E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Silver CF Interior trim?

Closed Thread

10-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #23
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1968 Austin Mini Cooper 1380cc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I could buy all different trim for barely any more than you want for wrapping it.
I would rather save a few hundred dollars than send my away. It would be cheaper
to change to wrap on my trim a few times before sending it there.

I did NOT buy the silver cf either. Silver cf trim is all around ugly on every vehicle.

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #24
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by umcool911ok View Post
I could buy all different trim for barely any more than you want for wrapping it.
I would rather save a few hundred dollars than send my away. It would be cheaper
to change to wrap on my trim a few times before sending it there.

I did NOT buy the silver cf either. Silver cf trim is all around ugly on every vehicle.
Sorry man, as much as I re-read your post over and over I don't understand it. I'm being serious, NOT joking.

Look I'm NOT saying the materials are expensive, sure you can buy 2yards of what ever ugly vinyl/fabric from your local Joans Fabric store for cheap, but will it come with a 3yr warranty, professional install, and be for automotive use? NO.

What was that?? Silver is ugly(that's your opinion)....you didn't buy from soni?? Remember this thread is about SILVER vinyl wrapped trim, NOT black.
Quote:
Just bought some from ya Soni!!

Anyways does it do just a good of job staying on that spraying adhesive
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 06:35 PM   #25
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1968 Austin Mini Cooper 1380cc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I bought Black CF vinyl fabric. I saw it installed on many other cars as well and looked
much better.

I am sure you are professional and the warranty will be nice, but how many people
do you think will keep it like it that long to actually need to use the warranty. Everyone
on here is an enthusiast and will change around everything in a short amount of time.
Your price is over the top, which is all I am saying.

Yes the silver cf vinyl is ugly, which is why Soni only just put it over the black cf
to see how it looked, which is why it looks big and poofy

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #26
Alpine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW MotorSport View Post
That has to be the UGLIEST fake carbon fiber vinyl I have ever seen. It looks NOTHING like carbon fiber, it looks like a basket weave.

If anyone wants the nice looking vinyl wrap, please PM me for any help. Here is what mine looks like compared to that ugly silver vinyl.
Quote:
^^^^
Are you serious, I'm not hating just stating that that vinyl is ugly and looks nothing like carbon fiber. You think making $45 bucks off each wrapped trim piece is ridiculous??? You buddy should not own a BMW. Also you don't think quality work from a professional award winning trim shop is not worth anything? Plus a 3yr warranty on the product and workmanship if anything were to go wrong. Also cost for shop lease, adhesive, time, air compressor/electricity used, and tools to do the job aren't worth any money??? PLEASE talk to me when you make sense. What I have NOW is actual Automotive and Marine Vinyl as Soni product is NOT. Okay I'll get out of here, sure buddy.
Low class. Vendors should not be talking like this on the forum, especially to future/current customers. This is the exact same talk that got Terry banned for life.
      10-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #27
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Quote:
I bought Black CF vinyl fabric. I saw it installed on many other cars as well and looked much better.
I am sure you are professional and the warranty will be nice, but how many people do you think will keep it like it that long to actually need to use the warranty. Everyone
on here is an enthusiast and will change around everything in a short amount of time.
Your price is over the top, which is all I am saying.
Yes the silver cf vinyl is ugly, which is why Soni only just put it over the black cf
to see how it looked, which is why it looks big and poofy
Again, you have NO idea what is involved with a trim shop and the costs involved, it might seem over the top to you since you don't appreciate the work and are NOT planing on paying any amount to get it professionally done. Granted, if everything was so easy then TUNER and Wheel/Tire shops would NOT exist. Do you know how to mount your own tires too?

In regards to the warranty, it's not so much about changing your parts every few months but the peace of mind that you get with a well made high quality product. The 3yr warranty is NOT offered by any other vendor because all the other vendors offering this are using thin acrylic vinyl fabric that is used to cover the Oakley sun glass cases. That's what you bought. I am so confident in my material that I stand by it 110% and I know that my vinyl will out last the competition.

