E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 2013 335is keeps jumping timing after

09-22-2022, 06:48 PM   #1
Blzie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335is

2013 335is keeps jumping timing after

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and I havent had much experience owning a BMW. I bought my car this year. I have own a 2013 e92 335is N54. I was driving last week Friday morning and all of a sudden my car dashboard lights up. The car slowed down and put itself into park. I tried starting it back up but it doesnt want to start up. I scanned the car immediately and I got a few codes, but I am not sure what they mean. I did some research meanwhile it was being towed to the garage. But I am not a what 2A9A code is. The next day, the person at the garage told me that it jumped timing. So the first thing they did was to re-time the engine. They cleared the codes, the car started back up running fine. But when they turned it off it doesn't want to start back up. They scanned it again and the same code came back up. They checked the timing and it jumped again. So what they did next was they changed the tensioner, cam shaft sprockets, and checked to see if the crank hub bolt was loose (it wasnt). After doing all that they started back up the car again and it fired up. The same issue came back again when they turned off the car and it doesnt want to start back up. Then the timing jumped again. I am not sure whats happening but I find it strange that it keeps jumping timing. I really wasnt expecting this to happen to me I usually start up my car in the morning to warm up a little before I move off. But I havent heard any rattling when it starts up. If anyone here ask, I dont know how to do a donut or launch the car as yet. I mostly drive it on Sundays and its parked most of the time. I also recently serviced it last week too.

I am hoping someone here that can help me solve the problem. I am sorry for the long post everyone
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Failed VANOs adjusters maybe. Also make sure they are looking the adjusters when setting the timing.
Appreciate 0