E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Very Loud Vibration When Driving

05-21-2023, 04:47 PM   #1
easton.forney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N51

Very Loud Vibration When Driving

2012 328xi N51 I’ve owned this car for about a year now. When I bought it, it didn’t make this loud vibration. However, I have raced this car a bunch of times which means going over possible potholes at 100+. I’m not sure if maybe a rim is bent but they don’t look bent and I have rebalanced every tire. The vibration is so bad you can’t hear what anyone is saying in the car, and it’s shakes the whole thing. Here is a video showing it. I’ve replaced both rear shocks as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmd1zwrkce..._0534.MOV?dl=0
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 07:09 AM   #2
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

easton.forney If you haven't already I'd jack or lift the car and run if off the ground. Something is wrong with an axle, wheel, wheel bearing, or drive shaft (anything with rotational mass). I hope it's not your daily driver! I drove on dried out tires for about a year. Vibration was pretty bad. You may have a damaged tire (inner belts). Rebalancing won't fix it and visually you won't be able to notice.
Appreciate 1