E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Potential problem with Proceed

08-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
ohfosho
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Potential problem with Proceed

I have a 08 335i with a Proceed Rev II installed since January. Everything has been just fine until around June. When I had the car on a cold-start I would have a yellow brake light on the dash come on and the DSC light (the one with the triangle and !) would come on and stay on.

Once I let the engine warm up I could turn off the car and turn it back on and \ both the lights would be gone. I eventually got tired of this and took it in the dealership after clearing the codes and taking out the proceed. Well the dealership checked it and couldn't replicate the problem and so I got it back.

Well its been a week since then and the lights haven't come back on so I'm worried that the lights are related to the Proceed, which I find confusing because it worked fine for 6 months before.

So does anyone has any suggestions? I would like to get this figured out before I re-install the proceed and have the lights come back on.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfosho View Post
I have a 08 335i with a Proceed Rev II installed since January. Everything has been just fine until around June. When I had the car on a cold-start I would have a yellow brake light on the dash come on and the DSC light (the one with the triangle and !) would come on and stay on.

Once I let the engine warm up I could turn off the car and turn it back on and \ both the lights would be gone. I eventually got tired of this and took it in the dealership after clearing the codes and taking out the proceed. Well the dealership checked it and couldn't replicate the problem and so I got it back.

Well its been a week since then and the lights haven't come back on so I'm worried that the lights are related to the Proceed, which I find confusing because it worked fine for 6 months before.

So does anyone has any suggestions? I would like to get this figured out before I re-install the proceed and have the lights come back on.
That warning light is unrelated to the PROcede. Re-install it and enjoy.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
ohfosho
United_States
Rep

Oh then why do the dash lights disappear once the proceed was out? Do you have a suggestion for what could have been causing them?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh then why do the dash lights disappear once the proceed was out? Do you have a suggestion for what could have been causing them?
When you uninstalled the PROcede, you killed power to the DME which can erase that code. Temporarily at least until the true underlying cause induces it again.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
ohfosho
United_States
Rep

Oh okay then do you recommend that I just leave out the Proceed until the lights come back on? Then take it back to the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh okay then do you recommend that I just leave out the Proceed until the lights come back on? Then take it back to the dealership?
Personally, I'd go ahead and put it back in. The presence of the PROcede wont make it any less or more likely to come back. You could be waiting a loong time for it to come back on by itself.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

"eventually got tired of this and took it in the dealership after clearing the codes and taking out the proceed. Well the dealership checked it and couldn't replicate the problem and so I got it back."

Next time don't clear this particular code before taking it in.
Appreciate 0