E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supercharger stuff (MILVs+AA+BPC)

05-26-2022, 05:37 PM   #1299
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Bad ass!
I'm waiting for my friend here to get things squared away with an e85 vendor before running the stuff… Got the injectors in, though. We're doing the Vargas n54 hub spline lock at the moment… Drove the car for the first time in months last week… Missed all of it 😄
Have m(any) n52 run into spun crank hubs?
It is suspected that I did — upon further investigation of the motor after I "blew it up" the crank hub was the only obvious issue! 👀 Maybe just bad luck. Maybe it wasn't torqued as it needed to be by the shop that did the initial motor swap… Shrug^2
      06-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #1300
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
Been a long silence from me but my car is at StageFP at the moment getting probably the final stage of power adders done. Today they made 400whp on 93, non-intercooled with the 3.4 inch pulley and MILVs at 7500rpm.

Can't wait to show you guys what they're about to do next with cooling and E85. Bob has some stuff up his sleeve and it sounds like it's going to be insane. Target power should be between 450 and 500. I'll keep you guys updated once it's done in the next week or so!
Any updates here brother? Great to see your progress…
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 01:12 AM   #1301
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have been thinking about sone more tweaking with ours but just been so good as it sits now for coming up on a year at latest power settings. We use it as daily and the horsepower makes the car w current upgrades very well balanced. I locked our redline to under 7k, and I think it's 6750 if I remember right, and although it Rob some horsepower up high it's still plenty strong and really wake up after 4K.
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      06-18-2022, 04:09 PM   #1302
Donethat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 10’ 328 Msport w/ESS huffer

Looking for advice on running line and electrical for Snow water meth system. I figure the reservoir will be mount in the trunk driver side rear wheel well, seems to be the most popular place. Also like to have the boost gauge/controller in the glovebox. Any info or suggestions on easiest paths to run wires and plumbing and boost line would be greatly appreciated. Kit is Snow2.5 with Braided lines w/solenoid. Thanks again.
      07-19-2022, 02:25 AM   #1303
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
Any updates here brother? Great to see your progress…
I do owe you guys an update! I've posted the results and pictures in quite a few other places. Facebook groups, Reddit, Instagram, but I've neglected the forums where people need this knowledge the most!

The last you guys saw of me was probably when the 3 stage blew up in the drive-thru. After that, I went to the N54 manifold for a while until I decided I wanted something more permanent and more efficient than the meth injection. I approached StageFP with hopes of building an intercooler setup for the ESS supercharger, and they agreed to the job. Bob gave me a call after reviewing the options and hit me with the inside scoop. They had some CAD files for a project they had been working on, an air to water intercooler/intake manifold for the N52. Bob wanted to know if I would be willing to let them use my car for R&D for their new manifold that they intend to sell to customers in the future, so obviously like any sane person I agreed to let them do this.

The intercooler has its own coolant separate from the engine with its own reservoir and a Bosch pump that keeps the system flowing. The main heat exchanger was made by Bell Intercoolers and despite being a massive unit, it's a very stealthy install in the typical FMIC location. Intake air temperatures stabilize between 10-12 degrees above ambient even on 90+ degree days.

During this trip to StageFP, they also installed the larger Bosch 997 GT2 injectors to replace the S65 injectors, an OEM Dodge Hellcat fuel pump with a heat sink and fan on the EKP module just in case it were to overheat. With the MILVS, the redline is currently set at 7500rpms and that is just about where peak power is made. It is currently tuned on E85 and I will include the dyno graph below.

At this point, when he tried to push closer to 500, the original stock clutch began to slip on the dyno. Not bad for a 98k mile clutch to hold so much power! Once we upgrade the clutch, I'll be back for more! It still blows my mind that this can be a perfectly normal and reliable daily-drivable car even as we keep increasing the power. I suspect we'll run into issues eventually but we'll keep our fingers crossed that the smooth sailing continues! N52 really is such a great motor.

