E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Got a ticket... fight it?

06-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #67
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Junge für Leben View Post
what clauses would you recommend I use to fight the ticket using the airplane as a defense?
Look this over it is the speed trap law and it does apply in this situation

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d17/vc40802.htm

and read this for some background

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97967

There are people on both side of this who will tell you can not win or you can. I am on the side you can since I know of few specific instances where people won these kinds of tickets simple on the fact a plane was used.

Simply, if you choose to fight the ticket, absolutely both officers must show. The one who wrote the ticket can not testify to your speed since he never saw you speeding he took it on the word of the officer in the plane. All the one who wrote the ticket can say he is wrote a ticket base on someone else's observation if he attempts to say you were speeding it all hearsay in the court.

Most time only one officer shows up. Also I have heard in CA they will list both officer names on the ticket, this is done so they court will contact both officer to show up for the court date. If both are not on the ticket you have greater chance of them both showing.

Last edited by Maestro; 06-11-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0