E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Hybrid Turbo options and comparisons



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #529
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
53
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: '10 X5 3.5D
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsleeper View Post
I'll post more over the next few weeks as things start to progress.
can't wait!
what turbos/parts are these?
__________________
StockX5
DUDMD stage 2 tune
Deleted
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #530
335dsleeper
Banned
356
Rep
1,633
Posts

Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Suffolk, va

iTrader: (0)

What do you mean?

It started as a stock LP turbo. Has been extensively modified, fitted with much larger wheels and a modified k26 precision turbo turbine housing.

This is not a bolt on turbo... I need to adapt the K26 to the turbine bypass valve and the ported exhaust manifold. Iím hoping to have most everything ready for photos in the next 2-3 weeks.

The intent of this turbo build was to support 100hp over my hybrid turbo set up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
can't wait!
what turbos/parts are these?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 02:42 AM   #531
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
53
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: '10 X5 3.5D
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsleeper View Post
What do you mean?

It started as a stock LP turbo. Has been extensively modified, fitted with much larger wheels and a modified k26 precision turbo turbine housing.

This is not a bolt on turbo... I need to adapt the K26 to the turbine bypass valve and the ported exhaust manifold. Iím hoping to have most everything ready for photos in the next 2-3 weeks.

The intent of this turbo build was to support 100hp over my hybrid turbo set up.
for reference..what turbine hosing do the hybrids from pro turbos come with?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #532
335dsleeper
Banned
356
Rep
1,633
Posts

Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Suffolk, va

iTrader: (0)

No idea what proturbo is using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
for reference..what turbine hosing do the hybrids from pro turbos come with?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #533
moejav
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Independence KY

iTrader: (0)

Current JR 2.8 Tune - Looking for more...

Currently I have a stepped up intercooler, all deletes have been done, exhaust, etc... as well as the JR 2.8 tune... looking at perhaps going to Stage 4.1 with the hybrid turbo setup or perhaps another setup... interested in seeing how things move forward with your builds...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #534
moejav
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Independence KY

iTrader: (0)

New member??

Did they reset everything? I've been a member for quite sometime although haven't posted a lot...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #535
dmanb2b
Captain
dmanb2b's Avatar
178
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejav View Post
Did they reset everything? I've been a member for quite sometime although haven't posted a lot...
New member is a classification until you reach a certain number of posts
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #536
Brabus388
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Bmw 850i, mercedes e500
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Indonesia

iTrader: (0)

Hi tuikku
Do you happen to have extra om648 turbo manifold? Gen 1 or gen 2 wouldnt be a problem
Thank yoi
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 11:37 PM   #537
tuikku
Private First Class
51
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2x BMW E92 335d
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

.
+600hp from back wheels
Lots of mods in engine, smaller turbo still orig, bigger from Proturbo Fin.
With diesel only.

~500hp from orig engine max level, with diesel.
More => needs trully working mods in engine.





Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #538
tuikku
Private First Class
51
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2x BMW E92 335d
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

.
My cars
Racer and black in my own use. (only Summer Sundays, nice weather...)
Black is going to have the same engine, as racer + wather/meth
I do allready have the parts, only turbo, from Pekka missing.




Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #539
Jaboxs
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: E90 335d, Citroen C5
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuikku View Post
.
+600hp from back wheels
Lots of mods in engine, smaller turbo still orig, bigger from Proturbo Fin.
With diesel only.

~500hp from orig engine max level, with diesel.
More => needs trully working mods in engine.
Are those 600+ hp numbers from a BMW M57, not a Mercedes? Pardon my ignorance but that is incredible if so!

Also, it is really good to see you getting in the BMW game again, and with 2 cars, I have been missing your posts in this forum. :)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #540
tuikku
Private First Class
51
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: 2x BMW E92 335d
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

.
From 335d Racer.
With diesel only.

I am now building same kind of engine to my civil 335d coupe M-sport with water/meth.

With ~3 Litre MB, I am clearly above 700hp line and pulling rpm,s up to 7000rpm.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST