E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Portland service - Kuni v. Rasmussen

10-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
E90OR
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

Portland service - Kuni v. Rasmussen

Any recent comments between these two? It seems like posts on here are a few years old, so I was hoping for some current reviews of them. Friendly, knowledgeable, loaners, attitudes, turn around times...

I have an E90 with 60k, some type of service must be due
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Kuni provides great service. Fast scheduling, fast turnaround, good loaner pool.

Overall experience depends upon your service advisor.

PM me if you want a SA referral.
      10-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Tee-Dub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I've been very happy with Rasmussen.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Come see us here at Rasmussen. We have a great service staff (I was part of it until Sept 1st) and will be happy to take care of you!

I simply don't know why you'd consider anywhere else?

Paul - I'm still going to win you over.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Rasmussen FTW!

Get a hold of Ty Vilhauer or Peter Perez. Bunch of good guys to say the least!

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

I work with Jerry McKinster at Rasmussen. He's knowledgeable and appreciates customers who are too. He's always been able to get me in right away for severe problems and is still pretty quick for lesser issues.

I've never been to Kuni, so I'm not sure how they are. I just know I'm satisfied with Rasmussen.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
Tee-Dub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Jerry is who I go to also. Great guy and very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
red.66mustang
Black.e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 6MT, Carbon Blk/Cinnamn

I bought a car at Ras. and have had 2 serviced with them. Overall I have been unimpressed. The last time I brought a car in it was an absolute headache....took 5 days to diagnose, 3 of those days the car was just sitting there cause a tech couldn't get to it. No offer of a loaner and finally when my car was complete, when I went to pick it up it took literally 1 hour for them to bring it to me because and I quote "we miss placed your car." Not impressed at all. My 30k inspection is coming up in about a month, I plan on taking it to Kuni to give their service dept a try, hopefully it will be better than what I have experienced at Rasmussen.
      11-03-2009, 03:35 AM   #9
E91AWD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2007 328xiT

Kuni has been great.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
Parachute>Seatbelts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: in the rain...cuz its Portland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Rasmussen FTW!

Get a hold of Ty Vilhauer or Peter Perez. Bunch of good guys to say the least!
FTL

Don't EVER go with Rasmussen BMW. 100% unreliable.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parachute>Seatbelts View Post
FTL

sent PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FTL

Case and point?

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
RDHTran
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 330i

In my experiences I had better success with Rasmussen and their customer service, especially Ty who has helped me out a lot. Kuni just doesn't seem to care if you return or not. My next future purchase will definitely be from Rasmussen.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

+1.......sorry to hear those with unsatisfactory experiences with rasmusson. But let's keep it real, the dealership doesn't call the shots BMWNA does.

Still waiting to hear why rasmusson is SO unreliable........

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #15
rolling18
I AM the 12th. Emom
Rep
Drives: 07 335i SG

ive had EXCELLENT service with KUNI!
in addition they actually are OPEN on the weekends!! (that alone keeps me from Rassmusen) nice loaners,
massage chairs, LOTS of waiting room nice bigscreen TV's, lots of free snacks!
great lot to wander around in and browse,
I dont know if KUNI is "mod friendly" though

from what ive seen of rassmussen's service dept,
VERY small waiting/ seating area, not much on site inventory for browsing,
poor hours for service dept.
      07-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #16
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
Come see us here at Rasmussen. We have a great service staff (I was part of it until Sept 1st) and will be happy to take care of you!

I simply don't know why you'd consider anywhere else?

Paul - I'm still going to win you over.
Ty,
Bringing my car in monday, got the service due light, not sure what to expect, car is still under warranty, lady that made my appt. didnt seem to know if the service was covered under warranty or not, guess I would like to know if I need to re mortgage my house before I stop in, or if the service is covered. Also, do i need to worry about mods? Thanks Ty.

george
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
awd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberger1 View Post
Ty,
Bringing my car in monday, got the service due light, not sure what to expect, car is still under warranty, lady that made my appt. didnt seem to know if the service was covered under warranty or not, guess I would like to know if I need to re mortgage my house before I stop in, or if the service is covered. Also, do i need to worry about mods? Thanks Ty.

george
When I have gone in for service there I had a fmic and a exhaust. They said nothing about them and compleated the service ( three times so far). The first time was with the hpf exhuast so you know they heard it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

if your out of warranty and have mods will either dealership still do the hpfp recall?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #19
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

We have our cars serviced at Kuni and couldn't be happier with the service. They've been great to work with. But, I don't have any experience with Rasmussen to make any comparisons.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #20
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
FTL

Tim,
You were correct sir, Rasmussen experience was not pleasant. First they told me that my appt. wasnt until next monday, which is not the 18th, today is. They also told me when I made my appt. that my car would only be there for half a day..It is still there, apparently when they do s/w updates it takes really long. Sorry, I dont believe that at all. I have had good service there in the past, when it was Rasmussen, however now that it is Lithia...suck it. I wont be coming back.

Pro-Tek, I will be there thursday!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #21
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberger1 View Post
Tim,
You were correct sir, Rasmussen experience was not pleasant. First they told me that my appt. wasnt until next monday, which is not the 18th, today is. They also told me when I made my appt. that my car would only be there for half a day..It is still there, apparently when they do s/w updates it takes really long. Sorry, I dont believe that at all. I have had good service there in the past, when it was Rasmussen, however now that it is Lithia...suck it. I wont be coming back.

Pro-Tek, I will be there thursday!
Wow! Those are some bold statements......So how many times have you been to Rasmussen for service? I'm pretty sure when Tim made that comment about Rasmussen, it was STILL Rasmussen, just look at the post date......And I'm pretty sure he said FTL for a completely different reason than yours, FWIW.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the few times that you've used Rasmussen, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They ALWAYS took care of me. It could also be your SA, there's always that few SAs no matter WHAT dealership you go to that doesn't know what they're doing.......Just make sure to talk to the RIGHT people. If you care to know whom to talk to, PM me. If not, GL with the rest of your warrantied miles......

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #22
gberger1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Wow! Those are some bold statements......So how many times have you been to Rasmussen for service? I'm pretty sure when Tim made that comment about Rasmussen, it was STILL Rasmussen, just look at the post date......And I'm pretty sure he said FTL for a completely different reason than yours, FWIW.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the few times that you've used Rasmussen, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them. They ALWAYS took care of me. It could also be your SA, there's always that few SAs no matter WHAT dealership you go to that doesn't know what they're doing.......Just make sure to talk to the RIGHT people. If you care to know whom to talk to, PM me. If not, GL with the rest of your warrantied miles......
I appreciate the offer, though I see no reason to go back to a place that has inconvenienced me and my daughter such as they did this evening. I dont think it is asking too much for a business to correctly quote how long a task takes to accomplish, I would think given the period of time they have been in business, they would know how long something takes, and if they dont, then dont give incorrect information. I think most people, me included, plan their day according to schedules, especially when dropping off your vehicle to have it serviced..Ie..if I drop it off at x time...and it is done by y...I can schedule my workday around this, however when y is wrong...now I have to juggle my workday, my parenting schedule etc.. Another example? ok. We will call you when the car is ready....ok, easy enough right? Me, Im told my car will need to be there for 1/2 a day, I dropped it off at 0800, half day? lets say 2 for shits and giggles...no call...3? nothing, I call at 3:15, why in GOD's name do I have to call them? Why cant they call me and update me and let me know it is going to take longer than expected..oh..they are busy excuse? Im not busy? IM THE CUSTOMER!!!!

I dont care when Tim went in, what difference does time matter when customer service is the issue?

Bold statements ok, factual statements for sure.
I appreciate the offer for a good SA, really I do, but if you know of a good one, why not post it? Why pm? A good person, and good service deserves recognition.

Bad service should also be pointed out so other consumers are informed.
Appreciate 0