E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Airbag light

01-18-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Tcheb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i xdrive (E91)

Airbag light

Need some help with an issue I'm having. I have a passenger airbag/restraint error on my dashboard. INPA shows a gazillion (15) different codes. Here's what happened so far:

After the light turned on, I noticed that there was some water in the passenger footwell area due to a sunroof leak.

I removed the passenger seat, dried it and put it back in. Light was still on.

I read the codes and also noticed in INPA that the MRS module's VIN was all "ÿ"s.

I used WinKFP to update the VIN and update the software. That caused more error codes to show up (I only had 6 codes before that). Also now the light next to the sunroof button is flashing and before I updated the software it wasn't.

I can't clear the codes (it says that codes are successfully cleared but they either aren't cleared or immediately come back).

The codes I have are:
941A. 93C9, 93BB, 93D2, 93CE. 93D6, 93BA, 93C8, 93AB, 93B3, 93AC, 93B0, 93B1, 93AE, 9419

Does the software update modify coding? Could bad coding cause some of those errors?

Is there something in the passenger footwell or behind the glove box that might have been fried because of the water that could have caused the issue? (my VTG module got fried and I had to replace it).
Appreciate 0