E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > V10 MHD Map Discussion

01-31-2022, 06:08 PM   #45
syntax
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dLeader View Post
Supercharger sounds with upgraded K04 turbos? Something isn't adding up lol. One or the other unless it's a Volvo!
It has upgraded ported k04's. The sound is from his exhaust, I know him.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 06:55 PM   #46
Dave92N54
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
It looks like V10 seems to pushing HPFP more aggressively, drops to around 1800psi, although I think v7 did as well.

On my custom tune always above 2000psi. Once you go custom, there's no going back.
This is interesting. On my custom my rail pressure is a little higher at idle but as far as WOT it's the same as any of my OTS maps (lowest drop I've seen is like 1850psi).
      02-03-2022, 11:17 PM   #47
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave92N54 View Post
This is interesting. On my custom my rail pressure is a little higher at idle but as far as WOT it's the same as any of my OTS maps (lowest drop I've seen is like 1850psi).
At idle mines around 700 psi, same as on OTS maps.

I'm pretty sure the variation in HPFP fuel pressure at WOT is due to mapping, 2000+psi doesn't necessarily mean it's healthier than 1800+psi HPFP
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 04:54 PM   #48
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Curious if anyone has done much logging with V10 stage 2+ maps.
Saw some reports on spool street that V10 was requesting a boost target of 18.6 all the way to 6500 rpm. Making the wgdc very high on the top end.
I believe previous map versions would always taper before redline.
      02-18-2022, 06:11 PM   #49
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab987 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax View Post
I will gladly do the flex fuel conversion with an upgraded lpfp if it isn't difficult to install or expensive. I don't think the gambling of ethanol content with no sensor or flex fuel module will be good for the stock pump and shit in the long term. I will also go with a custom tune.
Do keep in mind that reflex is the proper way to go. MHD is not pushing any new flex fuel maps as far as I can tell so you'd be limited to V9. If you are still interested I will sell my motiv kit probably in the next month or so, I can't use it with my hybrids
Literally just bought the flex fuel module LOL. Looks like I'm sticking to V9 if V10 doesn't support it.

Does V9 still change the tune based on the content?
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 01:20 AM   #50
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Saw some reports on spool street that V10 was requesting a boost target of 18.6 all the way to 6500 rpm. Making the wgdc very high on the top end.
I've never seen any OTS maps not taper off. Have you got any links to the page, would like to a Datalog?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 01:25 AM   #51
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've never seen any OTS maps not taper off. Have you got any links to the page, would like to a Datalog?
Not sure if think link works here :
https://*********************/thread...ng.7235/page-2

It's for MHD ots v10 testing on spool street. Some back and a forth in the thread for sure. Ken from wedge, comments on page 3 are pretty interesting.
      02-19-2022, 01:39 AM   #52
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
From what I can see stage 2+ high timing and WGDC are all on Ethanol maps or 95oct

I would expect WGDC to be higher on those.

This one for example on 95oct looks fine,

https://datazap.me/u/prettyatc/log-1...=0&data=3-4-22

WGDC being high is not necessarily tune fault.

On my custom tune which targets about 20psi, my boost tappers to about 16psi up top and peak WGDC is just over 60%

Doesn't mean jack since I'm pretty sure my turbos are dying considering the whine at low speeds.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2022, 07:57 AM   #53
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
From what I can see stage 2+ high timing and WGDC are all on Ethanol maps or 95oct

I would expect WGDC to be higher on those.

This one for example on 95oct looks fine,

https://datazap.me/u/prettyatc/log-1...38;data=3-4-22

WGDC being high is not necessarily tune fault.

On my custom tune which targets about 20psi, my boost tappers to about 16psi up top and peak WGDC is just over 60%

Doesn't mean jack since I'm pretty sure my turbos are dying considering the whine at low speeds.
Thanks! I was hoping that was just for the E maps. I am running the 93 map and it definitely pulls hard. Just didn't want to burn out my turbos faster if v10 was really that much more aggressive. Appreciated you taking a look.
      02-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #54
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I was hoping that was just for the E maps. I am running the 93 map and it definitely pulls hard. Just didn't want to burn out my turbos faster if v10 was really that much more aggressive. Appreciated you taking a look.
No worries, different Versions seem to run differently on different cars,

Just to be clear CarAbuser is definitely more knowledgeable than me, but I don't believe Ken would load dangerous OTS maps which would wear out turbos prematurely for millions to use. Also we don't know the condition of those cars which Datalog was posted.

Stock turbos will eventually fail, regardless of what you do, even OTS stage 2+ maps target nearly 3 x stock boost.
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #55
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
I don't know for others maps, but with Stage 2+ on 93oct, the target isn't flat.
There was also a lot of beta V10 logs online, maybe changes has been made between beta and public release ?

https://datazap.me/u/studio54/v10-93...=0&data=3-5-22
      02-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #56
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
Quote:
I don't know for others maps, but with Stage 2+ on 93oct, the target isn't flat.
There was also a lot of beta V10 logs online, maybe changes has been made between beta and public release ?

https://datazap.me/u/studio54/v10-93...38;data=3-5-22
Thanks! That looks more normal. I may have been looking at a pre release or Ethanol v10 map but it was pegged at 18.6 the entire curve.
Thanks for sharing
      02-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #57
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i

I think more than often parts are failing and people tune them to push it which increases the failure rate and they can point fingers. If your turbos are on the way out their on the way out yes pushing them to higher psi will increase the rate. Since I'm going single I wanted to blow the shit out if my stock twins. 7k kms of really hard abuse on a flame map and nothings really happend. Still no rattle and it's smoking the same amount if did prior. Their is no way these pops are decently safe on the turbos it sounds like someone's shooting a ak everytime she pops plus the bonus of a fireball . I think this map targets 19psi or so definitely faster than ots maps

https://youtube.com/shorts/yXKI50kJdno?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/DlksjNwPhXs?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #58
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa.e92 View Post
I think more than often parts are failing and people tune them to push it which increases the failure rate and they can point fingers. If your turbos are on the way out their on the way out yes pushing them to higher psi will increase the rate. Since I'm going single I wanted to blow the shit out if my stock twins. 7k kms of really hard abuse on a flame map and nothings really happend. Still no rattle and it's smoking the same amount if did prior. Their is no way these pops are decently safe on the turbos it sounds like someone's shooting a ak everytime she pops plus the bonus of a fireball . I think this map targets 19psi or so definitely faster than ots maps

I believe it's like... how much time you will running this... one week? (OK) one month? (OK OK...) one year or more ? (hmmm I have a doubt) it's simple as that
      02-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #59
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I believe it's like... how much time you will running this... one week? (OK) one month? (OK OK...) one year or more ? (hmmm I have a doubt) it's simple as that
My point is simply the stock twins are more robust than people make them seem and to answer your question 4 months on my car I know people running very similar tunes who have had it for more than a year. Either way my objective was to abuse it till they blow which they did not just shows a milder tune will last much longer
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 04:13 PM   #60
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I think your having trouble reading or need me to dumb it down a bit? My point is simply the stock twins are more robust than people make them seem and to answer your question 4 months on my car I know people running very similar tunes who have had it for more than a year. Either way my objective was to abuse it till they blow which they did not just shows a milder tune will last much longer
Hehe relax man, I was just replying to your post

I just don't recommend to push stock twins like that if you think that they are invincible like you seems to say.

But I get what you are saying, my last stock twins also last 1 year on V9 and on various tune that target over 16-7 psi (about that), then failed, and my new pair of stock twins are whining a lot, so I am not reassuring.. Yeah if you plan to change them, it's a good way to destroy them. For everyone else, I recommend to only run V7 since it targets lower target (14-16 psi) while being powerful.
      02-19-2022, 04:17 PM   #61
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think your having trouble reading or need me to dumb it down a bit? My point is simply the stock twins are more robust than people make them seem and to answer your question 4 months on my car I know people running very similar tunes who have had it for more than a year. Either way my objective was to abuse it till they blow which they did not just shows a milder tune will last much longer

I just don't recommend to push stock twins like that if you think that they are invincible like you seems to say.

