E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Terrorist attack in Lower Manhattan - multiple dead

11-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #199
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
And who is paying for said wall?
Depends how creative they can be or much they want to take our country into debt.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #200
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
I believe the new travel restrictions are currently in effect. He came from somewhere not on the list. Add Uzbekistan? And the next country? And the next? I don’t have a good solution either. My concern is that security reaches a point of diminishing returns, where you start to do more harm than good, either by not letting in the right people, spending billions, etc. Trying to balance that is tough, especially when emotions run high
This is the most honest response I've read on several threads. Bravo
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #201
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more

You're absolutely right - there's no reason whatsoever to protect our border.
In the context of this case, which this thread is about, yes a physical border is meaningless. Nobody here is calling for wide open borders in general.
Ummm.... under Obama, we had wide open borders. And these stupid programs to allow immigration from radicalized countries and regions, with little to no real vetting. And with 20% of Americans being foreign-born, we don't need any more until these can assimilate. Many public schools have to teach in over 100 foreign languages and dialects, and the public assistance dollars consumed far outweigh any taxes paid. And that's before we have the terrorism issues.
      11-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #202
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Ummm.... under Obama, we had wide open borders. And these stupid programs to allow immigration from radicalized countries and regions, with little to no real vetting. And with 20% of Americans being foreign-born, we don't need any more until these can assimilate. Many public schools have to teach in over 100 foreign languages and dialects, and the public assistance dollars consumed far outweigh any taxes paid. And that's before we have the terrorism issues.
Fuck that if you come here and go to school you have to learn English. I came here in 87 at age 8 and attended the Newark public school system. I took ESL for 2 years but everything was in English. I sure as fuck didn't have anyone come in and teach me in Polish.
For fucks sake if you are in the school then you have a golden opportunity to learn the language and if you can't or won't then get the fuck back to where you came from.
Appreciate 5
Kev312237.50
upstatedoc7561.50
Hawkeye2069.50
SakhirM410784.50
      11-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #203
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
As usual, greatly exaggerated. Just because the majority of Americans don't share your point of view doesn't mean you need to make up things to compensate.
      11-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #204
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
As usual, greatly exaggerated. Just because the majority of Americans don't share your point of view doesn't mean you need to make up things to compensate.
My error - 20% is the number of Americans who don't speak English in their homes, according to the census bureau.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cit...rticle/365255/

Percentage of immigrants is generally estimated at 13.9%, although no one knows, as illegals aren't tracked or estimated by government sources.

I'm not sure about the other 6.1%, as it would seem that Americans would speak English....

Atlanta public schools teach in 140 languages:

http://thechampionnewspaper.com/news...-on-diversity/
      11-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #205
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

And speaking of Germany. Lets not forget this gem from Ma Merkel. This is priceless, shows how she feels about German sovereignty. Germany will soon be taken over by migrants.

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #206
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Delta03117477.50
      11-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #207
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
And speaking of Germany. Lets not forget this gem from Ma Merkel. This is priceless, shows how she feels about German sovereignty. Germany will soon be taken over by migrants.

She's a real bitch!
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2017, 05:43 AM   #208
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My error - 20% is the number of Americans who don't speak English in their homes, according to the census bureau.

Percentage of immigrants is generally estimated at 13.9%, although no one knows, as illegals aren't tracked or estimated by government sources.

I'm not sure about the other 6.1%, as it would seem that Americans would speak English....

Veering slightly off-Off-Topic, but aren?t all Americans immigrants (or ancestors were).....with the exception of the indigenous native ?Indians? ?

Or is it the usual case of ?might is right??
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #209
Bups
Masterdebater
Rep
Drives: Toyoda Camray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Veering slightly off-Off-Topic, but aren?t all Americans immigrants (or ancestors were).....with the exception of the indigenous native ?Indians? ?

No, everyone around the world are technically Americans on this blessed day. See Pangaea was a super continent dating back some 300 millions of years, when humans were gay fish frogs still evolving. Now, if we want to be technically technical, nobody really immigrated, our fish frog families just got broken up during the continental divide and evolved with geographical characteristics. It wasn't until later that boats were invented and sailors went off in search of new land or the edge of the earth (whichever came first), and stumbled upon their old gay fish frog relatives from 175 million years ago during the separation of Pangaea. But, because they'd been separated so long (like your long lost uncle you haven't seen since 1), they couldn't tell they were related at one point. And so naturally everyone got raped and killed and caused racial tensions and here we are today.

