E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > ABS malfunction, 07 335i coupe

11-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
soulcrusher
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

ABS malfunction, 07 335i coupe

Intermittently, I get an ABS malfunction on the main display.

I see that the error goes away when the tire pressure of the left rear goes lower than 3PSI in respect to the right rear.

Does this point to anything specific?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #2
E93Dude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 MT6

Garage List
2007 BMW E93  [0.00]
Without knowing more about your exact circumstances and fault codes, its hard to 100% diagnose your ABS issue. I can't see what the correlation is with your TPMS fluctuation. However, your problem may be related to one I had a few years ago. I also have an '07 335i, and that model year (and possibly others) were known to have an engineering fault in the ABS pump motor. The motor brushes were known to prematurely wear, causing the motor to fail. The ABS warning light was your only indicator that the pump had failed (well, that, and the fact you would no longer hear your ABS pulsating your brakes during a hard stop). The only solution was to pull the pump, open it up, and replace the brushes. It is possible to do the repair yourself, but opening the motor housing is a pain. I pulled mine out and sent it to Module Masters in Moscow, Idaho (Google them...). They repaired the unit for about $250 and mailed it back. If you have never had your ABS module replaced on your 14 year old 335i, I suspect that this could be the problem.

Scan your car for fault codes and post them here.