Appreciate 11
Biginboca3760.50
AmuroRay2263.00
ornicar134.50
houbmw65.50
Noir883.00
Drine6.00
Torgus3781.50
Phyrexia502.50
      07-19-2022, 08:34 AM   #1304
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

WOW
      07-19-2022, 08:18 PM   #1305
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Bad ass — happy to see more info in here.
I'm a day late and a dollar short it seems for that sick manifold.

We are just finishing up the 93 tune and then on to an e85 tune now that I have access to a great e85 source.

For whatever reason my car kept jumping timing… couldn't tell you why. Maybe its the lightweight flywheel … maybe it is the flywheel and 3.91 LSD together… Who knows.

If any of y'all happen to run into this issue, the n54 crankhub fix from Vargas indeed works on our platform. 🙂

What size pulley are you equipped with at the moment Minutes2Midnight ?

Sizing down to the 91.44mm pulley and I can finally hear the blower do its thing! In love.
Attached Images

07-21-2022, 10:33 AM   #1306
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
I do owe you guys an update! I've posted the results and pictures in quite a few other places. Facebook groups, Reddit, Instagram, but I've neglected the forums where people need this knowledge the most!

The last you guys saw of me was probably when the 3 stage blew up in the drive-thru. After that, I went to the N54 manifold for a while until I decided I wanted something more permanent and more efficient than the meth injection. I approached StageFP with hopes of building an intercooler setup for the ESS supercharger, and they agreed to the job. Bob gave me a call after reviewing the options and hit me with the inside scoop. They had some CAD files for a project they had been working on, an air to water intercooler/intake manifold for the N52. Bob wanted to know if I would be willing to let them use my car for R&D for their new manifold that they intend to sell to customers in the future, so obviously like any sane person I agreed to let them do this.

The intercooler has its own coolant separate from the engine with its own reservoir and a Bosch pump that keeps the system flowing. The main heat exchanger was made by Bell Intercoolers and despite being a massive unit, it's a very stealthy install in the typical FMIC location. Intake air temperatures stabilize between 10-12 degrees above ambient even on 90+ degree days.

During this trip to StageFP, they also installed the larger Bosch 997 GT2 injectors to replace the S65 injectors, an OEM Dodge Hellcat fuel pump with a heat sink and fan on the EKP module just in case it were to overheat. With the MILVS, the redline is currently set at 7500rpms and that is just about where peak power is made. It is currently tuned on E85 and I will include the dyno graph below.

At this point, when he tried to push closer to 500, the original stock clutch began to slip on the dyno. Not bad for a 98k mile clutch to hold so much power! Once we upgrade the clutch, I'll be back for more! It still blows my mind that this can be a perfectly normal and reliable daily-drivable car even as we keep increasing the power. I suspect we'll run into issues eventually but we'll keep our fingers crossed that the smooth sailing continues! N52 really is such a great motor.

How is fuel consumption? Can it run on straight pump?

Do you have a higher final drive, the stock gears are pretty long.
      08-12-2022, 05:47 PM   #1307
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Got my car going again!

TC Kline + m3 bits + these forged wheels from apex… that alone makes it feel like a new car.

The N54 manifold is where its at for this setup (aside from the sick intercooled one above… hoping to hop on that wagon when it presents itself). Get to keep going all the way to redline.

Still on 93 for the time being — my local Indy/good friend just became a dealer for some stellar e85 and other various options.

Got the same injectors as above … but I guess I'm just waiting for that manifold to warrant paying for tune services once more. But at least I'm covered with a good connection on good fuel, when the time comes.

Never chirped tires until the other day. :
Attached Images

Biginboca3760.50
Donethat339.00
Torgus3781.50
      09-10-2022, 02:18 PM   #1308
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Any news guys??? Want to read about your sweet and improved rides!