Oh, and Tom Cruise single-handedly caused prehistoric extinction. There's some documentaries about it.
“How are Mr. Trump’s hands?” My hands are fine. You know, my hands are normal. Slightly large, actually. In fact, I buy a slightly smaller than large glove, okay? No, but I did this because everybody was saying to me, “Oh, your hands are very nice. They are normal.”
- Donald J. Trump.
Appreciate 2
Hawkeye2069.50
bbbbmw2393.50
      11-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #210
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

See, we use first generation immigrant and immigrant as the same. Someone who came here legally and then had kids here legally, their kids are not considered immigrants unless they want to classify themselves as such. I'm sure there is a flow chart somewhere...

Aside from that, still no. The people that broke away from the tyrannical Brits and formed this country were not immigrants. They are not native to North America but they also did not immigrate to the United States, they created it.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2393.50
      11-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #211
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That's silly, Karachi-On-Thames is also a land of immigrants.

You have immigration laws, Right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      11-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #212
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:

A recent, thorough, investigation confirmed Siberian ancestry and traces of native Australian and Melanesian peoples in "Native Americans". So, what we've always thought true (that they came here over the land bridge that used to exist between modern day Siberia and Alaska some 12,000 years ago) has been proven. After they came here, they disseminated into tribal nations and killed and conquered one another as populations of men always have and will continue to do. So idiots who spout off shit like this really need to STFU. Europeans came, saw, and conquered. Later on, as countries took shape on this continent, the US gov. allowed large numbers in, as they saw fit, at times to build this country. Excluded from this are the African slaves and their descendants who were forceably brought here (after often being sold out by their own) and forced to help build. Now we're WAY beyond that period of time. What we need now is talented, productive, and skilled immigrants to significantly contribute to our country and its economy. We don't need anymore Uber drivers like this sorry fuck. The "talent pool" for that sector is already large enough. Likewise, we don't need scores of illegal immigrants spilling over our borders and sucking up our resources while they hide until someone grants them citizenship they didn't earn, as any effort made after breaking the law jumping the border is null and void. We have enough poor, desperate souls with citizenship living here already who deserve that attention and those resources.
Appreciate 2
Hawkeye2069.50
      11-04-2017, 11:53 AM   #213
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #214
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Yes my friend , your pic shows the Belgian flag .
It's because *Ann-Laure Decadt* is back in Belgium , but in a coffin !

As you know here is the link to Ann => #169 http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...4#post22373294

May Ann RIP !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #215
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:

Speaking English in the home is a choice, and it doesn't mean that the 20% cannot speak English. Example: I was born in the US, and we did not speak English in my home. My whole family CAN speak English.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #216
YR430D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430D

Along with the shooting in Las Vegas - done by a white American not a jihadist or Moslem.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/tex...ing/index.html
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #217
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR430D View Post
Along with the shooting in Las Vegas - done by a white American not a jihadist or Moslem.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/tex...ing/index.html
What's your point? We also have white Americans that are child molesters, murderers , neo Nazis etc.

To come here you can't be part of a terrorist group, neo nazi or have a criminal record etc

It's nit yoyr right to come here, we filter who we want and that process isn't working.
Appreciate 2
      11-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #218
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post

Taken out of context, it is kind of weird... but from a german perspective waving the flag in such a situation is not common at all in Germany. Actually flag waving or openly showing patriotism is extremely rare and considered a bad thing in Germany except when it comes to supporting sports events. I know of only one other event in the recent history of germany were people openly waved the flag: the fall of the Berlin Wall. The kind of flag waving etc. like common for americans and many other countries is highly suspicious for most germans.
      11-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #219
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Watch some Russell Peters to lighten it up!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #220
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Taken out of context, it is kind of weird... but from a german perspective waving the flag in such a situation is not common at all in Germany. Actually flag waving or openly showing patriotism is extremely rare and considered a bad thing in Germany except when it comes to supporting sports events. I know of only one other event in the recent history of germany were people openly waved the flag: the fall of the Berlin Wall. The kind of flag waving etc. like common for americans and many other countries is highly suspicious for most germans.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Delta03117477.50
Kev312237.50
Haywood3100.50
Robin_NL8717.00