E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Aliexpress big brake kits (NOW WITH PICS)

04-29-2022, 06:45 AM   #177
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneShoelaces View Post
I watch the Apex taxi Nurburgring youtube channel (Mischa Choudrin) where they run various cars as taxis and rentals on the ring and drive the hell out of them. I find it interesting as they detail the setup of the cars. The bulk of them run on stock brakes with upgraded pads.
perhaps on Ring but on any other smaller circuit are the standard brakes easily off after 1-2 laps... incl. M cars... I have seen Bmw brakes disks glowing orange red after one lap in Brno (something like SPA)...
      04-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #178
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 07' 335i

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [1.00]
Decided to pull the trigger. Wish me luck.

I understand the hate for knock offs. Also understand modern replicas are not the same as those of yesteryear. There is still a lot of junk out there but there is also a lot of quality ones. Rolexes are faked a lot and even some of the avid collectors admit there will soon be 1:1 superclones at the rate they are going. So why don't these companies make their own under their own branding? Marketing. Not having to spend money on marketing is a huge advantage. I am not advocating for knockoffs just explaining the on going situation with knockoffs in general.

Would there be as much an uproar if these just claimed to be Brembo or AP reps and never include the markings? How many replica wheels are there and no one has an issue with?

Also, to claim you are going to die because of these is a bit extreme. If they are DOT approved insurance shouldn't be an issue either.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #179
streetpro
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: e92 335iA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will335i View Post
Decided to pull the trigger. Wish me luck.
How many replica wheels are there and no one has an issue with?
Replica wheels are in general very heavy and therefore they more or less deny the original purpose of LIGHTALLOY wheels... no free lunch here :-)
      06-10-2022, 08:56 AM   #180
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [1.00]
Ordered mine at the end of April and they showed up yesterday. The cardboard boxes are a little flimsy but between the high density foam and styrofoam everything was well packed and survived the trip.

Ordering process went smoothly and they even called me after I placed the order to confirm the vehicle and any customizations I wanted. These are the Brembo style calipers but as you can see I had them put the MSport logo on instead of the Brembo. I don't want anyone thinking I am going to try and pass these off as the real deal.

First impressions are great. I was surprised by how light the calipers felt for their size. The powdercoat looks good and I haven't noticed many flaws and I am really happy I went with the blue. They calipers ship "assembled" and I even saw grease on the sliding surfaces. I am waiting to get some Hawk HPS pads before I install these so I disassemble them and put on new grease.

I will update after I get them installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
feuer4275.50
      09-21-2022, 10:19 AM   #181
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [1.00]
UPDATE!

Time for a long overdue update on my brake kit. I took last Friday off for my birthday and finally got the brakes installed. One thing I did do was swap the pads it came with with Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 pads (HB582B.660 and HB193B.670). I installed one corner at a time and bled both sides of the caliper before moving to the next and checked thoroughly for leaks before putting the wheels back on. I only had two issues with the installation.

Issue one: I had one bleed port that was clogged but all I had to do was completely remove it blow some air through it and it was good to go.

Issues two: This was issue was 100% because of my set up but there was not enough clearance between the caliper and the wheel. This could have been solved by getting larger wheels but I was not ready to do that at this time. I do plan on getting APEX ARC-8s in the near future. I instead decided to have the mounting bracket machined to remove 3/16" and it gave me the clearance I needed.

So far I am really happy with the purchase and I get a nice consistent bite from the brake without feeling like its grabbing. I will try to remember to update again as I get more miles on them and some more aggressive driving time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Silnismo225.50
      10-12-2022, 10:08 PM   #182
thormessiah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will335i View Post
Time for a long overdue update on my brake kit. I took last Friday off for my birthday and finally got the brakes installed. One thing I did do was swap the pads it came with with Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 pads (HB582B.660 and HB193B.670). I installed one corner at a time and bled both sides of the caliper before moving to the next and checked thoroughly for leaks before putting the wheels back on. I only had two issues with the installation.

Issue one: I had one bleed port that was clogged but all I had to do was completely remove it blow some air through it and it was good to go.

Issues two: This was issue was 100% because of my set up but there was not enough clearance between the caliper and the wheel. This could have been solved by getting larger wheels but I was not ready to do that at this time. I do plan on getting APEX ARC-8s in the near future. I instead decided to have the mounting bracket machined to remove 3/16" and it gave me the clearance I needed.

So far I am really happy with the purchase and I get a nice consistent bite from the brake without feeling like its grabbing. I will try to remember to update again as I get more miles on them and some more aggressive driving time.
Were those hawk pads a direct fit for the front calipers? I'm looking to replace mine but not sure where to start
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 12:02 PM   #183
hotwired78
Lord
Rep
Drives: AW 09 E92 M3

more importantly, doesn't sound like anyone has experienced a brake failure with these kits yet right?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 01:16 PM   #184
mattanderson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired78 View Post
more importantly, doesn't sound like anyone has experienced a brake failure with these kits yet right?
Most importantly, is it worth the money and risk to do something purely cosmetic, that only a small handful of nerds would even notice?
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2023, 03:55 AM   #185
Crackerjack1000
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Update 4:
Installed the real deal Gt6 brembos about two months ago. Night and day difference to these. Brakes feel way better, pedal feel is great and the color of has a shade of black tint to them making the red a bit darker. Rather than super bright red. Still sticking with don't waste your time and money on the Dicase ones.

