E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > LCI paddle shifters modded for pre-LCI

Closed Thread

09-19-2023, 02:58 PM   #1
ppointer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3M, '12 335is, '22 540i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [5.25]
2012 BMW 335is  [5.00]
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
1967 Chevrolet Corv ...  [10.00]
2001 M Roadster  [10.00]
2022 BMW 540i  [0.75]
2009 528i  [9.50]
LCI paddle shifters modded for pre-LCI

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Hello e9x fans. These paddles are the +/- type that came from the factory on LCI automatic cars. I modded these to work on my 2009 e91 (pre-LCI) to replace the push/pull paddles that came on that car.

See the attached PDF that illustrates the modification to these paddle shifters. Also see pictures of the paddles.

I sold the e91 to a close friend who is in the process of converting it to MT. So, off come the paddles so that someone else can make use of them. As you can see in the PDF, the idea is to replace the old style push/pull paddle shifters on a pre-LCI automatic, with the LCI-style +/- paddle shifters.

So, these paddle shifters already have the modification described in the PDF, making them truly plug-and-play, IF IF IF you have a pre-LCI AT car that is already equipped with pre-LCI paddles. If you do not have any paddles now, you'll have to do additional work to make these function in your car.

I guess it should also be said these will no longer function in an LCI car, as they are wired now for pre-LCI. Apologies for being pedantic, but want to be fully transparent.

The installation process is not difficult. Disconnect the battery and wait at least 15 minutes. Remove and disconnect the air bag from the wheel. You disconnected the battery at least 15 minutes ago, right???? There are Youtube videos to show how to remove the airbag. Remove the trim piece, which is three Torx screws from the back of the wheel, I think T25 or close to that. Disconnect the wiring for the existing paddle shifters, one connection per paddle. Unscrew the paddles, one screw each (T25 I think). Reverse the process for the new paddles.

Price is shipped within the lower 48. Not interested in any foreign transactions. I'll take PayPal or VenMo.

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_LCI_Paddle_modification.pdf (1.29 MB, 339 views)
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread