Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Alzor 030 M3 ZCP-style wheel review

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Hopefully this is allowed as I do not have an E9X; instead I have an F22. However, the E9X crew seems to be the group that had the most activity on these wheels. I am so impressed by what I received that I felt the need to make a more in depth write up and answer any questions you might have.

I wasn't happy with my OEM wheels so I searched until I came across a thread that reminded me about the 359M wheels. The more I thought about it, the more I loved how timeless the design is, but they were too wide to install without severely poking out. I had three major "needs" when it came to installing new wheels:

1. Needs to be VIA and JWL certified. This essentially means it passes dynamic cornering fatigue test, dynamic radial fatigue test, and impact tests to ensure it is as safe to use as OEM.
2. Needs to not poke outside the wheel well. My philosophy is that if the car looks like it *may* have come from the factory that way, it is a successful mod. Wheels poking out the wheel well do not look OEM. I wanted them as flush as possible without poke.
3. Needs to fit OEM tires. I think 18" wheels look best on the F22 chassis (I prefer them over 19") and I wanted to retain the handling characteristics of the OEM staggered fitment. You can debate me on that if you'd like but my decision on that one won't change. I wanted 225 tires in the front and 245 tires in the rear so I decided to do an 18x8" ET35 square setup.

I decided on Alzor 030 wheels after hours of research. I got them for only about $700 shipped. They are cast aluminum, of course, and are ECS Tuning's "generic" brand. Alzor makes a lot of replicas of OEM BMW / Audi designs in various sizes.

Ordered some OEM BMW center cap emblems that actually fit over the Alzor center caps and attach via adhesive (EDIT: DON'T DO THIS. Keep your OEM 68mm center caps. The Alzor caps are junk and don't fit with the emblems in ECS' FAQ.) Ordered some M emblems from a no-name brand on Amazon that had high reviews. They came with quality 3M tape on the back and look exactly like OEM from the front.

All-in-all, it was about $660 in parts and about $100 in shipping.

Finish was nearly perfect. I found 1-3 small pieces of dust below the paint but zero chips. I've seen dust under paint on OEM wheels as well. They come with foam wrap on the face, then an elastic cover, then a plastic rim protector, then cardboard, then the actual cardboard box, then another cardboard box that holds a package of two wheels.

Ride quality is as good as OEM. My original wheels had some bends repaired because the 436M wheels are very soft metal. I think the brand new wheels actually ride smoother than my old wheels did. They balanced easily with Michelin tires.

The rear wheels have ever so slight poke, sadly, but you have to get down low and look for it. Happy enough with that for the price.
Attached Images

07-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #2
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Thanks so much for this review, you actually helped me out a lot. I just picked up my first 335 - an '09 sedan. The wheel situation is not great on this car. The previous owner put 18x9.5 +19mm wheels on it, and it is rubbing in the rear. I want to go to a less-aggressive wheel that's better for daily driving. These wheels look great, and are an inexpensive way to get a more factory look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
Ordered some OEM BMW center cap emblems that actually fit over the Alzor center caps and attach via adhesive. Ordered some M emblems from a no-name brand on Amazon that had high reviews. They came with quality 3M tape on the back and look exactly like OEM from the front.
I'm curious which center cap stickers you went with, could you post a link? I asked ECS what the diameter of their center caps were, and they replied with "I don't know" 🙄
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey_n54 View Post
Thanks so much for this review, you actually helped me out a lot. I just picked up my first 335 - an '09 sedan. The wheel situation is not great on this car. The previous owner put 18x9.5 +19mm wheels on it, and it is rubbing in the rear. I want to go to a less-aggressive wheel that's better for daily driving. These wheels look great, and are an inexpensive way to get a more factory look.

Quote:
Ordered some OEM BMW center cap emblems that actually fit over the Alzor center caps and attach via adhesive. Ordered some M emblems from a no-name brand on Amazon that had high reviews. They came with quality 3M tape on the back and look exactly like OEM from the front.
I'm curious which center cap stickers you went with, could you post a link? I asked ECS what the diameter of their center caps were, and they replied with "I don't know" 🙄
Hey!

I ordered these decals. They are OEM and made of metal with some string tape on the back.

BMW Wheel Center Cap Emblems (4) OEM 64.5mm E46 E60 E90 E92; 36136767550 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JW4747C..._4dXhFbYC7J31W

HOWEVER, I am trying to find a measuring caliper that will work well without damaging the wheel because the ones I have are too large. I want to replace the center cap with a different one if possible.