Update 3:
Brakes are trash. There is something wrong with either the actually caliper or the rotor because the rubbing sound has come back. I think as the pads have worn down the pistons aren't retracting all the way causing the pads to rub on the rotors while driving. Tried everything but nothing else seems to work.

Funny thing is I did reach out to Dicase and they did respond trying to (not) help. At the end they offered to sell me a new set of rotors which if it didn't solve the problem I'd be out of luck cause I doubt they would refund me. They also said the noise is air getting trapped in the grooves and it's totally normal which was complete BS.

Super bummed as they look amazing. Might pull the trigger on the real thing. Turner motorsports has the same kit but looking to be about $4800 just for the front. So some thinking to do just for looks - as I'll never use these brakes to their full potential.

In the end, guess I got a bad batch? But that'll be the risk you take with these as customer service is non existent. So before you drop $2k on these, remember you can make the newer M performance brakes work for this platform for about $500-1k more. At the end you'll have OEM + quality rather than Chinese knocks off.

Update 2:

Alright looks like everything is finally solved. Took Wills advice and purchased the Hawk 5.0 pads for the front and rear. Got them from amazon came out to around $300 for front and rear. Just installed the front and the annoying grinding noise is finally gone.

The brake bite on the Hawks is also much better compared to the pads the brakes came with.

If you want to get these I would just add in the cost of the Hawk pads on top of the over all cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1:

Around 750 miles brakes are meh. So far still having rubbing issues that came up on day one. Greased all the pads and pins to see if that would help and it did quiet a bit but the annoying sound is still there. Did also take it to my mechanic who remounted everything and checked it, he said everything fits fine but he's not sure why the pads are rubbing. Only thing I can think of is that the rotors are warped? -Causing that sound. His answer was that could be just cause they're Chinese brakes. He also recommended to put 1-2k miles on them hopefully sorting the rubbing problem.

Also now getting a clank sound at low speeds when parking which I can't figure out why its happening. Did reach out to the company for help and they've been helpful so far but at this rate, will most likely go back to stock brakes for now.

I did find we are now able to fit F series M brakes on our cars. There is a company that makes the brackets and everything else is OEM. Looks like cost wise as about another $1500 more than getting these which I find worth it. Especially knowing you have good quality parts.

I will say these things stop the car hard. Last night I slammed on them to see what they could do and it was amazing compared to stock. Lets see if they're savable

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so pulled the trigger and got these off of a friend who had purchased for his e90. Long story short he bought these after watching zeroto60s video and got them $2k shipped. Sold his car and never installed them and gave them to me for next to nothing.

Thought it was worth the shot as my brakes were ready to get replaced.

Fronts: 6 piston 355*32
Rears: 4 piston 345*28

Everything in the box was nicely packaged and looked great. Install on the front was very straight forward, just had to trim dust shields to fit front brackets.

Rears were a little bit trickier. had to install provided shims to align caliper correctly (took a couple of tries). Had to trim a lot of little areas on the dust shield to stop rubbing.

Bled the brakes with a power bleeder and finally just took it out on a drive. First thing I noticed was pedal feel was softer, which could be to air being in the system or the type of pads they provide, but nothing crazy. Went to bed in the brakes and wow they really do stop way better than oem under hard braking. Im going to take the car to my mechanic to re bleed the brakes to see if pedal feel will improve. Did also hear a bit of rubbing from the back which sounded like the dust shield. So more trimming tomorrow.

Overall it's a pretty straight forward swap. Only thing that wasn't so great is the paint quality. The paint chips easily so be very careful installing and taking wheels on/off. The rear brake lines were the same length as the front (they needed to be shorter) which I coiled a bit and put them out of the way with some zip ties. Let's see how long they last for a daily with some spirited driving in-between.

Will update again in a month or so to see how they're holding up.

Last edited by Crackerjack1000; 01-29-2024 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 2
whyzee1251659.00
      07-06-2023, 05:47 PM   #186
Öperator
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d & Tacoma

Slightly off topic as these aren't AliExpress. But this thread gave me the idea to try a Fella BBK. They are a Korean company (I wasn't brave enough to try the Chinese brand). I wanted 380 fronts, but the folks at Fella thought 370 were the safer option for my winter 18's. I don't track my car, so I can't give any feedback in that respect. Fit and finish have been great. And no issues up to this point. I get it that most people stick to OEM, Brembo, Stoptech, or Wilwood, so I'm just sharing that there is another option.

Rear 4pots

Front 6pots

Front Rotors

Excuse my dirty hub…..

Appreciate 2
      08-21-2023, 11:56 PM   #187
Crackerjack1000
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Bump with a update
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #188
BlueRidgeE91
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I E91, 1995 318I Sedan

Bump - I would like more info on the fella BBK
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 07:18 AM   #189
Öperator
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d & Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidgeE91 View Post
Bump - I would like more info on the fella BBK
What are you looking for? I’ll share what I can, but my car is totaled now.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 01:34 PM   #190
BlueRidgeE91
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I E91, 1995 318I Sedan

Where do you purchase them? How did they perform compared to stock? Any issues with fitment
Appreciate 0