E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E93 and DRL brightness

07-01-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

E93 and DRL brightness

Hi there. There are some threads with this topic but going trough all of them I did not managed no locate from where I can change DRL brightness (when is switch in position 0 and AE are on).

I have FRM2 and have tried multiple options. Goal was to increase brightness while headlights are on. I did this by only changing one parameter.

PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL - from wert_04 to wert_01

And AE are brighter when parking lights are only on and when high/low beam is on. There were some more lines mentioned in other treads but for me only this one did the trick.

But, AE are still slightly brighter in DRL then when switch is in parking light position or lights are on. So I was wondering which one could be. Might be that AE are getting 13.7V in DRL and 13V when lights are on, but I was not able to find. I tried to nettodat code PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL line to 13.7V but no luck.

Although there was a way when I managed to bring them to be exact same brightness, just by enabling fog lights together with DRL.

DRL_TFL_MIT_NSW

After I enabled this brightness of AE in DRL mode dropped a bit and it was the same as when I turn on parking lights or head lights. - nothing else was changed.

Something else must be different, is not that I need to code it that badly but is more like I just want to know which parameter is for AE brightens in DRL mode.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0