E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > In response to how Hunter was treated by ModBargins...

Closed Thread

05-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #23
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
"What we have here is failure to communicate......"
YAY BINGO! Failure in communication is step 1 of business failures...

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I actually beg to differ. I have not seen any other concrete evidence of DM's 'shady' tactics aside from the accusation that they stole Hunter's product. Many of the detractors are running around in circles and using smilies to support their argument, while it appears that Don is trying to address the claims against him. I have been getting frustrated to find the case against Don, seriously.

Again, if this product was such a novel concept, it should have been patented or copyrighted. But is not. You don't see people screaming at Eisenhaus or Supersprint since they 'stole' someone else's idea of an exhaust for the E90.

And really, who initiated this 'free' overlay. If Don solicited the part from Hunter, I could see an argument. If Hunter sent the item unsolicited, then I have hard time siding with the complainers.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #25
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

I love how all this vendor reviews for **********s come up AFTER I have a bad experience with them... I won't get into details, but the CEO of the company said "I hope you don't buy from us in the future" and just hung up on me. enough said. I don't think it's Ron or Don from **********s thats slimy... its the CEO!

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #26
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinBalNom View Post
I love how all this vendor reviews for **********s come up AFTER I have a bad experience with them... I won't get into details, but the CEO of the company said "I hope you don't buy from us in the future" and just hung up on me. enough said. I don't think it's Ron or Don from **********s thats slimy... its the CEO!
      05-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #27
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinBalNom View Post
You point out all of the bad, but none of the good. I have tried to help you out. I even said, if you can't get your problem solved, PM me back. I guess that wasn't clear enough. Ron should have also replied to you yesterday, as I brought your problem to his attention as well.

I am glad that my willingness to help is paying off.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #28
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

From what I have seen

Only talk to Mike, the other guys tend to have bad attitudes
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 12:40 AM   #29
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

05-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #30
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post
You point out all of the bad, but none of the good. I have tried to help you out. I even said, if you can't get your problem solved, PM me back. I guess that wasn't clear enough. Ron should have also replied to you yesterday, as I brought your problem to his attention as well.

I am glad that my willingness to help is paying off.

That's cuz nothing good happened!! LOL. Yes, I've received customer service I deserve as a customer, but nothing over the top and beyond. You have provided service that is already expected as a business. Also, your sarcastic comments on your posts are only making things worse...

And this is the only pm I got from you:

"Thanks for letting me know about your order. Give us a call into the office right now and have us cancel your order.

If that doesn't work out, send me your order number and full name.

-Don"

So I call and what happens? I'm told to chill out and wait for the cancellation. Not only that, I'm told not to ever order from **********s again and hung up on. Again, this is all coming from Mike, the CEO.

Ron, on the other hand was very professional and provided me with all the information I needed, without having to ask for it. That's above and beyond!

So my order was finally cancelled... after dealing with 3 different ppl and I'm just waiting for my refund to hit my bank account now. I'll keep the forum posted...

So here is how my order went from day 1.

5/18 (Thursday) 8 a.m -- order placed for Eibach springs
5/18 (Thursday) -- order confirmation email received
5/19 (Friday) -- Money withdrawn out of Bank Account
5/21 (Monday) -- emailed Mike cuz I didn't receive a Ship confirmation email
5/21 (Monday) -- Mike replies back saying he contacted his supplier
5/22 (Tuesday) -- emailed Mike again for the ship confirmation
5/22 (Tuesday) -- Mike replies back with a "what more do you want me to do? I've already contacted my supplier" This is when I get pissed off.
5/23 (Wednesday) -- Still no conf email... Decided to cancel my order and called in by phone and got hung up on by Mike, telling me to never order from **********s again. He also mentioned that the order will only get cancelled if the product has been shipped. (This is 5 full business days and the weekend after placing the order and 4 full days after my money was withdrawn out of my bank account). Still no confirmation email from Mike.
5/24 (Thursday) -- received email order cancellation conf. from Ron. So after all that, the order was never shipped.
5/25 (Friday) -- Ron confirms again that the order was cancelled and the refund was sent and completed on their end.

Just wanted to show you guys the timeline of what happened.

Was I over reacting?

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech

Last edited by ShinBalNom; 05-25-2007 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #31
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
^^^^^ no way no how were u overreacting!!
they shouldve been on your door monday morning considering your both in socal!!
ANOTHER CASE TO THE LIST!!!
      05-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #32
sfnaru
Rep
Drives: your mom

Here's one from E46fanatics.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...33#post6053633

Original thread poster - you are a liar or are grossly exaggerating things. If you're going to make a thread like this please at least post the correct information and not make things up.

You ordered a 63 series intake, a part which K&N has all but completely discontinued production on in favor of the 57 series intake (SAME intake but 100% identical). Every time a 63 series intake order is placed through the site, it is a special order because it is not kept in stock at our primary warehouse. Those special orders usually go out within 48 hours and then are delivered quickly. Usually we don't get tracking on those orders until about a week after it actually ships, due to the special order nature and K&N isn't the fastest at getting us tracking for orders.