The decals are lifting a bit on the edges because the curvature of the alzor cap does not exactly match the curvature of the BMW emblem. Due to the metal construction, it won't stay stuck down on the edges. It still seems stuck on pretty well at the center though. I did send ECS an email about this issue as their FAQ recommends these exact caps.
Attached Images

07-27-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks so much! I might give those a shot.

On their site, they sell replacement Alzor caps that are 64mm.

I looked around a bit to see if there are any aftermarket BMW 64mm center caps, but don't see anything.

Maybe using a stronger adhesive, like 3M adhesive spray would allow them to stick down to the edges of the center cap?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much! I might give those a shot.

On their site, they sell replacement Alzor caps that are 64mm.

I looked around a bit to see if there are any aftermarket BMW 64mm center caps, but don't see anything.

Maybe using a stronger adhesive, like 3M adhesive spray would allow them to stick down to the edges of the center cap?
I was thinking about waiting until they started to show signs of loosening, then taking them off, scraping off the tape with a plastic razor blade, and sticking them back in with some sort of thick, gummy adhesive to fill the slight gap between the emblem and center cap.

The actual center caps on the Alzor wheels are at least a few mm wider than the BMW emblem. You can kind of tell in this pic.
Attached Images

07-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #6
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep

I see. It would be cool to get a caliper gauge down in the wheel like you said, because there are a lot of options for 64.5mm BMW center caps. Those might just fit right into the wheel and you could throw out the Alzor ones altogether when the time comes.

I'm going to pull the trigger on a set and I'll report back.
Appreciate 1
BrettKA7566.50
      07-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #7
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I see. It would be cool to get a caliper gauge down in the wheel like you said, because there are a lot of options for 64.5mm BMW center caps. Those might just fit right into the wheel and you could throw out the Alzor ones altogether when the time comes.

I'm going to pull the trigger on a set and I'll report back.
I want to pull a center cap out and measure the center cap because the concaveness is too aggressive to fit a measuring caliper in the groove. I don't want to accidentally pull off or destroy the BMW center cap decal though so I think I'll need to take the whole wheel off and my current floor jack isn't low profile enough for my F22.
      07-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ah yes, makes sense. Sounds good, I will report back on here with measurements too once I receive my set before they go on the car. 👍
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #9
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ah yes, makes sense. Sounds good, I will report back on here with measurements too once I receive my set before they go on the car. 👍
Ok I just went down to my car and measured again. Got exactly 68mm side to side. Triple checked to confirm 67mm was too small and 69mm was too large. Definitely 68mm in my wheel.

Edit: I wish I still had my OEM wheels... it looks like the center caps may have fit perfectly

Edit 2: Just ordered some cheap replacements on Amazon. Hopefully the quality is decent. If not I'll source some OEM ones locally.
      07-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok I just went down to my car and measured again. Got exactly 68mm side to side. Triple checked to confirm 67mm was too small and 69mm was too large. Definitely 68mm in my wheel.

Edit: I wish I still had my OEM wheels... it looks like the center caps may have fit perfectly
Oh dang, that is good to know! Thankfully, OE center caps aren't too hard to come by.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 06:04 PM   #11
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh dang, that is good to know! Thankfully, OE center caps aren't too hard to come by.
Here's Alzor's caps vs. OEM. OEM is clearly superior by a wide margin. Really wish I didn't waste money on these Alzor caps lol...

Don't mind the dust. I ended up drilling the Alzor caps out because I didn't want to risk chipping the wheels with a pry tool.
Attached Images

08-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
spacey_n54
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Here's Alzor's caps vs. OEM. OEM is clearly superior by a wide margin. Really wish I didn't waste money on these Alzor caps lol...
My man, those look amazing! I just got my wheels today... I will be ordering center caps now. So you just went with 68mm OE BMW caps, correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #13
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My man, those look amazing! I just got my wheels today... I will be ordering center caps now. So you just went with 68mm OE BMW caps, correct?
Correct, these caps came off a BMW 6-Series but any 68mm OEM cap should work
      08-13-2020, 01:29 AM   #14
rbg
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks for the review! Are those matte black?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #15
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg View Post
Thanks for the review! Are those matte black?
Alzor calls them matte but they are definitely more of a satin finish.
      07-22-2023, 07:41 PM   #16
ajy621
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 N55

Can someone help me with what size wheel spacers I need. Today I got Alzor 030 18x8 squared rims installed. They are too sunk in the wheel well and the stance does not look right. Previously I had the oem 2011 335i e90 M sport rims on that were staggered and they fit perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 10:38 PM   #17
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

the rf tire is rotating in the wrong direction, oe specs vs current to find the spacer you need

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator
Appreciate 0