E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What song are you listening to right now? #1

Closed Thread

08-11-2018, 11:45 PM   #3587
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Maybe you and me
Were never meant to be
Just maybe think of me
Once in awhile...

08-12-2018, 02:09 AM   #3588
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Might solve a mystery, or rewrite history; Ducktales..."

08-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #3589
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
Any ravers or dancers in the mix? I'm a "pop and locker" dancer and miss the days of raving all night long. Saw this group 2x and they use live instruments at their raves. Note the kid that uses his prosthetic arm as a prop. Nothing but Love at raves.

Right here. I truly miss those days. Once the parties got moved from warehouses and started becoming more popular it went downhill fast. On occasion you'd go to a club style venue to see big name DJ's but even then you'd see your typical club goers standing around scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell was going on that particular night in their favorite club.

I was more into trance, trip-hop, drum & bass, jungle, break beat and hard tech. Had love for everyone except the house kids. House especially Chicago house drove me nuts....for the exception of Bad Boy Bill saw him in ATL once and he blew the roof of the Ballroom. Saw Electric Sky Church and Rabbit in the Moon once at the same venue and it seemed to be a very enlightening and spiritual experience for everyone there.

My Saturday nights and early Sunday mornings have changed drastically over the years.

Rave culture was amazing. much different vibe than going to concerts where everyone is drunk and raising hell and eventually fights break out. Just a few hundred of the coolest, nonjudgemental and most friendly people you'd ever want to meet who all enjoyed the same black sheep culture and all able to share the same vibe/consciousness revolved around a single beat. Truly good times.
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
Soul_Glo13346.00
      08-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #3590
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Any ravers or dancers in the mix? I'm a "pop and locker" dancer and miss the days of raving all night long. Saw this group 2x and they use live instruments at their raves. Note the kid that uses his prosthetic arm as a prop. Nothing but Love at raves.

Right here. I truly miss those days. Once the parties got moved from warehouses and started becoming more popular it went downhill fast. On occasion you'd go to a club style venue to see big name DJ's but even then you'd see your typical club goers standing around scratching their heads trying to figure out what the hell was going on that particular night in their favorite club.

I was more into trance, trip-hop, drum & bass, jungle, break beat and hard tech. Had love for everyone except the house kids. House especially Chicago house drove me nuts....for the exception of Bad Boy Bill saw him in ATL once and he blew the roof of the Ballroom. Saw Electric Sky Church and Rabbit in the Moon once at the same venue and it seemed to be a very enlightening and spiritual experience for everyone there.

My Saturday nights and early Sunday mornings have changed drastically over the years.

Rave culture was amazing. much different vibe than going to concerts where everyone is drunk and raising hell and eventually fights break out. Just a few hundred of the coolest, nonjudgemental and most friendly people you'd ever want to meet who all enjoyed the same black sheep culture and all able to share the same vibe/consciousness revolved around a single beat. Truly good times.
When the scene went "mainstream" and I started seeing people that I'd see the next day in high-school I knew it was doomed then. Those were the ones that were there for drugs etc, not to share the spiritual vibe that hundreds of people just came to feel with others that wanted to share that same experience. Those types would see me and my lonesome self in school and be like "you were rolling so hard last night, where can I get some x bro?" and I'd just ignore them because I never once did any drugs at any parties and knew that ppl like that would ruin the scene. Very sad.

When I graduated I was so into Florida breakbeats and the Florida breaks scene that I moved to Tampa and omgz! When we used to pay $40 bux to see Huda Hudia, Tony Faline, and Baby Anne, they were resident dj'snin Tampa charging normal $5 entry to see them Twas awesome.

As for the house heads...smh. I was a fan of the gay kids and their vouging scene but when they tried to have their "balls" at raves it just wasn't the time or place. I battled many a night with the house/vogue kids on the dance floor when they thought they would get to take it over for 8 hrs straight. Fk DAT hunny, you a kween and I'm a kween too and I will battle yo ass to claim MY stake on the dance floor too . Those kids were evil kweens lmao.