You ordered 5/12/2007. That is 9 days ago, not a huge delay. Your FIRST email to me was Saturday at 10 AM, 2 days ago (only 1 business day ago). I was in meetings all day and reviewing countless resumes from people looking to work for **********s. I was just getting caught up on e-mails when this thread was brought to my attention. You were going to get a reply TODAY with all of this information, which is ONE BUSINESS DAY from when you sent the email. You can't complain about that. Your SECOND email was SUNDAY at 2:56 PM. We don't work sundays. Even I like to have somewhat of a life.

You did not call us three times. I don't even think you called us once. I've been here during normal business hours every day and you simply have not talked to us on the phone. If you called us, maybe we were all on the phone and it went to the message machine. Sorry about that, this is the busiest time of year for us and if you knew how many phone calls we get per day you would be shocked.

So where did all of this made up stuff of "I called 3 times and emailed 4 times" come from? You emailed twice within the past 24 business hours and were about to get a reply from me. We did not receive a phone call from you.

If you're going to make stuff up about us on a public forum, then by all means, please do not order from us again. It will save me a lot of headaches.

We are sorry that we didn't get you the tracking number right away. We are actually in the process right now of removing the 63 series intakes from our site since they are outdated and have been replaced by the 57 series. This problem will not happen again.

I am sending you a list of options for your order via e-mail. Let me know what one you want to go with.

For all those that supported us, thank you.

I was going to order springs from them, but after seeing all this, I'll pass.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #33
BBB07
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335I

Honestly a busniess like this needs to be reported to the Better Business Bureau just like it stats on their website.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #34
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
+2
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #35
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
ya wow **********S HAS PROBLEMS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!

WOW,, I think there getting too big for there britches to handle and dont know what to do with themselves know besides be ASSHOLES!!!
      05-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #36
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Wasn't **********'s everyones favorite vendor like 2 weeks ago?

2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 12:32 AM   #37
markE90
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: AW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
ya wow **********S HAS PROBLEMS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!

WOW,, I think there getting too big for there britches to handle and dont know what to do with themselves know besides be ASSHOLES!!!
To the MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS, I think these kind of chosen words shouldnt be in this forum. I dunno whose wrong or right here, but I think everyone deserves some

C'MON DO SOMETHING!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 12:49 AM   #38
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markE90 View Post
To the MODERATORS/ADMINISTRATORS, I think these kind of chosen words shouldnt be in this forum. I dunno whose wrong or right here, but I think everyone deserves some

C'MON DO SOMETHING!!!
U wanna do something to me come on over bud since when did u get involved here!
I never called em assholes directly just merely stating the way they are treating people!
Ive proven myself over and over about these guys come on dude its FACT they have HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
if u want to take there side go ahead on ahead foo
      05-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #39
jamb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Driving u crazy

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Just to let you guys know I bought MY CSL'S from them, They charged me TAX and when i ask for a receipt, They told me I'll be getting it by email... Guess what.... Never received it
      05-26-2007, 12:58 AM   #40
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamb View Post
Just to let you guys know I bought MY CSL'S from them, They charged me TAX and when i ask for a receipt, They told me I'll be getting it by email... Guess what.... Never received
List is getting DEEEEPP!! Anyone else???
      05-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #41
markE90
Major
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
U wanna do something to me come on over bud since when did u get involved here!
I never called em assholes directly just merely stating the way they are treating people!
Ive proven myself over and over about these guys come on dude its FACT they have HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
if u want to take there side go ahead on ahead foo
Tyler, I am not on anyone's side, I just feel that this forum seems to be going out of whack, im not saying its you. Its just how the members here attack each other. Other than that you dont have to provoke and do this " " to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 01:18 AM   #42
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markE90 View Post
Tyler, I am not on anyone's side, I just feel that this forum seems to be going out of whack, im not saying its you. Its just how the members here attack each other. Other than that you dont have to provoke and do this " " to me.
MARCUS, Obviusly u are taking there side directly and u single handedly QUOTED my words!!
IF u were not on there side U would have not even posted!
Yes i PROVOKE and have INSTIGATED alot of people to come out of SILENCE and show that **********S as a vendor Is taking advantage of members and I am only looking out for the best of all us members for we dont need another TRENDIX!
      05-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #43
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

To be honest I always thought it was something waiting to happen.

1.Hunter was the first to market the product, but not the first one to do it.

2.It is way too simple to make, I think there is a DIY made by Bavarian's Dom if I'm not mistaken.

3.Personally, I wanted the overlays, but $50.00 is a heck of an overcharge. He probably get's those things for a couple bucks.

4.Business is Business, and you will get competition, especially if you are overcharging.

5.I thin **********s set some type of bar so that there is a more rational price for this, although there is another website that has been selling these long before hunter for around $30.00, I just don't know why **********s who has so much products, real products, would waste their time in something so small. Don and Ron, don't let this piece of crap mod ruin your business. Seriously.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 01:26 AM   #44
markE90
Major
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
MARCUS, Obviusly u are taking there side directly and u single handedly QUOTED my words!!
IF u were not on there side U would have not even posted!
Yes i PROVOKE and have INSTIGATED alot of people to come out of SILENCE and show that **********S as a vendor Is taking advantage of members and I am only looking out for the best of all us members for we dont need another TRENDIX!
Tyler, Im not on **********'s side since I havent bought anything from them or hunter's side which I believe he was the pioneer of that mod, I quoted your post since A******* is there and it shouldnt be even though it wasnt meant for anybody. Lets just make this forum a better one. That's all I can say.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread