E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > NOx Sensor & Injectors

08-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
Macaulyr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

NOx Sensor & Injectors

BMW 320i E92 2009

Took the car to get 'diagnosed' with what I thought could've been a faulty NOx sensor.. They plugged it in to realise that 2 injectors were not fuelling correctly! (as well as an electrical fault with the NOx sensor) They said that petrol would be leaking from the injectors into the oil; thus thinning the oil until the engine gives up..

Obviously this would not be an ideal situation..

They have quoted £2160 for 2 new injectors, a new NOx sensor, new spark plugs and an oil change. I haven't come across anything like this before and wonder if anyone else has?

If so, do you see that as a reasonable price?

T.I.A
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaulyr View Post
BMW 320i E92 2009

Took the car to get 'diagnosed' with what I thought could've been a faulty NOx sensor.. They plugged it in to realise that 2 injectors were not fuelling correctly! (as well as an electrical fault with the NOx sensor) They said that petrol would be leaking from the injectors into the oil; thus thinning the oil until the engine gives up..

Obviously this would not be an ideal situation..

They have quoted £2160 for 2 new injectors, a new NOx sensor, new spark plugs and an oil change. I haven't come across anything like this before and wonder if anyone else has?

If so, do you see that as a reasonable price?

T.I.A
On a US/CA diesel car, that would be a "reasonable" price. Not pleasant or ideal for sure. The NOx sensors are quite expensive (around $500 each); not sure which injectors you have, but the M57 US ones are around $500 each.

Check prices on realoem.com - although US based, it has all the EU/UK parts/numbers/costs.
Appreciate 0