E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > lumbar and bolsters not working

07-29-2020, 12:02 AM   #23
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E86Z View Post
Resurrecting an old thread to help others. Thanks to op and the contributors making this so much easier.

I just did this, my car is a 2011 and the seats were 2009. The wiring diagrams kind of helped but here's what I did:

Passenger side very easy
I used one of these to connect the two wires 7 and 9 on the seat side

Driver side
Same deal but you have to bridge the plus side and the ground
So two of those connectors, red and black wire with the red and brown. Then brown with brown.

I managed to take a few pictures of the drivers side wiring:

Ok I’m about to tackle this. Are you saying they don’t need to be repinned at all? They just need a jumper to connect the wires together? Essentially connecting them together so that power is now shared between both wires?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #24
devilzie
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: X5 35i 2011

Finally found this thread... really helpful
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 10:53 PM   #25
devilzie
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: X5 35i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf231 View Post
I finally got around the wiring the seats this weekend. I am happy to report it works. So I cut the existing pin 4 power and 8 ground wires from the car and added 2 of each wires so I filled the connector with pin 4 and 9 for power and 8 and 13 for ground and voila as you say. All is working. I am not yet completely happy with the splice material used that links the wires together, so I might redo it if I can find a better split joint.
your report really helped me.
All this time I thought that the problem in the side bolster motor or its module.
Already try switching parts between left and right seat but all parts seems good.

After reading your post, finally I check the connector and understand that pin no.7 and 9 from the car are empty.

Following your steps, now all runs well...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #26
Nipperjam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Heated seat

Hi I'm having trouble getting passenger side heat to work no lights when button pressed tried bridging missing power wire and added canbus wires from drivers side and still got no power but the I drive came up with central electric failure any help would be appreciated I knew to this managed to get my lumber on drivers side and heat worked after swap but no passenger side heat
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #27
doublecup
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Resurrecting an old thread to help others. Thanks to op and the contributors making this so much easier.

I just did this, my car is a 2011 and the seats were 2009. The wiring diagrams kind of helped but here's what I did:

Passenger side very easy

Driver side
So two of those connectors, red and black wire with the red and brown. Then brown with brown.

Thank you sooooooo much for this post! I have an LCI with heat + power base seats, got LCI sports ones and naively figured it was plug and play. Look around and see everyone talking about repinning connectors and such which is well beyond my comfort zone (am comfortable mechanically, not so with electric stuff). Pretty confused about what to do.

Of course the seats came with lumbar maxed out, literally felt like a basketball was wedged behind me. Came across your post...never seen those connectors but easily found locally. Your directions made sense, pics were super helpful. Verified wiring diagrams so I'm not just following stuff blindly. Still makes sense. Proceed with splicing and BAM! All works perfectly, no more basketball, seats comfy af. Really appreciate it!

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 11:32 PM   #28
Cyril Sneer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/4/5 / E91

Allow me to second the massive appreciation for your post. After, truly, hours of research over many days, with very mixed information resulting, this was exactly the solution I needed.

My situation, in case it helps any others:

My car: 2011 LCI E91. Standard seats w/ power, heat, memory.
Donor: 2009 LCI E90. Sport seats w/ power, heat, memory, bolster (no lumbar).

Solution: exactly as E86Z described:

Passenger side - bridge 7 & 9. I had contacts on both, but only on the passenger side. The bridge connector was able to fit inside the back of the yellow housing when I reassembled.

Driver's side - bridge both red wires and both brown wires. Which I believe is 4&7 and 8&13. I didn't have contacts on 7&9 on drivers side, hence the different process.

Luckily Cambodian Tire sells 3 packs of bridge connectors, which worked out perfect: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-22-18-awg-self-stripping-tap-connector-3-pk-0206928p.0206928.html

Again, huge thanks to E86Z. Hopefully this information helps the next victim trying to sort this out.

Quote:

Passenger side very easy

Driver side

Appreciate 0