E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N55 E92 Oil burning? Say "OK" after 3k miles

07-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Dinocrest
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Thumbs up N55 E92 Oil burning? Say "OK" after 3k miles

Hello! My first post I just bought my '13 E92 335i 88k miles from the dealer 2 months ago and today I checked my oil on the Idrive. When I got the car it read "MAX" but now it reads "OK". This is my first car I'm not all too mechanicly inclined but I am here to learn but I just want to make sure that this is normal. the prev owner looks to of followed BMW's oil change intervals.

If im reading this right it looks as if the car has burnt 1 quart of oil in 3k miles. To me it sounds a bit much but I just wanna make sure. I dont see any leaks but I need to take my undertray off and see if its leaking onto that.

Thank you and its nice to meet y'all!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
YuvinW
Rep
Drives: E70 x35i

I believe that the scale on the oil reading from the oil level sensor is just 1 quart. If it gets to the minimum mark, it asks to add +1 quart. So, you have only really lost 0.5 of a quart and it's nothing to be worried about. You can top it up with half a quart if you'd like
Appreciate 0