E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2022 - 2023 NHL: Who wins the cup?

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2023 Stanley Cup Champion?
Boston Bruins 5 22.73%
Buffalo Sabres 0 0%
Detroit Red Wings 0 0%
Florida Panthers 0 0%
Montreal Canadiens 0 0%
Ottawa Senators 0 0%
Tampa Bay Lightning 0 0%
Toronto Maple Leafs 2 9.09%
Carolina Hurricanes 1 4.55%
Columbus Blue Jackets 0 0%
New Jersey Devils 1 4.55%
New York Islanders 0 0%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 4.55%
Pittsburgh Penguins 2 9.09%
Washington Capitals 0 0%
Arizona Coyotes 0 0%
Chicago Blackhawks 0 0%
Colorado Avalanche 3 13.64%
Dallas Stars 2 9.09%
Minnesota Wild 1 4.55%
Nashville Predators 0 0%
St. Louis Blues 0 0%
Winnipeg Jets 0 0%
Anaheim Ducks 0 0%
Calgary Flames 0 0%
Edmonton Oilers 1 4.55%
Los Angeles Kings 2 9.09%
San Jose Sharks 1 4.55%
Seattle Kraken 0 0%
Vancouver Canucks 0 0%
Vegas Golden Knights 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

04-30-2023, 08:35 PM   #45
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

About 20 seconds before Panthers 3rd goal, TNT flashed the red goal icon

Did they really land on the moon?
      04-30-2023, 08:55 PM   #46
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Hahahah, Boston. Biggest CHOKE ever!!!!!!!!!!! Best hockey weekend ever, Toronto clinches and Bruins choked hard.

Go Leafs Go!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 09:06 PM   #47
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Can I change my vote?

Bruins join the 2007 Patriots as a team that had a hugely successful season followed by a playoff choke. Losing Bergeron hurt, but still, to get beaten by a bottom seeded team in the first round. Oy.
Attached Images

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 04-30-2023 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 2
ShopVac4020.00
MunkyTool542.50
      04-30-2023, 09:18 PM   #48
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

You love to see it. Beantown fans always laugh about the Leafs' 2013 4-1 goal collapse but that was a series the Bruins should have EASILY won but somehow crapped the bed getting generally outplayed until they woke up in the last period of the last game of the series. Never mind they *conveniently* forget chokes of the 3-0 in games and 3-0 goal lead in Game 7 to the Flyers! Eat it Boston aka Choketown (forgot they were leading 3-1 here)! Hahaha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4020.00
      05-01-2023, 08:48 AM   #49
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Can I change my vote?

Bruins join the 2007 Patriots as a team that had a hugely successful season followed by a playoff choke. Losing Bergeron hurt, but still, to get beaten by a bottom seeded team in the first round. Oy.
Bergeron probably should have say out more of the series. While winning faceoffs...guy had 1 goal and was a minus 6 in 3 games played. I think he's done...
      05-01-2023, 08:52 AM   #50
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Av's losing the Kraken is a big deal too. Kinda shocked on that one, to be honest.

Just need the Devils to come through tonight...then I'm good with everything.
      05-01-2023, 09:43 AM   #51
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
About 20 seconds before Panthers 3rd goal, TNT flashed the red goal icon

Did they really land on the moon?
I watched the Panther's games on our local Bally Sports channel and it was about 20 seconds ahead of the the TNT broadcast.
      05-01-2023, 12:01 PM   #52
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
So can we all collectively pray for an Oilers / Leafs final now?
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #53
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
I'd love to see that.

So, do the Leafs have home ice or are there still higher seeded teams?

After suffering for ages, can this fan dare to dream for another series win? Hopefully Florida is exhausted and spent it all after taking out the Bs.
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool542.50
      05-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #54
MunkyTool
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'd love to see that.

So, do the Leafs have home ice or are there still higher seeded teams?

After suffering for ages, can this fan dare to dream for another series win? Hopefully Florida is exhausted and spent it all after taking out the Bs.
Mostly. I believe Vegas would still have home ice if they went all the way. Otherwise it’s Toronto.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2023, 10:03 AM   #55
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkyTool View Post
Quite opposite...I like to see Canadiens suffer. Both out next round...

That said - Truba is an A-hole for the hit on Meier..my hatred for this guy continues. Glad they're out too. Bunch of over-paids that tried to cheat the salary cap with rentals. Good luck now that they lost a bunch of draft picks for nothing.
      05-02-2023, 10:38 AM   #56
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Quite opposite...I like to see Canadiens suffer. Both out next round...
What you got against us poutine-eating, maple sirop-slurping friendly neighbors, eh? 😅

Our nation hasn't won one since '93, have some compassion.😄
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 11:13 AM   #57
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What you got against us poutine-eating, maple sirop-slurping friendly neighbors, eh? 😅

Our nation hasn't won one since '93, have some compassion.😄
Oddly, had poutine last night for dinner. Should have posted in the dinner thread

My son played World Jr's for Team USA. Let's just say I have a hatred for Canadian hockey fans that goes way beyond what one should have for anyone.

That said, and keeping this to the NHL though, let's talk the Toronto fan base. And we'll convert this to baseball for those south of our shared boarder can fully understand, and discuss the Red Sox:
For decades, Red Sox were in check. They had the curse, couldn't win in the playoffs, and folks around the US started to actually feel bad for them. Then one day, they beat the Yankees and go on to win a world series. What happened next was the problem - fans became the 'ultimate knowledge of everything baseball', to the point that just seeing one of their fans is beyond obnoxious. Every fan is a total Ben Asscrack (sorry, autocorrect, Ben Afflict) We all went from feeling bad for them...to becoming 2nd rate fans in their eyes.

