E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Where is shop to install DP?

01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
aph335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

I'm located at West Point NY and need a shop to install my DP. I will travel no more than 45 min. NYC/Brooklyn/queens/manhattan aren't in the mile radius.

So who knows of a shop that has experience with DP on an e92? Anything Newburgh, Middletown, westchester, white plains etc.

OR.. If someone here in same mile radius as stated knows 100% that they can do it... I will pay for that as well. Keep in mind I need you to remove DP and let car sit at your place (or here if your willing and I'd pay gas $) while I wait for replacement DPs.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
aph335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

The fitment issue; the front turbo DP. Where the head of the DP meets the turbo... It does not fit flush. With that said; the flange does not go over it properly. It seems like with some grinding of the head, it can be made to fit but I'm
Not a mechanic. Also, it appears the rear turbo DP is possibly touching the subframe which would cause vibration. I had vibration when I drove it for the 2 minutes but idk if that was cause of the subframe or wrongful Installation. The o2 sensors were all a bitch so idk if those are even in all the way. The car was idling rough and running rough. I just need them to be removed and installed all over again; with a replacement set.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #3
turk23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i SD M-Sport

quick question sorry to go off topic. i ordered a set of vrsf dps from vrspeedfactory.com. is there a difference from them and vr-speed.com? appreciate the help in advance.
      01-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph335i View Post
I'm located at West Point NY and need a shop to install my DP. I will travel no more than 45 min. NYC/Brooklyn/queens/manhattan aren't in the mile radius.

So who knows of a shop that has experience with DP on an e92? Anything Newburgh, Middletown, westchester, white plains etc.

OR.. If someone here in same mile radius as stated knows 100% that they can do it... I will pay for that as well. Keep in mind I need you to remove DP and let car sit at your place (or here if your willing and I'd pay gas $) while I wait for replacement DPs.
My friend owns a small shop in Mamaroneck...about 5 min from white plains. He has done downpipes for other forum members and charges a pretty reasonable price...(less than $150 i believe but don't quote me on that) ..Pm me if you'd like his info.
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk23 View Post
quick question sorry to go off topic. i ordered a set of vrsf dps from vrspeedfactory.com. is there a difference from them and vr-speed.com? appreciate the help in advance.
Nope, they're both the same.

OP is bringing us his car so we can resolve this issue in house free of charge
Appreciate 0