It is NOT treated for the sun, it is not treated for mildew and bacteria, and it's NOT for automotive USE. Also you are buying from a NON vendor that doesn't even know what he is selling, he calls it Fabric when in fact is an Acrylic Vinyl with a fabric backing. Trust me I have a sample of his material and have asked all my Upholstery Supply reps with over 50yrs combined experience in the textile/fabric/upholstery industry. I would NEVER buy something from someone who doesn't even know what they are selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Low class. Vendors should not be talking like this on the forum, especially to future/current customers. This is the exact same talk that got Terry banned for life.
How do you figure low class, you don't even know what type of person I am. He mentioned my product and of course I will defend it and educate people that don't know. Future or current customer?? He has shown NO interest in my product and keeps saying it's too much money for his blood, how is he a future customer or even a customer at that. I have heard about Terrys ban, and I am NOT disrespecting anyone here, just telling it how it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #28
Alpine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
How do you figure low class, you don't even know what type of person I am. He mentioned my product and of course I will defend it and educate people that don't know. Future or current customer?? He has shown NO interest in my product and keeps saying it's too much money for his blood, how is he a future customer or even a customer at that. I have heard about Terrys ban, and I am NOT disrespecting anyone here, just telling it how it is.
Exactly. I don't know what kind of person you are, which is why you need to be careful with the way you conduct yourself on the forum- ESPECIALLY as a vendor. I wasn't referring to 911 as a potential customer. I was referring to myself and anyone else who may be interested in your product who might read your responses.

The attacks started when you attacked Soni's product. That's exactly how Terry got banned, by acting that way towards Vishnu.

All I'm saying is watch what you say. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean that the customer still isn't always right.
      10-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

BTW that basket weave stuff does look pretty unappealing...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #30
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Exactly. I don't know what kind of person you are, which is why you need to be careful with the way you conduct yourself on the forum- ESPECIALLY as a vendor. I wasn't referring to 911 as a potential customer. I was referring to myself and anyone else who may be interested in your product who might read your responses.

The attacks started when you attacked Soni's product. That's exactly how Terry got banned, by acting that way towards Vishnu.

All I'm saying is watch what you say. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean that the customer still isn't always right.
I respect all the vendors in this board. Without them, this board might not be as sucess as now.

Richy, I don't really care if I sale this fabric or not as I don't make my living from here. Therefore, don't worry that I am trying to stealing your customer. I even trying to push off many pms and ask them to contact the vendors, who can do the professional wrapping for them. Alex (aka ironic) can justify this. He still came to me few days later becasue none of the vendor was willing to sell just the fabric to him and he is a kind of guy who is a DIY kind of guy. I even ask some of them member who got this fabric from me do not post or annouce to the public. I don't need advertise. becasue I am not a vendor who is trying to sell stuff in this board. Second, I am just trying to help those members who is not looking for wrapping service and dont have the budget to pay $340-$500 wrapping service. You can do all the attacking you want and bad mouthing about the fabric...I don't really care, what do you want from a $25/yard? Last for 10 years, 20 years? Most of us got sick with the trims and want a little spice, and thats why we see what is avilable in the market, who know maybe a year or 2 later, we want want something else different. Thats all I have to say Richy!! Wish you all the best!!

Soni
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #31
Sparkling G
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
totally agree with you bro. About a month ago, I was about to get my trims wrap and saw one of member posted some photos of his work. So I saw one little spot look like ripped and I posted a photo and question about it. He pm'd me and asked me to edit my post and asked me to delete the photo. I believe he thinks the photo will affect his sales. Dealing and facing are what vendor should be doing and not trying to hiding it. After saw his PM, I didn't deal with this him. Until now I still didn't get my trim wrap I guess I gonna find a way to DIY somehow.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread