E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > DME codes after flashing

01-21-2024, 08:16 AM   #1
suspect
.******.
Rep
Drives: car

DME codes after flashing

Installed MHD no tune. It was successful, turned ignition off, removed key and waited more than 30 seconds before turning back on. Got three codes.

2BA2 - DME Terminal 15 deactivation, activation
2EE6 - DME Coolant-temperature sensor, measurement range.
2FA3 - DME No coding

Cleared the codes, all 3 codes came back instantly, fan on full blast.
Cleared the code again 2BA2 and 2FA3 came back instantly but not 2EE6 coolant temperature code, fan still on full blast.

Turn the car off, ignition on, clear all codes - 2BA2 and 2FA3 come back, fan off (assuming normal operation)

So now I am left with 2FA3 (DME no coding) that comes back instantly, the 2BA2 (terminal 15) code comes back after switching ignition off/on. Everytime I clear codes while engine is running, I get ABS fault which clears by itself.

With MHD no other options were selected. Just stage 0 no tune. Had an idling car connected with jump cables but not battery charger. Any clues what has happened here?

The car sounds smoother, I had a waste gate rattle which is better after the flash even though I did not select waste gate rattle fix option lol

Took the car for a run, half throttle no WOT. Car maintains coolant at 85-87 C (185-190 F) at high speed. Fan turns on when coolant temp is at 106 C (223 F) and turns off at 102 C (217 F) but have not seen it max out again.

Last edited by suspect; 01-21-2024 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 10:13 AM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

interresting.

I have the same codes, but I was assuming this was because I swapped the engine (LCI) to a non-LCI chassis, including the CAS, DME and cluster.

The car run fine.

Please report if you find it.

(the only issue I can see on my side, I did few MHD flash, and 1 time I forgot to put the JB4 on map 0)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 12:47 PM   #3
suspect
.******.
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
interresting.

I have the same codes, but I was assuming this was because I swapped the engine (LCI) to a non-LCI chassis, including the CAS, DME and cluster.

The car run fine.

Please report if you find it.

(the only issue I can see on my side, I did few MHD flash, and 1 time I forgot to put the JB4 on map 0)
The DME no coding does not appear to be a big deal but I cant find much on 2BA2 Terminal 15 deactivation, activation.

According to this video

and this (remove the spaces. cant post link without spaces)
https : / / w w w . s p o o l s t r e e t . c o m /threads/bmw-battery-terminals-explanation-15-15n-15wup-30-30g-30g_f-30b-30f-50.5630/

Terminal 15 is related to stop-start switch or maybe it is the stop-start switch. Cant find much on what the error is trying to say. I checked the codes before flashing to make sure of a good connection and all codes were clear so it has defeinitely happened after the flash.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 01:08 PM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

make sense that is related on start/stop switch in my case.
Since the donor CAS is comfort access and the receiver dont have those antennas nor coding.

I can't lock/unlock doors with the donor remote, but I can start the car.
Appreciate 1
suspect23.50