E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hello and goodbye already? 335i or BMW Dealership to blame...

07-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #45
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWONG View Post
It's a used car, quit complaining
Are you for real? So if you buy a used car you should accept all kinds of issues on the car even though it is under warranty, and extended warranty as well? What the heck are you smoking man?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #46
E902F30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Black/Black Sport

Just thought that I would throw in that my 2008 335i sport/premium has over 100K miles (just barely) and I have NEVER heard the brakes squealing. Not sure this is "normal".
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #47
nwalbert
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKAI View Post
I think my expectations were too high. I expected my BMW to run flawlessly during it's factory warranty period... which I'm still 14,000 miles shy of. Another lofty expectation was for a BMW dealer to actually fix problems on a BMW... the first time, or even the 2nd time.
You bought a used 5 year old car and expect a dealer you have never met before to bend over backwards on a Saturday to solve a rattle on your 5 year old used car. If the rattle was such a problem why didn't you have the original owner solve the issue prior to purchasing the vehicle?

These are business's and like all business's the best customers get the best treatment. That is why frequent fliers get upgrades and others sit in coach.

Sounds to me like they have treated you fairly so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #48
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a 3 View Post
Are you for real? So if you buy a used car you should accept all kinds of issues on the car even though it is under warranty, and extended warranty as well? What the heck are you smoking man?
agreed. no need to take it as given that there has to be issues. most CPO cars are actually quite worry free. there are always few bad apples in the basket.

and yes, extended maintenance are bought so you are allowed to use them. if it is covered then nothing wrong to demand repair under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #49
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwalbert View Post
You bought a used 5 year old car and expect a dealer you have never met before to bend over backwards on a Saturday to solve a rattle on your 5 year old used car. If the rattle was such a problem why didn't you have the original owner solve the issue prior to purchasing the vehicle?

These are business's and like all business's the best customers get the best treatment. That is why frequent fliers get upgrades and others sit in coach.

Sounds to me like they have treated you fairly so far.
Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't ask them to do me any favors. I set up an appointment on Saturday and the person booking my appointment knew what I was coming in for. The 2nd dealership I ended up visiting asked me to come in knowing my situation.

I don't believe asking a dealership to perform work under warranty is asking too much. Especially so when they diagnosed it as wastegate actuators, then replaced the actuators that I'm sure BMW the company paid for. Now that they realized that they misdiagnosed the problem, they are telling me the noise is normal??

I have never had a car that squealed this bad either... again, something they diagnosed as rear pads and sensors. Now that it has reappeared, it is normal for a BMW?

WTF is with all the hate toward me for buying a used car and then wanting to fix some stuff when it still under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #50
bob.g
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
WTF is with all the hate toward me for buying a used car and then wanting to fix some stuff when it still under warranty?
some ppl here think if you buy used, your car is likely to explode, regardless of the warranty you have left.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #51
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.g View Post
some ppl here think if you buy used, your car is likely to explode, regardless of the warranty you have left.
well past history dictates my pinto did extacly that... so you can understand if i'm alittle leery !

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #52
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ritz View Post
I have also notice that buying used under warranty makes the dealership less likely to eat costs like that. Buying new from a dealership and making that home dealership seems to help.
This is not true at all - I bring my 330 more then 4 times with the same issue and I have very good relationship with my SA. He told me exactly, what OP herd from his SA - this is a "normal" sound. On my last visit they put in writing that dealer perform that work of "Goodwill" - WHAT???? - I never own a car that has rear brake squeal like crazy.
      07-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #53
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't ask them to do me any favors. I set up an appointment on Saturday and the person booking my appointment knew what I was coming in for. The 2nd dealership I ended up visiting asked me to come in knowing my situation.

I don't believe asking a dealership to perform work under warranty is asking too much. Especially so when they diagnosed it as wastegate actuators, then replaced the actuators that I'm sure BMW the company paid for. Now that they realized that they misdiagnosed the problem, they are telling me the noise is normal??

I have never had a car that squealed this bad either... again, something they diagnosed as rear pads and sensors. Now that it has reappeared, it is normal for a BMW?

did they fix it for you yet? keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #54
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
did they fix it for you yet? keep us posted.
To get my 2nd opinion, I dropped by Century West BMW during the week and had the shop foreman come out and listen to my car. He isolated the actuators to the rear than to the front to see which one could be the culprit He did this by hand... I can't say exactly what he was doing because I was rev-ing the car from the cabin to reproduce the jingle. The same jingling/rattle was reproduced each time.

His diagnosis was that it is most likely the wastegate door vibrating on the turbo. He recommended that I go back to the shop that performed the work in the first place (Pacific BMW) and request for a BMW Engineer to look at my car.

I called Pacific BMW and had them set up the appointment for me to come in. I think it's worth mentioning that unlike the other times I have had an appointment, they tried to set up this appointment about 1.5 weeks out, claiming no courtesy cars were available. I explained that my car is out of the warranty period at that time and would like to book an appointment within my warranty period AND that it is my 3rd time going in for the same issue. Miraculously, I had a much earlier appointment with a courtesy car. I will be dropping off my car this week.

Regarding the brake squeal... my SA is basically telling me to deal with it at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #55
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To get my 2nd opinion, I dropped by Century West BMW during the week and had the shop foreman come out and listen to my car. He isolated the actuators to the rear than to the front to see which one could be the culprit He did this by hand... I can't say exactly what he was doing because I was rev-ing the car from the cabin to reproduce the jingle. The same jingling/rattle was reproduced each time.

His diagnosis was that it is most likely the wastegate door vibrating on the turbo. He recommended that I go back to the shop that performed the work in the first place (Pacific BMW) and request for a BMW Engineer to look at my car.

I called Pacific BMW and had them set up the appointment for me to come in. I think it's worth mentioning that unlike the other times I have had an appointment, they tried to set up this appointment about 1.5 weeks out, claiming no courtesy cars were available. I explained that my car is out of the warranty period at that time and would like to book an appointment within my warranty period AND that it is my 3rd time going in for the same issue. Miraculously, I had a much earlier appointment with a courtesy car. I will be dropping off my car this week.

Regarding the brake squeal... my SA is basically telling me to deal with it at this point.
who was the SA at Century west? there is a tall white dude who is rude... hope you did not get him. he is not a helping type. he works like he wants to get smacked... brakes are more of a nuisance so hope you get that rattle fixed at pacific. from my personal experience, they were pretty good in customer service and prompt repair.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #56
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
who was the SA at Century west? there is a tall white dude who is rude... hope you did not get him. he is not a helping type. he works like he wants to get smacked... brakes are more of a nuisance so hope you get that rattle fixed at pacific. from my personal experience, they were pretty good in customer service and prompt repair.
When I set up the appointment to go in during the week, they assigned me Tony Fernandez. I didn't really speak with him too much though. He called the shop foreman Roberto, Roberto came out, told me what he thought after messing around a little bit on my car and that was about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #57
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I set up the appointment to go in during the week, they assigned me Tony Fernandez. I didn't really speak with him too much though. He called the shop foreman Roberto, Roberto came out, told me what he thought after messing around a little bit on my car and that was about it.
I see. ive had my car taken cared by him and he was very professional. hope your car gets fixed...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #58
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So I thought I should give an update since I got my car back.
Pacific BMW has replaced my turbos. It took about 1.5 weeks to get my car back, but they gave me a courtesy car. So far so good right?

Well, on my less than 2 mile commute from the dealer to my work, my climate control starts turning on by itself. I turn it off, it turns on again in a minute or so. It did this 3 times on my less than 10 minute commute to work.

Later tonight, I turn my car on, and the climate control turns on by itself again. I turn it off and it stays off on my 15 minute commute home. UNTIL A FOCKIN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!#%!^!$%#@!%!#
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #59
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
So I thought I should give an update since I got my car back.
Pacific BMW has replaced my turbos. It took about 1.5 weeks to get my car back, but they gave me a courtesy car. So far so good right?

Well, on my less than 2 mile commute from the dealer to my work, my climate control starts turning on by itself. I turn it off, it turns on again in a minute or so. It did this 3 times on my less than 10 minute commute to work.

Later tonight, I turn my car on, and the climate control turns on by itself again. I turn it off and it stays off on my 15 minute commute home. UNTIL A FOCKIN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!#%!^!$%#@!%!#
ouch.. sounds like you've got a lemon. sell the fawkin' car and get a camry. those are pretty reliable.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #60
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
We can all probably relate to some less-than-ideal situation with our BMWs - but overall, most of us are satisfied with the ownership experience. Which makes me wonder, what is the purpose of writing such a post? We don't care - it isn't OUR car, and if the OP wants to sell his, then more power to him. Persnally, I'm getting a little tired of the wah-wah-wah posters. If you don't like your car, sell it an get off this forum - period. If you want advice on what to do when you have issues like this, then by all means post and ask. But don't tell us how you're pissed off and selling your car. It doesn't make a bit of difference to those of us who are happy with ours.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #61
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
I recently purchased a 2007 335i Sedan
This pretty much sums up your problem. Get an 09 or above you'll be in heaven.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #62
N54CoupeHP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Garage List
2012 335is  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
just accept it man....GERMAN CARS are not known for reliability!

I have 95k miles.....and I have tons of issues.....but fuck it!

current issues - RED seltbelt light, airbag light, service light, and brake light(new brakes/sensors) are displayed at all times.....another rear window won't roll up(one was fixed under warranty)....
That is a little discouraging to a soon to be BMW owner.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #63
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Ultimate Driving Experience sometimes comes with Ultimate Pain in the Ass
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #64
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe

somebody is inpatient

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #65
JuppiOne
Captain
Rep
Drives: everyone crazy

Quote:
I just can't believe that I have had a BMW for less than a month and I can't wait to get rid of it. Is this really the Ultimate Driving Experience?
Sorry you had such a bad experience with your first BMW, even though car markers tighten up their quality controls these days, but once in a while a bad one still slip through, I am extremely happy with my and will consider another BMW again in the future. Even with a Honda or Toyota, there could be just as much issues and poor dealership services too.

I hope you will get your car sorted out, it is a very fun car to drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #66
bigj505
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

there are a ton of a-holes on here.
people saying "you buy a used car so deal with it" are retarded.

bmw warrantied the vehicle so they should fix it. simple as that.

OP - just keep taking it back until they get it right. The last thing you want is for the car to STILL have issues when it runs out of the extended warranty.

Sounds like the ECU needs some tweaking if you climate is screwed up.
Also, its probably good that you got 2 new turbos for pretty much free. Means you dont have to replace them sooner than later.
I'd also keep dealing with the brakes issue until its resolved. My brakes dont have funny sounds.
Appreciate 0