E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > WTB - E91 LCI 6-Speed - M-Sport Preferred

01-24-2024, 12:53 PM   #1
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 911 C2 (sold)

WTB - E91 LCI 6-Speed - M-Sport Preferred

Hello!

I'm finally in a place where I'm seriously looking to buy an E91. I'm looking for a dailyable example (one that already has some miles, not cosmetically perfect, but ideally mechanically sorted).

Specifically looking for, in no particular order:
-6-speed manual
-M-Sport (LCI given that this is the US)
-Minimal to no rust

Don't have a preference for RWD vs xDrive, or single vs double hump. No preference on color combo. Would prefer something as close to stock as possible. Bonus points for winter wheels, service records, and known history.

Would be willing to make concessions on M-Sport for an otherwise-good ZSP, and would be willing to make concessions on M-Sport and LCI for a really sorted pre-LCI ZSP. I'm located in MA, but for the right car wouldn't have an issue paying to ship it from somewhere outside of New England.

I know that's a pretty broad brush to paint with here, so I'm not naming a price out of the gate. If you have a wagon that fits those criteria and are looking to sell, let me know, and I'll be in touch.

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Fredo190.50
      01-24-2024, 01:25 PM   #2
CoralRed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, e36/7, e91 times 2

Hi!

My white e91 is going to be for sale soon/would sell it now (I’ll explain what I mean).

I have a 2008 ZSP/RWD/Manual/no idrive that I bought last May. I bought it with the intent on doing an N54 swap but ultimately ended up buying a Crimson Red e91 that popped up near me (see my recent post on the e91 for sale thread about it haha). I also have a Picture thread about it.

It’s alpine white with Terra… a very striking color combo IMO. It also has the logic 7 stereo which is the best car stereo System I’ve ever had. Current mileage is about 128,000.

Since I bought it (with in the last 2000 miles) I’ve put 4 new tires on it, new radiator w/ new upper and lower coolant hoses, and new front brakes. It runs just as it should and is totally dry underneath (no rust either as it’s originally a SFO bay car). I also bought the luggage compartment cover since for some reason it wasn’t in the car when I bought it.

The bad:

It needs some general TLC inside and out. The front and rear bumpers could use a re-spray. One of the wheels probably is bent because there’s a bit of a vibration at highway speed. Needs new shocks. I’ve been dailying it off and on since I bought it and haven’t noticed the shocks being that big of an issue but they’re definitely blown.

I’ve been debating on keeping it as a daily until I finish the build on my Crimson Red wagon (probably be done late summer) but I wouldn’t turn down a willing buyer. I don’t have any winter wheels, etc. but I’ll have a ton of spares left over when I finish the build. It’s just gonna be a bit on those lol.

This is the listing from when it sold on BaT back in 2017.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-bmw-328-2/
Let me know if you’d like to chat about it!

Last edited by CoralRed; 01-24-2024 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 05:47 PM   #3
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
Hi!

My white e91 is going to be for sale soon/would sell it now (I’ll explain what I mean).

I have a 2008 ZSP/RWD/Manual/no idrive that I bought last May. I bought it with the intent on doing an N54 swap but ultimately ended up buying a Crimson Red e91 that popped up near me (see my recent post on the e91 for sale thread about it haha). I also have a Picture thread about it.

It’s alpine white with Terra… a very striking color combo IMO. It also has the logic 7 stereo which is the best car stereo System I’ve ever had. Current mileage is about 128,000.

Since I bought it (with in the last 2000 miles) I’ve put 4 new tires on it, new radiator w/ new upper and lower coolant hoses, and new front brakes. It runs just as it should and is totally dry underneath (no rust either as it’s originally a SFO bay car). I also bought the luggage compartment cover since for some reason it wasn’t in the car when I bought it.

The bad:

It needs some general TLC inside and out. The front and rear bumpers could use a re-spray. One of the wheels probably is bent because there’s a bit of a vibration at highway speed. Needs new shocks. I’ve been dailying it off and on since I bought it and haven’t noticed the shocks being that big of an issue but they’re definitely blown.

I’ve been debating on keeping it as a daily until I finish the build on my Crimson Red wagon (probably be done late summer) but I wouldn’t turn down a willing buyer. I don’t have any winter wheels, etc. but I’ll have a ton of spares left over when I finish the build. It’s just gonna be a bit on those lol.

This is the listing from when it sold on BaT back in 2017.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-bmw-328-2/
Let me know if you’d like to chat about it!
Thanks for the info! I'll get back to you if I haven't found any M-Sport examples and push comes to shove for me having a car. I've been following that E91s thread for a bit, and did see that crimson red car. Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 06:20 PM   #4
CoralRed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, e36/7, e91 times 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Atkinson View Post
Thanks for the info! I'll get back to you if I haven't found any M-Sport examples and push comes to shove for me having a car. I've been following that E91s thread for a bit, and did see that crimson red car. Looks great!
You’re welcome! Just let me know. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 02:15 PM   #5
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Not mine, stumbled upon it during my own search for an M sport (I'm looking for an E90).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 10:45 AM   #6
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Not mine, stumbled upon it during my own search for an M sport (I'm looking for an E90).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2111112l%22%7D
I'd seen this one in the E91s for sale thread, a little concerned about how badly it got hit. The pics of the damage looks pretty bad. I suppose with the right documentation, and at the right price, it could be an interesting proposition. Really is a shame, its basically perfect spec-wise.

EDIT: Damage https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...2#post30530012
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 02:20 PM   #7
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Atkinson View Post
I'd seen this one in the E91s for sale thread, a little concerned about how badly it got hit. The pics of the damage looks pretty bad. I suppose with the right documentation, and at the right price, it could be an interesting proposition. Really is a shame, its basically perfect spec-wise.

EDIT: Damage https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...2#post30530012
Yikes! I didn't know the backstory on the car, I'm not paying attention to that E91 thread since I'm looking for an E90, but yah that's enough to certainly be leery.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 09:18 PM   #8
jkross22
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i wagon

Selling my e91

Hi H,

Just posted my e91 for sale tonight. Not sure it's close enough to what you're really wanting, but feel free to message me if you want to discuss.

Best,
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2024, 09:19 PM   #9
jkross22
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i wagon

A link would help: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2077997
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 10:05 PM   #10
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Replied in thread, I'll deff consider it if I can't find an M-Sport car within the timeframe I need to.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #11
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Bump - still looking. Slight adjustment here - if you've got an LCI ZSP in RWD, also seriously considering.

Last edited by H-Atkinson; 02-04-2024 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0