E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *OFFICIAL Michigan Chat & Meet Thread*

12-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #1409
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 m340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
automark in farmington hills did a good job painting my m3 rep bumper. and, yup, i installed it myself.
i used automark to install my spoiler and touch a few things on the outside. will probably go back there for this. might see if they can do the whole install.

any others to consider?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #1410
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 STX Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_pa View Post
i used automark to install my spoiler and touch a few things on the outside. will probably go back there for this. might see if they can do the whole install.

any others to consider?
i only asked them for a price for paint and i thought it was decent. someone else asked them for paint + install and i almost flipped. then again, the labor they would have charged for installation was about the same amount of time it took me to make sure everything lined up on my e90. i'll let others chime in on other shops.
      12-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #1411
SP3333D
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
i only asked them for a price for paint and i thought it was decent. someone else asked them for paint + install and i almost flipped. then again, the labor they would have charged for installation was about the same amount of time it took me to make sure everything lined up on my e90. i'll let others chime in on other shops.
Automark and Autometric are the two names that jump out in SE Michigan. If you use Autometric, use the shop at Telegraph and Orchard Lake rd as they specialize in imports. I have never used Automark, but have heard great reviews, I would also speak highly of Autometric(I never really got along with the writer there, but the work they do is phenomenal).
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #1412
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3333D View Post
I have sold cars with liens on them, I made the other party get a certified check and went with them to my bank and deposited their check with them there to make sure that there were no issues with the money. I then had the bank generate a lien release letter and attached it to the title, signed over the title, and we went our separate ways.
this ^^^. Cash works too.
      12-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #1413
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Automark and Autometric are the two names that jump out in SE Michigan. If you use Autometric, use the shop at Telegraph and Orchard Lake rd as they specialize in imports. I have never used Automark, but have heard great reviews, I would also speak highly of Autometric(I never really got along with the writer there, but the work they do is phenomenal).
yeah, i was afraid that having them install would be an investment. i just don't have the tools, patience or garage space to do it myself.

giving them both a ring to quote it up. thx guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #1414
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yeah, i was afraid that having them install would be an investment. i just don't have the tools, patience or garage space to do it myself.

giving them both a ring to quote it up. thx guys.
just pulled the trigger on the kit. getting excited for spring already. new wheels will have to wait until next year i guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #1415
pinder91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
who is swapping on snow tires and who is letting their BMW's hibernate?
Mine went into storage on Turkey Day... it was somewhat sketchy drive from Farmington Hills to the Grand Rapids area on summer tires, but we made it in one piece.

She got a final hand wash with multiple buckets of hot water

...and is now sleeping soundly.

Quote:
just pulled the trigger on the kit. getting excited for spring already. new wheels will have to wait until next year i guess.
Can't wait to see it!! Let's get spring here sooner.
Dynavin N6
OEM M3 Carbon Roof / OEM M3 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #1416
Blaster400
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i, Porsche Macan S

Garage List
Quote:
Which shop did you decide to go with? Please update about fitment and installation when done. I am considering exact same mods this spring.
      12-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #1417
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 STX Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinder91 View Post
Mine went into storage on Turkey Day... it was somewhat sketchy drive from Farmington Hills to the Grand Rapids area on summer tires, but we made it in one piece.
she's looking great! i'm really regretting not washing my E90.
      12-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #1418
Ilyas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pedestrian

Hello everybody,
Some truck parked into my front bumper with its front bumper. I initially thought that it damaged my front bumper a lot and didn't wait for the truck owner and called police straight a way. Police officer wrote a report and told me to call to insurance for further instructions.
Apparently, damage doesn't seem to be bad (no visible cracks, just scratches; and I don't know if bumper was moved or not - need to go to estimate the damage).
I kind of feel bad for calling police and not trying to deal with the truck owner; but what would you guys suggest as a next step? Should I call to insurance right a way, or try to get money from truck owner aside the insurance company? (really don't know if it's possible though).
Well, any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #1419
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:

She got a final hand wash with multiple buckets of hot water

...and is now sleeping soundly.

Can't wait to see it!! Let's get spring here sooner.
What's in Grand Rapids?
      12-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #1420
co_pa
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster400 View Post
Which shop did you decide to go with? Please update about fitment and installation when done. I am considering exact same mods this spring.
no decision yet. need to piece together the front a bit and will install in spring. i may have access to a lift to do it on my own. either way, i think i'll start documenting my car's evolution better through the forum. there's more to come.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #1421
SP3333D
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyas View Post
Hello everybody,
Some truck parked into my front bumper with its front bumper. I initially thought that it damaged my front bumper a lot and didn't wait for the truck owner and called police straight a way. Police officer wrote a report and told me to call to insurance for further instructions.
Apparently, damage doesn't seem to be bad (no visible cracks, just scratches; and I don't know if bumper was moved or not - need to go to estimate the damage).
I kind of feel bad for calling police and not trying to deal with the truck owner; but what would you guys suggest as a next step? Should I call to insurance right a way, or try to get money from truck owner aside the insurance company? (really don't know if it's possible though).
Well, any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This should be a comprehensive claim on your insurance since your vehicle was parked. I would deal with your insurance company right away, if you have a deductible, you may be able to get the other party to pay it or file a civil suit to get them to pay it. If they call it a collision claim, then you should be all set under a broadened collision policy in which case the insurance company would waive your deductible and go after the other guy's insurance for it.

As much as they suck, I would always rather deal with the insurance companies than the other individuals. Other individuals may agree to something and then completely change their mind and you have no ramification. With an insurance company, they are bound to your contract and will have to play fair. If the damage is more than initially believed, your insurance company should pony up the extra cash whereas taking cash from the other vehicle owner may be the only cash that you get and you are on the hook for anything extra.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #1422
Ilyas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This should be a comprehensive claim on your insurance since your vehicle was parked. I would deal with your insurance company right away, if you have a deductible, you may be able to get the other party to pay it or file a civil suit to get them to pay it. If they call it a collision claim, then you should be all set under a broadened collision policy in which case the insurance company would waive your deductible and go after the other guy's insurance for it.

As much as they suck, I would always rather deal with the insurance companies than the other individuals. Other individuals may agree to something and then completely change their mind and you have no ramification. With an insurance company, they are bound to your contract and will have to play fair. If the damage is more than initially believed, your insurance company should pony up the extra cash whereas taking cash from the other vehicle owner may be the only cash that you get and you are on the hook for anything extra.
Thanks a lot! Will call insurance then.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #1423
Ilyas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I have K+DCAN cable and INPA software on my laptop. Was able to check/delete errors from memory, planning to learn coding little bit later. But if someone in Lansing area needs to get/reset codes send me a message.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #1424
SP3333D
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyas View Post
I have K+DCAN cable and INPA software on my laptop. Was able to check/delete errors from memory, planning to learn coding little bit later. But if someone in Lansing area needs to get/reset codes send me a message.
Can you program it not to do light checks? I have replaced a lot of lights with LED's and get light errors every time that I turn my car on. I am also going to bypass the headlight bulb sockets with a new set of headlights and don't want it to check for headlight bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #1425
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Looking good broski! Glad you gave her a nice hot bath before hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
What's in Grand Rapids?
Pinder's parents live west of GR. They have a few pole barns as his Dad is an avid antique car collector and parts picker so he essentially has free heated indoor storage for the e92
      12-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #1426
Ilyas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you program it not to do light checks? I have replaced a lot of lights with LED's and get light errors every time that I turn my car on. I am also going to bypass the headlight bulb sockets with a new set of headlights and don't want it to check for headlight bulbs.
This is gonna be my weekend project. I've got LEDs from DX.com and want to turn off angel eyes bulb check. Will post an update later.
Speaking of DX.com LEDs. They have slightly different color (one is white, another is little yellower), if anyone got similar situation and want to swap 1 LED, I would be more than glad.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #1427
Ilyas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey guys, tonight at the gas station I found out that my tank cap doesn't click at the end. That's what was causing engine service soon light :/
Is there any way to fix the cap? Does anyone have an extra one for sale (for cheap ?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #1428
e90Mark
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
I'm pretty much ready to close on my car, but I'd like to get a PPI before I sign the papers.

Would a dealership do this, or should I find a near by indy?

The car isn't plated anymore, and I doubt insured, so I'm not trying to drive too far.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #1429
SP3333D
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Mark View Post
I'm pretty much ready to close on my car, but I'd like to get a PPI before I sign the papers.

Would a dealership do this, or should I find a near by indy?

The car isn't plated anymore, and I doubt insured, so I'm not trying to drive too far.
Any BMW dealership should do this, they will probably charge you $100 or so. I would imagine that it is a similar story with any indy shop...

As long as the other party has a lien against it, it HAS to be insured. Depending on how they did the plates, you may be able to slip the old plate back on it and get away with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #1430
e90Mark
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Any BMW dealership should do this, they will probably charge you $100 or so. I would imagine that it is a similar story with any indy shop...

As long as the other party has a lien against it, it HAS to be insured. Depending on how they did the plates, you may be able to slip the old plate back on it and get away with it.
Bold makes sense. Dunno why I didn't think about it like that.

I'm gonna call BMW of Ann Arbor and Automotive Techniques to see if they have any slots today.

Anybody have experience with either?
Appreciate 0