E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Los Angeles lawyer?

08-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Los Angeles lawyer?

Hey Guys,

I got the stupidest "unsafe left turn" ticket ever.

I was standing on a freshly re-paved road at a red light on sherman way and tampa blvd, if anyone is familiar with the area. I was facing north on tampa blvd, and as far as i thought, i was standing in a left turn lane. There are no markers for the lanes, no lines, nothing to identify that it is, or is not a left turn lane. The green left turn arrow turns on, and i proceed to make my left turn(not speeding, moving very safely and smooth). 2 seconds later to my huge surprise i get lit up. I pull over onto my street, and park half a block from my house. 2 officers come out of the car, male, and female, and start being extremely rude. I tried explaining to them that if i did something wrong, it wasn't intentional, but both of them just were complete ***holes. Once i gave them my paperwork, the female cop told me to sit on the curb, which i didn't want to do, but she said that "I have to". Once i pulled out my phone, she told me to put that away, and keep the hands where she can see them. At that point i said f**k this, took out my phone, turned on the camera, and started interrogation her knowledge of the simplest laws, that shut her up real quick(video will come soon). After 30 minutes of arguing with them, and calling out their supervisor, i received a ticket for "unsafe left turn" and "turning without signal".

Well, that was just ranting. My question is, does anybody know a reputable lawyer that can guarantee to win this case? I have pictures of the street which clearly show to identified lanes, and a few videos of the dumb ass cops that wrote the ticket. I have a clean driving record, and plan to keep it that way, one way or another.

Last edited by Sick335; 08-20-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Forgot to mention, i was riding my 07 kawasaki ninja at the time, not my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
timmyc
SW20 to BL to E92
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

I have used Michael Yeung twice in the past and he has been very helpful for me. You should check him out if you don't know where to start.

http://www.mlylaw.com/mlylaw/index.htm
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep

Pictures of the intersection:

Appreciate 0