E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help: What options use these buttons?

06-09-2023, 03:18 PM   #23
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_06xi View Post
You could certainly move your buttons back to stock. Odd that someone would move them to the ash tray.
The early Dynavin units (maybe even the newer ones too?) didn't support the seat heaters, so they made a kit that relocates those buttons to the ash tray. It's likely the previous owner had one and removed it when they sold the car, but left the ash tray button relocation in place.

I personally like the look of the android units where you cut the center of the dash - definitely makes the E90 look more like a modern interior that way, but I really don't want to cut my dash. I trust the factory CD73 system to last a lot longer than these generic android units.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 09:30 PM   #24
andy_06xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

The Eonon units don't require any cutting and are completely reversible (or upgradable to some next generation system). Note that the Eonon 9465 (no 'B') looks both modern and OEM. It even preserves the CD functionality.

I'm not sure what buttons the OP has that are now relocated in the ash tray (maybe hill descent?) -- but he'd obviously still have this functionality by leaving the buttons where they are. His seat heater buttons are integrated into the Climate Control Unit -- so he'd still have those as well (thought the Eonon unit alternatively allows seat heater control through the menu)
Appreciate 0