Mine been rolling well, no hiccups last 1-2 years, just a set of new plugs. Also, haven't really had the urge to play with it more, except driving, 400 whp feel perfect as it sits w current chassis, suspension, and brakes etc. I have rev limit still capped at 6.75k to not be too hard on it, and could in theory bump that with a significant increase in power etc!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 05:44 PM   #1309
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Mine been rolling well, no hiccups last 1-2 years, just a set of new plugs. Also, haven't really had the urge to play with it more, except driving, 400 whp feel perfect as it sits w current chassis, suspension, and brakes etc. I have rev limit capped at 6.75k to not be too hard on it, and could in tries bump that and increase power etc.
Probably going to be hitting up RPD soon to see if they are comfortable doing the rest of the tuning.
Unsatisfactory wait times from _______, in my experience. I get being busy as a performance shop — but I've been waiting for about 2.5 weeks to receive correspondence on just WHAT to data log. I still look forward to that manifold work from them. Just cannot stand being on the back burner when I've already paid upfront. Not a bash or whatever - it is purely what I have experienced. Car is fun — tune is rough … could be better. Wish me luck.
      09-11-2022, 06:14 PM   #1310
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Mine been rolling well, no hiccups last 1-2 years, just a set of new plugs. Also, haven't really had the urge to play with it more, except driving, 400 whp feel perfect as it sits w current chassis, suspension, and brakes etc. I have rev limit capped at 6.75k to not be too hard on it, and could in tries bump that and increase power etc.
Probably going to be hitting up RPD soon to see if they are comfortable doing the rest of the tuning.
Unsatisfactory wait times from _______, in my experience. I get being busy as a performance shop — but I've been waiting for about 2.5 weeks to receive correspondence on just WHAT to data log. I still look forward to that manifold work from them. Just cannot stand being on the back burner when I've already paid upfront. Not a bash or whatever - it is purely what I have experienced. Car is fun — tune is rough … could be better. Wish me luck.
Surely no problem for them, they are pretty comfortable with most tuning/fabrication. Only concern would be that they can't dyno tune it as easily "remotely" when you are not local, or maybe he can? However, owner is a former computer programmer so with so exchange of logs you should be good.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 09:10 PM   #1311
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Surely no problem for them, they are pretty comfortable with most tuning/fabrication. Only concern would be that they can't dyno tune it as easily "remotely" when you are not local, or maybe he can? However, owner is a former computer programmer so with so exchange of logs you should be good.
Probably the good ol' send what I got + logs and we play ball until it is squared away… Got a second set of hands to help me log a bit more accurately, too. When I reached out to them before they were swell to talk to, as well. I wish I could be dyno tuned but happy to get what I can.

Honestly, my car sounds like it has a mild cam at the moment
      09-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #1312
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

Have you tried doing hot laps in your car with the water meth system? If so any issues with temps?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 05:05 PM   #1313
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytro98 View Post
Have you tried doing hot laps in your car with the water meth system? If so any issues with temps?
No but I've ran it in this Texas heat… 😂
4 Doors1169.00
Torgus3781.50
      10-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #1314
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump… any news to share, you guys still running your charger setups?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 12:01 AM   #1315
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bump… any news to share, you guys still running your charger setups?
Just a broke boi waiting for moar cheese to push forward
      10-29-2022, 10:37 AM   #1316
Igor.v_a
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, ESS Supercharger

Hello. I bought the N52 ESS Supercharger gen3 and wanted to ask you a few questions. I don't like ESS software. From whom do you advise to buy firmware ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 10:04 PM   #1317
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor.v_a View Post
Hello. I bought the N52 ESS Supercharger gen3 and wanted to ask you a few questions. I don't like ESS software. From whom do you advise to buy firmware ?
22rpd
      11-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #1318
Igor.v_a
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, ESS Supercharger

Quote:
22rpd
22 rpd , did they set up the car for you remotely ? How many millimeters do you have a pulley? What was the power after setting up 22rpd?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 04:38 PM   #1319
Zajac11
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 & e92

That manifold looks sick !
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 07:56 AM   #1320
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep