E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Team MFactory LSD Problem, Video inside.

05-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #23
T1M
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW MY12 1M

Cant see any pics bud
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #24
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Purchased a mfactory LSD as part of a GB earlier this year. After months of waiting finally had my 2008 E92 booked in for mfactory LSD install. Pretty excited given the feedback about the change to the cars handling after this mod.

Unfortunately things quickly went sour, when my diff builder called to say the LSD wouldn't fit, with a 7 mm gap between the crown and pinion gears.

Diff is confirmed as a small bolted that should take a helical MF-TRS-05E46A
He posted me pics of the OEM open diff and the mfactory LSD (below)

My only guess is LSDs in the GB got mixed up and I was delivered the wrong diff??? Ride is now in bits and I am without car until I can get this sorted

Hoping someone can help confirm if this looks like the right diff and if there is a way the diff builder can modify it to fit.... he said something about creating a block and running longer bolts, not sure if this is recommended or not.... some advice would be appreciated
If you still require an LSD, I can have the correct one shipped to you, and you can just return the Plate LSD to our AU office.

Let me know
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #25
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's325ITS View Post
I finally got the diff installed in the car, I took it for a quick test drive and felt confident to drive my 335 to work yesterday.

At freeway speeds the car fells like stock, no noises or any binding of any kind. On city streets the car also feels normal, any uneven road surface feels like stock.

The big difference came when I did a hard pull from 5mph roll, I could feel and see the difference. As soon as I hit the accelerator the weigh transfers to the rear tires and the car takes off, the rear of the car stays loaded all thru 2nd and part of 3rd gear, no more throttle modulation is needed due to one wheel spinning.

After driving it in the turns I could say that this LSD gave my the confidence to take the 335 to an open track day, although I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a good sticky street tire, I still wonder how the car will behave with a competition DOT tire on track…..

So let’s split a corner in three segments: Deceleration, turn-in to apex, track-out.

Decel: During hard braking and downshifting the rear of the car feels very stable, planted, even when I do not heal/toe downshift the rear end behaves as expected.

Turn-In, Apex: As I turn in the rear end is still predictable and planted, at Apex is still very stable even if some maintenance throttle is used.

Track-Out: Wow coming out that’s where I felt most of the difference, I was able to gradually load the rear end with the throttle all the way to WOT, the car just comes out of the corners stronger that ever before. If I think back with the stock open unit, the car felt like it was hesitating, always struggling with the inside tire, and felt like the diff was robbing the performance of the car, car felt handicapped at corner exit.

I haven’t had a chance to see how the diff will behave under “drift” conditions; I’m hoping that during harsh throttle transitions the rear end stays predictable.
Yup diff makes a big difference, I don't know how people drive without one personally.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 12:20 AM   #26
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

I have a 2009 6MT. It has the welded differential. Do you guys install LSDs for customers as well since I'm in CA?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #27
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Our facility is only setup to do rebuilds. Due to zoning regulations, we're not allowed to work directly on the vehicles unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:17 AM   #28
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
UPDATE

Guys at Mfactory confirmed the LSD is a plate type for a M46 and had no hesitation in arranging a swap for the correct LSD for my E92

Amazing customer service from the MFactory team, that shows they really stand behind their products and value their customers !!

Other vendors should take a leaf out of the MFactory book, these guys set the benchmark for others to follow.. I for one are a huge fan as a result of this experience, get behind these guys they deserve it !!!

MFactory FTW
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 06:02 PM   #29
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
I have a 2009 6MT. It has the welded differential. Do you guys install LSDs for customers as well since I'm in CA?
Buy a complete unit from MFactory and have it installed by a local indy like StrasseSport in Covina or South Bay Independant in Gardena. That's what I ended up doing (installed at SBI).
      05-22-2019, 11:31 PM   #30
sehalfyard
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Wagon

M-Factory LSD in my E91 335i Wagon (AT)

Hi,

My M-Factory LSD (MF-TRS-05E46A) has just thrown 4 or 5 bolts into the mix and has damaged the Crown Wheel and Pinion.

I'm based in Adelaide, South Australia and just bought the car about 6 months ago from Melbourne (Victoria, Australia).

I have the receipt from 2014 for the MF-TRS-05E46A LSD (came from the Normanhurst location) and was wondering where in Australia I can send this for investigation and possible replacement? Back to Normanhurst?

Thanks M-Factory.

Scott
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #31
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehalfyard View Post
Hi,

My M-Factory LSD (MF-TRS-05E46A) has just thrown 4 or 5 bolts into the mix and has damaged the Crown Wheel and Pinion.

I'm based in Adelaide, South Australia and just bought the car about 6 months ago from Melbourne (Victoria, Australia).

I have the receipt from 2014 for the MF-TRS-05E46A LSD (came from the Normanhurst location) and was wondering where in Australia I can send this for investigation and possible replacement? Back to Normanhurst?

Thanks M-Factory.

Scott
Hey Scott

Brad went through same issue as you:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...factory&page=5

I believe he had diff inspected by mike grew from diff labs in QLD.

Is this your car?

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...light=mfactory
Appreciate 0