The NHL fan base has Toronto in check right now. You can start to see an uproar just because they made it out of the first round. If they win the cup, may God help us all...because the rest of the world will never hear the end of it. Always remember, Toronto had their parade route mapped out, once they signed pajama boy. I hope to never see this route used in my lifetime (though, Raptors used it already...no)

It's not just Canada's fans though...every single team's fan base gets put down by the "original 6" teams fan base. Nobody is worth in their eyes.

Now...for the Oilers. McDavid will never be as good as Crosby. Don't even compare until the McJesus guy holds up Stanley. So him never winning a cup should keep that talk in check.

Truly sad that my dog is named after a current Toronto player and McJesus. Need to get my own priorities straight. Shame on me...
      05-02-2023, 11:29 AM   #58
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Dude, every fanbase has their knuckleheads, the avg Leaf fan is ever hopeful, humble, realistic and used to suffering, just cuz a few loudmouths are out there doesn't really mean much. Maybe the exception are Boston fans with the banana incident and knocking out a Leafs fan cold outta nowhere, among other antics. They don't call them Mass....holes for nothing lol. Like I said before, they conveniently always forgot they are the true chokers and rub in w the Leafs 4-1 2013 loss....a series they should've *easily* won from the start. To say delusional is putting it mildly. Glad they got some major humble pie here. Some fans were chanting "we want the Cup" early in this 2023 series lmao.

Btw, he wasn't wearing PJs, it's a comforter/blanket. I get the ribbing but it's kinda lame ppl mocked him for being ecstatic in achieving his childhood dream.

As far as I'm concerned, the Leafs and Cats are both playing w house money here, so it's gonna be a fun and loose series, so good on them, but, ofc, GLG!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 01:16 PM   #59
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dude, every fanbase has their knuckleheads, the avg Leaf fan is ever hopeful, humble, realistic and used to suffering, just cuz a few loudmouths are out there doesn't really mean much.
I'm aware - they travel well. PIT just happens to be one of the locations they travel to. I hit a few away games every year as well...I'm fully aware that I'm a nuisance. Doesn't make me like 'em any more.

Quote:
Btw, he wasn't wearing PJs, it's a comforter/blanket. I get the ribbing but it's kinda lame ppl mocked him for being ecstatic in achieving his childhood dream.
Oh - I'm aware...this is what name the Islander boys gave him though, not me. I'm not really a fan of how he left, but since I hate the Islanders too, I'm good with it.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the Leafs and Cats are both playing w house money here, so it's gonna be a fun and loose series, so good on them, but, ofc, GLG!
And you call yourself a Habs fan? Excited to watch...physical play vs talent play. Had a feeling that Boston would have trouble with it, don't think the Leafs will have a similar issue. Long as Murray is out, they have a chance.

Honestly though, waiting for this Canes/Devils series. Should be all out speed. Fan of fast hockey...
      05-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #60
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm aware - they travel well. PIT just happens to be one of the locations they travel to. I hit a few away games every year as well...I'm fully aware that I'm a nuisance. Doesn't make me like 'em any more.

Oh - I'm aware...this is what name the Islander boys gave him though, not me. I'm not really a fan of how he left, but since I hate the Islanders too, I'm good with it.

And you call yourself a Habs fan? Excited to watch...physical play vs talent play. Had a feeling that Boston would have trouble with it, don't think the Leafs will have a similar issue. Long as Murray is out, they have a chance.

Honestly though, waiting for this Canes/Devils series. Should be all out speed. Fan of fast hockey...
We Leafs fans suffered long enough, have some compassion and don't hate too much haha.

True, he did leave that org in a 'serpentine' way haha, should've been upfront and more of a man. Oh well.

No man, that's your assumption. I'm a transplanted Leafs fan from Toronto, but don't tell the locals lest I get kicked out haha.

I think that the Leafs have a good chance to go further, but we all know what it means to be a hopeful Leafs fan.

Some great hockey still ahead!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 09:02 PM   #61
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Hmmm...don't think the Panthers have compassion. Down 2-0.

Sergei Boobtitski stood on his head...no?
      05-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #62
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm...don't think the Panthers have compassion. Down 2-0.

Sergei Boobtitski stood on his head...no?
The Leafs played well but that 1 minute in the 2nd period....wth......and also all those hit posts/crossbars. They suck at home. Talk about digging a big hole, they need to take both in Florida or it's over.
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4020.00
      05-05-2023, 11:25 AM   #63
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

This is now some EXCITING hockey! Back and forth, a lot of amazing goalie play.
cotmfk2023.50
      05-08-2023, 06:53 AM   #64
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I mean, if they don't win a game in the 2nd round, did they really get out of the first?
Attached Images

05-08-2023, 09:28 AM   #65
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Good question. It's excruciating being a Leafs fan. I'm not one of those "We Want Florida" ppl as either they or Boston were gonna be super-tough, but cmon, at least make the series competitive. They absolutely didn't deserve to win esp last night, no backchecking, just dump-and-chase hoping to control the puck in the O-zone, so damn passive not rushing at the puck like their lives depended on it, their awful 'attitude' even rubbed off on ROR! as even he got sloppy. They don't want it at all. I dunno who they should keep from mgt to the coach to the players. This is obviously not working. What would you guys do to the team?
Appreciate 1
MunkyTool542.50
      05-08-2023, 11:56 AM   #66
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Tavares is not a leader. Never did shit with the Islanders, does nothing now. With that (and hard to say this) - Marner and Matthews don't have another 'level' like other players. If the play comes easy for them, great...but don't expect them to work for it.

That said, I thought ROR would inject something into these folks...his play, and play of a few others, can't overcome.
cotmfk2023.50