E90Post
 


Coby Wheel
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > DYI: Easiest way to get 1b file and generate FSC codes for CIC navi map update



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2018, 06:02 AM   #23
portalseo
New Member
88
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Z4 E89
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod Heath View Post
Damn just worked out the usb not picking up the maps, the usb is loaded with cic maps not nbt.

Are there any nbt map download links available?
As correctly pointed out above by user Opjose pulling the 1b file via usb stick is limited to cars equipped with a CIC unit and since you have an NBT navigation unit you'll have to follow a different approach (that is you want to get your "DE" file as opposed to 1b which is for CIC units only).

Try getting an enet cable (shouldn't cost more than 15 USD on ebay) and install E-sys which is freely available on the internet.

Once installed launch E-sys making sure you're connected to the F20 (not F20_Direct) via your VIN and then in the left hand vertical menu select the option "FSC Extended"

In the Parameter section enter:

1. Diagnostic Address (hex) = 0x63
2. Click on the Identify button and the Base variant HU_NBT will be populated
3. Application ID for NBT= 0xDE
4. Upgrade Index = 0x1

In the Action section

5. Select Store FSC and move from left to the right
6. Click on the Read button
7. Click Save and name the file in the following format XXXXXXX.fsc where XXXXXXX represents the last seven letters/numbers of your VIN (or your donor NBT vin if you have retrofitted the NBT.)
8. Disconnect e-sys from your car.

------------

Now you can use an FSC generator to generate your fsc code and attached below you'll find the latest map version for NBT Europe which is 2018-1 (I'm assuming you're from Europe based on your provided location).
Attached Files
File Type: zip BMW ROAD MAP EUROPE NBT-NEXT 2018-1.zip (58.3 KB, 621 views)

Last edited by portalseo; 02-04-2018 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: attachment
Appreciate 4
      02-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
Hotrod Heath
New Member
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 520i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Portalseo,

Fab post which totally explains everything I need to know. Really appreciate it matey.

Off to ebay for the lead. PS thanks for the link too.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #25
portalseo
New Member
88
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Z4 E89
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod Heath View Post
Thanks Portalseo,

Fab post which totally explains everything I need to know. Really appreciate it matey.

Off to ebay for the lead. PS thanks for the link too.
np and glad I could help .

btw there's an even cheaper solution. Instead of an enet cable you could also opt for an obd/ethernet adapter which is even cheaper

Cheapest one from china:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/E-SYS-ICOM-C...53.m2749.l2649

From UK based seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-BMW-C...IAAOSwa-dWo~0G

Both solutions (enet cable/obd adapter) work the same way and allow you to use E-sys for your F-series car.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #26
Johnny Boost
Colonel
293
Rep
2,025
Posts

Drives: '11 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: TBD

iTrader: (0)

This is great! Any plans to expand this to cover DE files?
__________________
WedgePerformance E40 MHD | Performance Exhaust Mod | BMS DP | Vibrant 1790 | BMS Intake | VRSF CP | xHP Stage 3
Michelin PSS | M3 Control Arms
LUX v4 LEDs | Shadowline Grills | Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #27
Sleeperrunning
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bangkok

iTrader: (0)

Anyone can guide me to South East Asia Map?
I found one here

https://gpsunderground.com/forum/for...a-premium-2018

But the torrent has no peer...
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 04:50 AM   #28
hsm74
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw e90 3.20i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: turkey

iTrader: (0)

Hello there. I am writing from Turkey. vehicle 2006 model e90 3.20i. I made the tool retrofit CIC afterwards. I got my 1b file from my cab. but the map code I created with this program does not accept the medium. I am using 2017 turkey premium map right now. 2018 PREMIUM TURKEY does not accept the code tool for the map..you will be a helper?1b file submitted
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1b file.zip (863 Bytes, 684 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #29
Sleeperrunning
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bangkok

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm74 View Post
Hello there. I am writing from Turkey. vehicle 2006 model e90 3.20i. I made the tool retrofit CIC afterwards. I got my 1b file from my cab. but the map code I created with this program does not accept the medium. I am using 2017 turkey premium map right now. 2018 PREMIUM TURKEY does not accept the code tool for the map..you will be a helper?1b file submitted
hi hsm,
did you change the lookup file to be your new map?
if not change it and try again.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #30
hsm74
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw e90 3.20i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperrunning View Post
hi hsm,
did you change the lookup file to be your new map?
if not change it and try again.
yes i tried. I even downloaded another country map. I tried the FCS code accordingly. but he does not accept anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #31
Sleeperrunning
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bangkok

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm74 View Post
yes i tried. I even downloaded another country map. I tried the FCS code accordingly. but he does not accept anything.
change both year parameter and map file name?

eg.Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2009-2" SWID_FscShort="00280000" id="NAVD_000004CE_255_000_089">

you have to change both red colors.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:54 AM   #32
hsm74
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw e90 3.20i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperrunning View Post
change both year parameter and map file name?

eg.Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2009-2" SWID_FscShort="00280000" id="NAVD_000004CE_255_000_089">

you have to change both red colors.

I do not know how to do this. I just read the 1b file. I entered the resulting code into CIC. do you have a forum you can recommend to me?

Yada gives you the corresponding 1b file; do you order my 1b.hex file for turkey 2018-1 map for me?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:56 AM   #33
hsm74
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw e90 3.20i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: turkey

iTrader: (0)

Can you make a slide telling me how to do it? 1b file is exported
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1b.zip (833 Bytes, 3946 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 06:25 AM   #34
Sleeperrunning
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bangkok

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsm74 View Post
Can you make a slide telling me how to do it? 1b file is exported
You will need to know what exactly your NAVD file name and change it in the lookup file via notepad
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #35
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
197
Rep
1,208
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

He uses an emulator and scripting for activation.