But I get what you are saying, my last stock twins also last 1 year on V9 and on various tune that target over 16-7 psi (about that), then failed, and my new pair of stock twins are whining a lot, so I am not reassuring.. Yeah if you plan to change them, it's a good way to destroy them. For everyone else, I recommend to only run V7 since it targets lower target (14-16 psi) while being powerful.
I know I realized after and erased that part no hard feelings. I don't recommend it either nor do I think their invincible or good for them in anyway I'm just saying their not as bad as people make them seem. These cars are closing in on 15 years old the turbos are already tired. you only got a year out of them?
Appreciate 1
studio54201.00
      02-19-2022, 05:37 PM   #62
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Invincible lol, they whine as soon as you start pushing near 20psi and can't hold much boost over 16psi up top,

Have mine blown? Not yet, doesn't mean much as I'm sure they are dying a slow death.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:07 PM   #63
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Invincible lol, they whine as soon as you start pushing near 20psi and can't hold much boost over 16psi up top,

Have mine blown? Not yet, doesn't mean much as I'm sure they are dying a slow death.
Yep, hard to say lol

Mine whine too, but when one of my old ones from the last Mitsu OEM set failed, it wasn't whining....

There are people with whining turbos that last 2-3 years, and people with whining turbos that failed fast, really hard to say...

When they whine, if you have excessive oil comsuption, and grey smoke.. maybe you can say they will fail soon, personnally, mine whines, but no smoke, no oil comsuption. I checked my front & rear inlet, seems right in place, so weird, I do not know what to think. The only thing to be aware of, if turbos fail (cloud of smoke behind you and no boost), just stop by, and get the car towed, chances are that nothing wrong happen to the engine.
      02-19-2022, 06:15 PM   #64
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yep, hard to say lol

Mine whine too, but when one of my old ones from the last Mitsu OEM set failed, it wasn't whining....

There are people with whining turbos that last 2-3 years, and people with whining turbos that failed fast, really hard to say...

When they whine, if you have excessive oil comsuption, and grey smoke.. maybe you can say they will fail soon, personnally, mine whines, but no smoke, no oil comsuption. I checked my front & rear inlet, seems right in place, so weird, I do not know what to think. The only thing to be aware of, if turbos fail (cloud of smoke behind you and no boost), just stop by, and get the car towed, chances are that nothing wrong happen to the engine.
Yeah I have no excessive oil consumption or smoke, just whining

Turbo failure depends a lot on how hard you drive as well as how often.

If your ripping it everywhere that will accelerate wear.

Last edited by Saif2018; 02-20-2022 at 06:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
studio54201.00
      02-20-2022, 04:52 AM   #65
studio54
Captain
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I know I realized after and erased that part no hard feelings. I don't recommend it either nor do I think their invincible or good for them in anyway I'm just saying their not as bad as people make them seem. These cars are closing in on 15 years old the turbos are already tired. you only got a year out of them?
sorry just seen the question actually

when I first bought the car, it has like 50-55000 miles (90000 kms), it has original turbos, it was still boosting and pushing good (no whine), I just decided to get them replaced (OEM mitsus) because of small wastegate rattle
got a new set of mitsu, that lasted exactly one year maybe 4 or 5000 kilometers later, failed randomly during a WOT (I never know exactly why, maybe oil line problem maybe too much boost all the time, it's not my daily, so it's a WOT car basicly)
then got another set of mitsu (hmm yes I am stupid, but indy in my place only wanted to install OEM parts)

then the last set, I baby it a litte more but it is whining so I am knocking on wood, it's now around 1year&half
      02-20-2022, 06:23 AM   #66
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
sorry just seen the question actually

when I first bought the car, it has like 50-55000 miles (90000 kms), it has original turbos, it was still boosting and pushing good (no whine), I just decided to get them replaced (OEM mitsus) because of small wastegate rattle
got a new set of mitsu, that lasted exactly one year maybe 4 or 5000 kilometers later, failed randomly during a WOT (I never know exactly why, maybe oil line problem maybe too much boost all the time, it's not my daily, so it's a WOT car basicly)
then got another set of mitsu (hmm yes I am stupid, but indy in my place only wanted to install OEM parts)

then the last set, I baby it a litte more but it is whining so I am knocking on wood, it's now around 1year&half
How much boost were you at when it started whining?

My next set will be OEM Billets (RB) or RB ones for this reason as well as wastage reliability issues. I hate the whine.
Appreciate 0