E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > How to Flash Back to Stock Map?

01-09-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
pelon222
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

How to Flash Back to Stock Map?

I recently picked up an 09 335i from an auction, I believe it has some kind of tune from the way the exhaust sounds, is there a way to tell if it is tuned and what it has? or a flash it back to stock if I need to without a tuner ? I haven't been able to run it due to oil pan gasket leak and injector faults, which I already replaced and waiting on new injectors to come in
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelon222 View Post
I recently picked up an 09 335i from an auction, I believe it has some kind of tune from the way the exhaust sounds, is there a way to tell if it is tuned and what it has? or a flash it back to stock if I need to without a tuner ? I haven't been able to run it due to oil pan gasket leak and injector faults, which I already replaced and waiting on new injectors to come in
No way to usually tell if the car is tuned unless you monitor boost levels. Most tunes do not update UIF flash data on diagnostic equipment for E chassis cars. You can flash it back to stock with a kdcan cable and Winkfp though, only takes about 10 minutes to do so.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelon222 View Post
No way to usually tell if the car is tuned unless you monitor boost levels. Most tunes do not update UIF flash data on diagnostic equipment for E chassis cars. You can flash it back to stock with a kdcan cable and Winkfp though, only takes about 10 minutes to do so.
Not really true,

My ODB tool can read the CVN number for the calibration and program section in the DME.

The CVN number is also the checksum for that section of code. If the file is changed /tuned the checksum is also changed or the processor will see the error and the car will nor run.

You can compare the reported CVN against the CVN number in the matching 0db / 0pa file in the daten folders. The CVN number is near the very last line of the file look for $CVN. While unlikely, dealers and smog stations can perform the same check.

90% of the available tunes will have mismatching CVN numbers.

I can read the CVN numbers with my Elm327 and ODB fusion app.

With this car, it's probably easier to log actual load and or boost psi.
Appreciate 0