I think the answers you are giving him are for a stock setup.

He will need a new activation script.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #36
hsm74
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: bmw e90 3.20i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
He uses an emulator and scripting for activation.

I think the answers you are giving him are for a stock setup.

He will need a new activation script.
I have no idea how I can do this, I downloaded dr gini, I read fsc with dr gini, but did not accept the code again.

I downloaded Fstoll; but I could not connect by car. and the program is very complicated. I'm afraid of crashing the car

I am about to go crazy : Confused0068:
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #37
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
197
Rep
1,208
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

Dr. Gini works off your car's original files. it does not understand script activations.

You have an emulator and script activation, so you may have to use a new script to activate the new maps.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #38
borisivan
craptastic
borisivan's Avatar
15
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2010 335xi
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: hell in a handbasket

iTrader: (0)

usb root directory question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
The torrent is working. It works just like all the previous times I've updated my nav. The 4 usb sticks is really not a problem because the NA maps are a huge amount of info to download and upload. I use winRAR and all you need to do is extract part 1 and it will automatically pull all the downloaded zips into one folder containing the four sub folders, 1-4, that you move to the root of your four flash drives. Or you can just use two and reload them while the car is uploading the other one.

Great job with this. If you have a E series, there's no need to ever pay to have your maps updated again.
I was able to pull the hex code from the glove box and then generated a key, but can't get the car to recognize the download to proceed. I used the same USB stick that successfully pulled the 1b.hex.

I uncompressed the .rar archive to my computer and it generated the following structure:

NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01 (through 04).

You mention putting the subfolder in the root of the usb stick, so I copied USB_DVD_01 and put it in the root of the stick. But then putting the stick in the car and turning on the ignition didn't result in anything after 5 minutes.

I wonder if I need to extract directly onto a USB itself so it will put the volume ID on the USB stick, or maybe I should have also included the folder
NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178, instead of only moving over USB_DVD_01? For example, my USB stick in my computer is F:\USB_DVD_01, not F:\NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01.

I'll try NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01 first (instead of just USB_DVD_01), as that should be easy to try. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Or maybe I should skip the USB_DVD_01 folder entirely, and only put the contents of that folder into the root directory of the USB stick, without even having any folder there at all? Maybe I'll try that one next.

Thanks!

[update: copying the contents of the "USB+DVD_01" subfolder did the trick. No "USB_DVD_01" folder, or "NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178" folder should be on the stick. I think there was a pkgdb folder, so that gets copied, but that folder will be in the root of the usb. Not "USB_DVD_0x". On stick # 2 now, looks like it's moving along. Will update if there is a problem, otherwise... instructions work!]

Last edited by borisivan; 02-18-2018 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 02:49 PM   #39
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
LMB335IS's Avatar
United_States
1165
Rep
2,713
Posts

Drives: 2013 LMB 335is
Join Date: May 2008
Location: FOB FL

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [4.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisivan View Post
I was able to pull the hex code from the glove box and then generated a key, but can't get the car to recognize the download to proceed. I used the same USB stick that successfully pulled the 1b.hex.

I uncompressed the .rar archive to my computer and it generated the following structure:

NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01 (through 04).

You mention putting the subfolder in the root of the usb stick, so I copied USB_DVD_01 and put it in the root of the stick. But then putting the stick in the car and turning on the ignition didn't result in anything after 5 minutes.

I wonder if I need to extract directly onto a USB itself so it will put the volume ID on the USB stick, or maybe I should have also included the folder
NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178, instead of only moving over USB_DVD_01? For example, my USB stick in my computer is F:\USB_DVD_01, not F:\NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01.

I'll try NAVD_000004D3_255_003_178\USB_DVD_01 first (instead of just USB_DVD_01), as that should be easy to try. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Or maybe I should skip the USB_DVD_01 folder entirely, and only put the contents of that folder into the root directory of the USB stick, without even having any folder there at all? Maybe I'll try that one next.

Thanks!
Just move the contents of each of the folders 1-4 to the root of your USBs, the pkgdb folder and the config.nfm.
__________________

335is/DCT-M3 GTS software-M3 drivetrain-M3 GWS-KOMBI-DSC-SZL/MHD/BQ Tuning IG@ClustersandCoding
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #40
Superastro
///
Superastro's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

I must be an idiot, because I believe I've followed the instructions, but I can't even get my hex file. I downloaded 1b.zip. There are only two files in there - copie_scr.sh and the instructions. I placed copie_scr.sh onto three different thumbdrives, started the car's nav system, stuck each of the usb sticks into the glovebox usb port, waited anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute, pulled it out, checked it on my laptop, and nothing.

What's my problem?

Last edited by Superastro; 03-03-2018 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #41
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
197
Rep
1,208
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

What car, what year, what NAVI, what VIN?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #42
Superastro
///
Superastro's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
What car, what year, what NAVI, what VIN?
'13 335is
Nav Version 112144.2.14 Road Map NA Premium 2016-1
WBAKG1C51DJ217359
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #43
opjose
Major
opjose's Avatar
197
Rep
1,208
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Md

iTrader: (0)

You have Navi Pro.

This is for CIC equipped cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #44
Superastro
///
Superastro's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Not sure what that means. Is that the same as "NBT"? Cause I'm pretty sure I have the same car as LMB335is. Mine's even the same color as his
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cic and idrive, cic code, fsc code

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST