E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > SCAMMING/FRAUDULENT ZNM Performance/Auto (Matt Malave ELyse Cruz) Pompton Lakes, NJ

07-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #89
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
So the update is, i dont have my money from from ZNM yet.
Thanks for the update. Quoted bottom line. I've dealt with people like this before. Their excuses would be humorous if there weren't dollar signs attached to them. Wishing you the best and a successful outcome.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      08-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #90
DS3IAM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 XI

Quote:
Sorry for being MIA. I was giving the shop/owners Matt Malave and Elyse Cruze a chance to redeem themselves and make it right.

New Jersey Consumer Affairs was involved and mediated most of this case for me. I indeed got my money back, but i had to do it the hardest fucking way possible, Chargebacks with my CCs. Not ideal and 3 months wasted of my time. ZNM wouldnt just refund me and made me go through that. However the issue is, bringing my car to ZNM has overall cost me money instead. In case you haven't read, i had my car towed from ZNM, in a state that was undriveable, full of leaks, negligently left to rot in a field. Imagine your car sitting in a grass field for 3 fucking harsh northeast seasons. i found a couple insects nests days after, i changed my fuel pump in June and found about 3 dead dead mice under my seat and near the nestled between the fuel pump cover lock ring, corroded paint, rust, etc...there are probably way more issues that i havent found yet. But i cant fix my car until i have the money back from ZNM. So it has been sitting on the street until then.

ZNM agreed to reimburse me for the damage they have done to my car due to their negligence. Documented $2500 tab from MNC Performance, where they noted each issue on paper. Matt also offered retribution. Which i what i am waiting for to this day. Almost 8 months later after picking up my car.

Once again, ZNM (Matt and Elyse) have given me the runaround again. ... Apparently, this so called insurance company of his is paying me the $5000 he owes me..."Your check will be sent in 10 day"...."Oh this receipt isnt acceptable by the insurance guidelines, needs to be scanned." "Ill have a 3 way call with the insurance company with you right now." I offered to accept venmo, paypal, but nope. His "insurance company" is paying me.... How does this work?

So the update is, i dont have my money from from ZNM yet.
Can you go back to NJ Consumer Affairs for the money he still owes you? I can't believe his shop is still open for business!
2009 335i xDrive 6MT // Black Sapphire / Cold Weather / M Sport / PDC / Premium Package / Aerodynamic Kit / Anthracite headliner / Keyless Entry / AR Design Catless Downpipe / Style 313 19" Wheels/ OEM Euro Taillights / LUX H8 160
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 04:14 AM   #91
Leane90
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS3IAM View Post
Can you go back to NJ Consumer Affairs for the money he still owes you? I can't believe his shop is still open for business!
Not only is it open but he’s on Instagram promoting his shop/parts he sells and still scamming people.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #92
MEN54
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leane90 View Post
Not only is it open but he’s on Instagram promoting his shop/parts he sells and still scamming people.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #93
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Quote:
Yup, i wonder where they got the money to do that from......? Lets ask the 10+ people and counting ZNM has fucked over.

Apparently Elyse is running the parts dept, and matt, shop.

http://znmperformance.com/

Elyse is 100% part of Matt's scamming shop, there is no way that his gf/fiance, is THAT NAIVE to have not know whats going on in their shop. They share the same fucking office, same space, and yet he has the audacity to tell me that they are not the same company and they are separate entities, saying she is NOT ZNM. Funny, because she runs their Instagram, and ZNM President is her title, ZNM is on her Linked in, etc...

Its all been edited now, but for those who saw their old websites, her and matt were president/cofounder/ceo, etc together.

I hope everybody makes a wise choice to avoid buying parts from them. LOL, they offer lifetime warranty on their parts. GOOOD LUCK with that. Check out their google reviews too, purposely inflating their ratings with fake reviews...
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 1
DS3IAM201.00
      09-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #94
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

Stopped in last week to get my oil changed. Excellent service, can't beat the price. I was talking to another forum member in the waiting room. He was there to pick up his 135i after a single turbo kit install, exhaust and coilovers. He and Matt went out for a test run. When they got back he couldn't stop smiling. Car is a monster. Called NJ AG Office of Consumer Affairs AGAIN two, maybe three, weeks ago and they're STILL not aware of any investigation into the shop. ZNM has been my shop for six years now. Still waiting to be "scammed".
Appreciate 1
k1doner17.50
      09-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #95
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Stopped in last week to get my oil changed. Excellent service, can't beat the price. I was talking to another forum member in the waiting room. He was there to pick up his 135i after a single turbo kit install, exhaust and coilovers. He and Matt went out for a test run. When they got back he couldn't stop smiling. Car is a monster. Called NJ AG Office of Consumer Affairs AGAIN two, maybe three, weeks ago and they're STILL not aware of any investigation into the shop. ZNM has been my shop for six years now. Still waiting to be "scammed".

EDIT: now that I've thought about it, lots of scammy and predatory tactics have been used throughout my years using Matt. Still owes me nearly $850, and hes for 4 months. Stay away.

I've had primarily decent personal experiences too, just my 2 cents. He did a lot of work on my n54 335i before I worked on things myself, and is usually where I get my parts if I need them the same day/ next day. I've occasionally had parts not show up on time, and take a while to get there. Now I do all my own work, and a same day warrantied parts supplier is super convenient, since I work 20 minutes from the shop. Don't know how he could be making money off me at all, since I'm returning most parts I buy, and just use the free (warrantied) oil and filters like mad.

Last edited by Spyro235; 01-06-2020 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #96
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool Story man. Whatever you just stated about NJ Consumer Affairs is a straight up FALSE. You literally sound like Matt (Matt is this you?), spreading false information. Just like when you posted few months back (Post #77).
Quote:
And I thought that you guys couldn’t get any more pathetic 60 replies ago. A few of us ZNM regulars were concerned that this group was going to fuck up our shop that we contacted the Attorney General and Bergen County Consumer Affairs Office on the off chance somebody might actually be listening to you. Good news is we’re safe. Your little group is bitching to itself. Have a good one.

Anyways Here is my proof buddy, please NOTE the date when it was requested from Matt and acknowledge to yourself how stupid you look now. "HeY NJ CoNSumEr AFfAiRs, CaN YoU TeLL WHo yOU ArE INVeSTiGatiNg TOdaYY....."

1. I am part of this investigation, ill even attach my documentation
2. I am 1 of several cases they are dealing with, I'm sure everyone involved is staying quiet until their cases are close. Mine is closed, so im here to help anyone who needs it.
3.WHY would they fucking tell you anything that has nothing to do with you

You do realize, you have to be an absolute idiot if you think you can run a scamming/fraudulent business if you scam EVERY single person out there. You do need to build some sort of reputation, so you bring in some business, AND THEN scam them. Common now.....

So like i said earlier, Fantastic that you keep using ZNM, nobody gives a fuck. Im here to tell people my personal experience, and have others know what he is capable of. This isn't some bullshit made up, feel bad for me story. Its the truth.

As far as that 135i owner, time will tell. Like everybody else, NOBODY knew what Matt/ZNM/Elyse did to their car until their car left the shop. And people came forth with their stories, just google ZNM Auto Performance.

ARD5040, Keep bending over for ZNM. And please respond this time with something other than ZNM ass kissing. Ill be here waiting.
Attached Images

15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)

Last edited by Lshaw; 09-11-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #97
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
I've had primarily decent personal experiences too, just my 2 cents. He did a lot of work on my n54 335i before I worked on things myself, and is usually where I get my parts if I need them the same day/ next day. I've occasionally had parts not show up on time, and take a while to get there. Now I do all my own work, and a same day warrantied parts supplier is super convenient, since I work 20 minutes from the shop. Don't know how he could be making money off me at all, since I'm returning most parts I buy, and just use the free (warrantied) oil and filters like mad.
Like i stated above, you cannot run a business and scam/fraud every single person....So i believe you, and i believe he did have some happy customers in the past and present.

But there are too many people he has scammed, and some people dont even know it. Time will tell with most. The most recent people that have came out to speak against ZNM has had work done in the past months and are NOW realizing things are not right.
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #98
kfrazie1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Cool Story man. Whatever you just stated about NJ Consumer Affairs is a straight up FALSE. You literally sound like Matt (Matt is this you?), spreading false information. Just like when you posted few months back (Post #77).

Anyways Here is my proof buddy, please NOTE the date when it was requested from Matt and acknowledge to yourself how stupid you look now. "HeY NJ CoNSumEr AFfAiRs, CaN YoU TeLL WHo yOU ArE INVeSTiGatiNg TOdaYY....."

2. I am 1 of several cases they are dealing with, I'm sure everyone involved is staying quiet until their cases are close. Mine is closed, so im here to help anyone who needs it.

You do realize, you have to be an absolute idiot if you think you can run a scamming/fraudulent business if you scam EVERY single person out there. You do need to build some sort of reputation, so you bring in some business, AND THEN scam them. Common now.....

So like i said earlier, Fantastic that you keep using ZNM, nobody gives a fuck. Im here to tell people my personal experience, and have others know what he is capable of. This isn't some bullshit made up, feel bad for me story. Its the truth.

As far as that 135i owner, time will tell. Like everybody else, NOBODY knew what Matt/ZNM/Elyse did to their car until their car left the shop. And people came forth with their stories, just google ZNM Auto Performance.

ARD5040, Keep bending over for ZNM. And please respond this time with something other than ZNM ass kissing. Ill be here waiting.
Got ‘em!
Appreciate 1
Lshaw250.50
      09-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #99
cortez08
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrazie1 View Post
Quote:

Got 'em!
Much more to come....Stay tuned!
Appreciate 1
Lshaw250.50
      09-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #100
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Like i stated above, you cannot run a business and scam/fraud every single person....So i believe you, and i believe he did have some happy customers in the past and present.

But there are too many people he has scammed, and some people dont even know it. Time will tell with most. The most recent people that have came out to speak against ZNM has had work done in the past months and are NOW realizing things are not right.
No hard feelings- It's awful that you've had this experience, and awful it's happened to anyone. Even a friend of mine is starting to come to the conclusion that he may have been taken for a ride- I'm currently talking to him to see if he has proof to bring up to consumer affairs like you have, and we'll see where he's going from there. I've been following these scam threads closely for years now, to see if I ever see evidence of anything with my cars.
      10-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #101
k1doner
2Fast Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i AWD Conversion

Quote:
Quote:

Hey Bud thats my 135i who were you? Im not good at using the forums and what not but ive been in and out that shop for years ive had my issues , everything came to light and im fully invested in fixing every situation, and as many as you would think its a Lie Elyse actually was blind sighted by all this "scams" and cant ponder how matt would get paid and not order parts and or do the work.. but in the past it may have happened im sorry for that but i have fully been invested in fixing the bmw community ive been at the shop every single day making sure every car is getting properly done correctly and parts are getting ordered and ive made several post on fb and ig stating this and if anyone had any on going issues to contact me there , and ive been fixing them as they come.

Thanks guys

- Frankie TwoFast
Attached Images

10-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #102
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1doner View Post
Hey Bud thats my 135i who were you? Im not good at using the forums and what not here but ive been in and out that shop for years ive had my issues , everything came to light and im fully invested in fixing every situation, and as many as you would think its a Lie Elyse actually was blind sighted by all this "scams" and cant ponder how matt would get paid and not order parts and or do the work.. but hey the past it happened im sorry for that but i have fully been invested in fixing the bmw community ive been at the shop every single day making sure every car is getting properly done correctly and parts are getting ordered and ive made several post on fb and ig stating this and if anyone had any on going issues to contact me there , and ive been fixing them as they come.

Thanks guys

- Frankie TwoFast
What are you even trying to say? Do you work for/with ZNM. Your post doesn't really make sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 09:29 PM   #103
k1doner
2Fast Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Hey Bud thats my 135i who were you? Im not good at using the forums and what not here but ive been in and out that shop for years ive had my issues , everything came to light and im fully invested in fixing every situation, and as many as you would think its a Lie Elyse actually was blind sighted by all this "scams" and cant ponder how matt would get paid and not order parts and or do the work.. but hey the past it happened im sorry for that but i have fully been invested in fixing the bmw community ive been at the shop every single day making sure every car is getting properly done correctly and parts are getting ordered and ive made several post on fb and ig stating this and if anyone had any on going issues to contact me there , and ive been fixing them as they come.

Thanks guys

- Frankie TwoFast
What are you even trying to say? Do you work for/with ZNM. Your post doesn't really make sense.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks guys

- Frankie TwoFast

I have taking over it Matt has Stepped away , im sorry if something did not Make Sense in me requesting if anyone is having any unsolved issues to contact me.
      10-29-2019, 09:37 PM   #104
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
I have taking over it Matt has Stepped away , im sorry if something did not Make Sense in me requesting if anyone is having any unsolved issues to contact me.
Ok that's a little more clear. Your first post I couldn't tell if you were helping ZNM out or what exactly was going on. Hopefully you can turn it around!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #105
k1doner
2Fast Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok that's a little more clear. Your first post I couldn't tell if you were helping ZNM out or what exactly was going on. Hopefully you can turn it around!
Quote:
Quote:

I am trying i was just notified a few hours ago about this thread/ fourm ive only been on here few years back to sell parts i never really looked thru it. we have a really good staff here the techs know everything about bmws , ive hired a tuner/coder part time to do all the tech work cic swaps all that fun stuff everything has been running fantastic with all new comers and ive fixed a few old situations that came to my attention , incase i dont respond rite away here my FB is Frankie Twofast , or insta 5po0LinNbo0LiN , just shoot me a msg if need anything and ill be happy to help asap we need good trust worthy shops and thats what my goal is
      10-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #106
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

folks, without proof the original owners are not gone from ZNM it could be a new front person trying to draw in people again.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:50 PM   #107
mrshizznat055
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

If you are helping him out, you have a lot of work to do. Matt didnt do half the work he was suppose to on my car

Quote:
I am trying i was just notified a few hours ago about this thread/ fourm ive only been on here few years back to sell parts i never really looked thru it. we have a really good staff here the techs know everything about bmws , ive hired a tuner/coder part time to do all the tech work cic swaps all that fun stuff everything has been running fantastic with all new comers and ive fixed a few old situations that came to my attention , incase i dont respond rite away here my FB is Frankie Twofast , or insta 5po0LinNbo0LiN , just shoot me a msg if need anything and ill be happy to help asap we need good trust worthy shops and thats what my goal is
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 07:20 AM   #108
Leane90
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
folks, without proof the original owners are not gone from ZNM it could be a new front person trying to draw in people again.

I feel the same !! When asked he said “Matt only takes care of the parts section, whole other shop is under my control” deff seems like a cover up! Put him behind the scene and rip more people off !! If you wanna make it right you should fix all known problems listed in this thread to start .
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      10-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #109
k1doner
2Fast Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I feel the same !! When asked he said “Matt only takes care of the parts section, whole other shop is under my control” deff seems like a cover up! Put him behind the scene and rip more people off !! If you wanna make it right you should fix all known problems listed in this thread to start .
Quote:
Quote:

I feel the same !! When asked he said "Matt only takes care of the parts section, whole other shop is under my control" deff seems like a cover up! Put him behind the scene and rip more people off !! If you wanna make it right you should fix all known problems listed in this thread to start .

Well why do you think im here? And ive been doing that on who ever contacted me so far.
      10-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #110
k1doner
2Fast Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I feel the same !! When asked he said "Matt only takes care of the parts section, whole other shop is under my control" deff seems like a cover up! Put him behind the scene and rip more people off !! If you wanna make it right you should fix all known problems listed in this thread to start .
Quote:

Lol people always think the worse you can come on by , contact me w e shit grab a wrench while you here i dont have to sell you on coming by but im trying to help anyone with pending issues thats for sure and hopefully they do come back