E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 2006 325i 2.5 n52 issues? Help please

08-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
Jakestevens6400
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i, BMW 320i

2006 325i 2.5 n52 issues? Help please

Hi I bought a 325i yesterday, and it's having some issues. When cold the car seems to run better, but when hot it seems there are dead spots and hesitations in acceleration, the car has stalled a couple times just when stationary and EML light comes on, when restarting EML goes away.

It seems to crank quite weakly to start the engine but it does start just find after 3 cranks, it just seems to crank it slower than I would expect as if battery doesn't have much juice but it's been on a long run and battery should be fine as it's fairly new.

I was thinking crank position sensor, anyone got any inputs for me? Ways I can check?

Thank you kindly
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Where did you buy it?

If it was a trader take it back and get them to sort it out as it is not fit for purpose.

If it was private then you need to read the codes to see what is coming up. If it is stalling and flashing the EML at you there should be something stored to give you a clue otherwise you are just guessing and you could spend hundreds of pounds and still not fix the problem.

Just because the battery is "fairly new" does not guarantee it is any good. It may have gone into deep discharge at some point and they often cannot recover from that. You will need to check the battery condition and that it is being charged correctly by the car.

A dodgy battery on these cars throws up all sorts of issues that you would not think possible.
Appreciate 0