E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Mixture control Lean 29E0 29E1

08-13-2022, 02:38 PM   #23
Mustafa.e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riczon.335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgb1124 View Post
Quote:
It's definitely the Tune I had mine looked over many times by a buddy who owns a BMW shop he could not find anything wrong with my car so MHD needs to figure out what's causing it. I run 92 octane here in Washington State using Shell/Chevron only.

Also flashed back to stock for a few weeks, no mixture lean codes. V9 and V10 maps both mixture lean code pops up. Also I want to note that my car has all parts from FCP so everything has been swapped with new.
I guess I'll try v8 then
I wasted a few hours my of life swapping new O2 sensors, spark plugs, coil packs lol. Luckily FCP refunded me for lifetime warranty. My injectors are index 12. Valve cover is barely 20k, my buddy has diagnosed everything even he's confused.
This was me on a customers 535 shit drove me nuts. He had a dealership and bought the car off impact with a front end hit. By the time it was done with body shop and few things we poked around with he was into the car more than it was worth so we called it quits. Anything with a n54 is garunteed to lose money can't ever win with these things 😖
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 05:43 PM   #24
Mgb1124
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 535xi

Quote:
It's definitely the Tune I had mine looked over many times by a buddy who owns a BMW shop he could not find anything wrong with my car so MHD needs to figure out what's causing it. I run 92 octane here in Washington State using Shell/Chevron only.

Also flashed back to stock for a few weeks, no mixture lean codes. V9 and V10 maps both mixture lean code pops up. Also I want to note that my car has all parts from FCP so everything has been swapped with new.

I believe most of us can relate to it triggering during highway while my cruise control is set, that's when it throws those codes. I even tried putting my JB4 back in and flashed pump BEF and those codes never came up ever. I just clear the codes now lol, I said F it.
Do both codes come up for you all the time or do you sometimes just get one code because the other day I had both codes and today I just changed my fuel filter/pressure regulator and I'm seeing much better lpfp and hpfp numbers on my logs but I still got a mixture control 2 code https://datazap.me/u/mgb1124/new-fue...&data=3-23
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #25
riczon.335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Quote:

I believe most of us can relate to it triggering during highway while my cruise control is set, that's when it throws those codes. I even tried putting my JB4 back in and flashed pump BEF and those codes never came up ever. I just clear the codes now lol, I said F it.
Do both codes come up for you all the time or do you sometimes just get one code because the other day I had both codes and today I just changed my fuel filter/pressure regulator and I'm seeing much better lpfp and hpfp numbers on my logs but I still got a mixture control 2 code https://datazap.me/u/mgb1124/new-fue...&data=3-23
Yup both codes and it trips at random times, I can go a week or two and out of the blue while highway cruising it triggers engine code.

I am starting to think it could be the fuel stations having more than the usual ethanol content, makes sense for me on my end.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:53 PM   #26
Mgb1124
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yup both codes and it trips at random times, I can go a week or two and out of the blue while highway cruising it triggers engine code.

I am starting to think it could be the fuel stations having more than the usual ethanol content, makes sense for me on my end.
Wouldn't more ethanol content make it run better at least that's what from what I heard, but tomorrow I am going with a custom cd919 tune and we will see if that fixes the mixture control
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 10:19 PM   #27
Mgb1124
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't more ethanol content make it run better at least that's what from what I heard, but tomorrow I am going with a custom cd919 tune and we will see if that fixes the mixture control
Update: custom tune fixed the problem no more codes car is no longer running lean
Appreciate 0