Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Advice Needed: 19in Wheels + Tires for 2009 E93

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
lc_socal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 330i Convertible

Question Advice Needed: 19in Wheels + Tires for 2009 E93

Hoping to get some advice on my tire/wheel situation.

I purchased a used 2009 335i Convertible w Sport Package 4 months ago from a used-car dealer.

The tires on the car are Run-Flat Bridgestone Potenzas
Front: 225 35 R 19 - 88Y
Rear: 255 30 R 19 - 91Y

My Rear (passenger side) tire popped in the first month. The dealer covered the cost and put on a new Pirelli tire (same specs)

2 months later, the rear-drivers side popped.

Both times the tire "popped" I was starting a right turn, with barely any speed, and BANG, sounded like a gun shot.

I live in LA and yes there are tons of pot holes, but I am cautious and do not drive aggressively enough to warrant popping 2 tires in 3.5 months. I'm looking for advice on the best route to take to ensure I'm not buying tires every other month.

Option 1. buy 1 run flat needed, get tire installed and full alignment
(someone suggested an alignment issue could be the source.)

Option 2. Replace all 4 tires with Non-Run Flats.

If I go with Option #2, do I keep the 19s? or should I consider 18' wheels + tires
- Is there any benefit to replacing the 19s with 18s in terms of wear + tear and performance? Initially I thought the 19s might have been the source of the problem - that's the only reason I considered the 18s.

Photo of inside door panel attached for reference.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 11:50 PM   #2
E93Beast
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93

Replace with non run flats and good to go.
I have had zero issues. Just get good quality tires.
Appreciate 0