hear the turbos whirring at most revs, I'm happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
is that a VTECH swap in a 335i?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post

Quote:
Guy, I have indeed removed my cats on my car in steps first I had muffler delete then I went with ar catless dps and months later deleted my 2ndary cats. Maybe it makes more of a difference if you have mufflers but on car and my situation it didn't. Some people like the sound some don't
We get it, some people hate it, others don't. Let's move on with the discussion.

E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #27
Dkhan22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

has anyone tried resonators with the magnaflow race mufflers? no cats.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #28
Antonio91
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

lol i tried open down pipes for a week that was fun with crazy popping sounds
      03-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
My car with just a muffler delete.

My car with a muffler delete and catless DPs. As you can hear removing the cats makes quite a bit of difference and that it sounds nothing like a civic. I actually loved the way my car sounded like this, drone wasn't too too bad but it did get annoying sometimes. I have since had a full exhaust on my car which sounds good and performs better since it is fully catless. I never realized how shitty my tip alignment was at the time haha, hope this helps.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #30
sam_s335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
I started on an E46 as my first BMW so I'm right there with you. Guess we're the weirdo's here.
Me three!
Appreciate 0