But yeah, outside of the house house and the gabber kids the scene was mostly all about love. Glad you can relate
      08-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #3591
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:

When the scene went "mainstream" and I started seeing people that I'd see the next day in high-school I knew it was doomed then. Those were the ones that were there for drugs etc, not to share the spiritual vibe that hundreds of people just came to feel with others that wanted to share that same experience. Those types would see me and my lonesome self in school and be like "you were rolling so hard last night, where can I get some x bro?" and I'd just ignore them because I never once did any drugs at any parties and knew that ppl like that would ruin the scene. Very sad.

When I graduated I was so into Florida breakbeats and the Florida breaks scene that I moved to Tampa and omgz! When we used to pay $40 bux to see Huda Hudia, Tony Faline, and Baby Anne, they were resident dj'snin Tampa charging normal $5 entry to see them Twas awesome.

As for the house heads...smh. I was a fan of the gay kids and their vouging scene but when they tried to have their "balls" at raves it just wasn't the time or place. I battled many a night with the house/vogue kids on the dance floor when they thought they would get to take it over for 8 hrs straight. Fk DAT hunny, you a kween and I'm a kween too and I will battle yo ass to claim MY stake on the dance floor too . Those kids were evil kweens lmao.

But yeah, outside of the house house and the gabber kids the scene was mostly all about love. Glad you can relate
Tony Faline was awesome! And LOVE Baby Anne!! Garber was trash. My all time favorite DJ's were/are Sasha, Jon Digweed, Sandra Collins and Carl Cox. Performance wise would have to be Carl Cox. Back in the day he was the only DJ spinning on 3 turntables and never had a set picked out before he went on. He always based his sets off the vibe of the crowd. he didn't know what records would be playing 5 minutes from the one on the deck now. I highly recommend Live at Crobar if you've never listened to it. It's older but back in the days of wax before CDJ's became popular. Very gritty, raw and intense set.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #3592
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13346.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #3593
stevenvillatoro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Bohemisn Rhapsody, sung by Brendon Urie. Turn up your speakers for some vocals you won't soon forget...

EDIT: Strange. I used the "copy link" function and it worked great until I posted it here. Hmmm. Well, it's worth searching for.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 12:19 AM   #3594
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #3595
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Fun fact their lead singer and Gwen Stefani ex husband Gavin Rossdale follows me on twitter . Jus sayin lol
Attached Images

08-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #3596
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #3597
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Keeping with the theme, he's a hero..taking pollution down to zero.

Saving the planet by making a fucking mess wherever they go..
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #3598
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #3599
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Did someone mention Cirrus?

Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #3600
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Latest band obsession. Good stuff with substance and artistry without the fluff.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-14-2018, 01:45 AM   #3601
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

When your best friend walks away with yours...memories. This voice speaks of pain and the struggle.

ADORE artists that speak from experience and sing from hurt.

"You were my friend, I gave you all I had...you were my friend, my sister. How could you do this this to me? You're a liar and a cheater..."

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
EdM54064.50
      08-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #3602
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

3 vocal powerhouses on one track. Perfection

"..Ya got it all wrong to think that I wouldn't find out you were cheating on me...

All I really wanted was some of your time, instead you told me lies when someone else was on your mind."

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 04:45 AM   #3603
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
EdM54064.50
      08-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #3604
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Latest band obsession. Good stuff with substance and artistry without the fluff.

I'll have to give this a listen when I'm not at work. Haven't heard this one yet. Have a been a PTM fan for years but starting to slack off some now that they are becoming really popular. Really liked Feel it Still until I started hearing on almost every commercial on TV. This is one of my all time faves of theirs. When you have about 30 minutes to kill and enjoy some very different but great music look up It's Complicated Being a Wizard.

This song really helped me deal with a lot of things after my father commited suicide a few years ago. One of those "OMG this song is about me" type things that we all do. Look up the lyrics if you have time. Crazy spot on.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #3605
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Yeah......Hell Yeah......
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 07:57 AM   #3606