E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Serious problem with CIC please help !

08-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
DcoWTF
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318D 2009

Exclamation Serious problem with CIC please help !

Hello i am here to ask for your help BMW gurus. I have a problem with my iDrive system or CIC unit. I have a BMW e91 2009 381d. When i start the car the unit doesn't load up my existing music collection and doesn't recognize any CD or DVD. It is all greyed out. The music collection that i have loaded up first says in grey "Please wait..." This lasts for 5 minutes then it says "No entries". When i put in a USB stick it doesn't recognize it same goes for DVD. When i try to delete it it says "Function is currently not available." And when I hit the storage info it says "No info". So i tried reseting it by holding down the volume button 30 seconds ( about 5 times already) and it didn't work. We plugged it on a cumpter and found no faults. We unpluged the battery for 30 mins still the same. I am really desperate some friend told me a new unit is around 600 to 800€. That is without programing it. So please help me. I have the car for 4 months and put 5,5k miles on it. Also the AUX cable is working fine and the Navigation is working perfect with all the functions as it guided my through whole Italy.Also when i put a USB stick with a LED indicator in it does light up but it doesnt recognize it. I have only the USB port in the glovebox not in the armrest. Maybe the HDD is faulty ? If so should i replace the whole unit or try restoring it ? What could be the procedures and cost ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0