E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > In response to how Hunter was treated by ModBargins...

Closed Thread

05-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #89
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
I just want to chime in with a few words...

First of all, I recently placed their banner in my signature for a small show of support, I know they have recently taken alot of heat. They are in no way giving me parts or huge discounts or anything that might constitute paid sponsorship etc. I've been around this forum long and often enough and I don't really need to be paid to endorse.

I also know that in this pre-Trendix area customers alike are increasingly skeptical and cynical of online vendors so I imagine its hard for them as well. From a consumer side I know first hand the pains of scrupulous vendors as I lost money on Trendix as well.

But like it or not, online vendors are not here to poach on us. They provide an essential service by a) supporting the running of e90post through fees, b) informing us of new mods/parts/services c) setting up group buys and other price breaks for the pleasure of the community.

They are an essential component of our multifaceted community.

Having said that, feedback is important as well, both for the vendors to improve upon themselves and also for consumers to learn as much about the vendors and to know what to expect in dealing with them.

So the opinions expressed thus far are valid and necessary as well. BUT the structure and ettiquette might stand for some improvement. I am just imploring you guys to be more fair in your feedbacks on **********s or for any other vendors. If you have a grievance please structure it properly with facts and details and not resort to speculation and name calling.

Again, I am not here to stand on any side of the fence. But in this instance, I am pleased to see that **********s is trying to openly address some of the grievances brought up. So let's make this a constructive forum for both parties to move on.

Having said all that, I feel **********s might benefit from stepping up their customer service/communication. I know they are a small outfit, sourcing their merchandise/products from a number of suppliers but I do wish their shipping notification be communicated in a more timely manner.

When I ordered my eibach prokits not too long ago, I did not receive a shipping notification for quite some time. So I got worried and finally emailed them. Mike emailed me right back with a shipping notification which promptly told me that my springs had been shipped the day before (I hadn't checked packages with the front desk for sometime). I complained to Mike and he apologized saying that they depend on the big eibach distributors to provide the shipping details (springs were sent out direct from them) and that they are not exactly good with that. At the end of the day I was very pleased I got them but again I can see how this might be disconcerting for some especially, once again - in this post-Trendix era.

Again, overall in my experiences and observations folks seem generally pleased with **********s. I know of several DC metro folks who are happy with the wheels they have bought and of the service received.

I also wanted to chime in on the Hunter overlays issue. Again, I think this whole debacle could've been avoided if proper channels of communication were established between the 2 parties. I don't think the issue lies with the product themselves. Yes, I must give credit to Hunter for manufacturing and providing these overlays for the benefit of the community. And yes I believe the smoked ones are his innovation but the overlays concept themselves is not new, they have been around for some time, often hawked on ebay. The overlays is such a basic product with no differentiating features that they could well be a generic commodity. They are not exactly like Longtran's innovative PMBs, mds82's LUX or Josh49's Aluminum Block Adaptors. On this matter, bad communications aside, **********s proposed overlays sound to be different enough (backing tape, wide range of colors and the offer of etch glass overlays) to not be 'rip offs'.

Again, my $0.02. My concern is for the general good of the community, as always.

Cheers....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #90
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Spishhh. Gimme' my beer money back. Backing tape.Spishhhhhhhhh.
      05-28-2007, 09:00 PM   #91
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I agree whole-heartedly with Donny here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post

First of all, I recently placed their banner in my signature for a small show of support, I know they have recently taken alot of heat. They are in no way giving me parts or huge discounts or anything that might constitute paid sponsorship etc. I've been around this forum long and often enough and I don't really need to be paid to endorse.

I also know that in this pre-Trendix area customers alike are increasingly skeptical and cynical of online vendors so I imagine its hard for them as well. From a consumer side I know first hand the pains of scrupulous vendors as I lost money on Trendix as well.

But like it or not, online vendors are not here to poach on us. They provide an essential service by a) supporting the running of e90post through fees, b) informing us of new mods/parts/services c) setting up group buys and other price breaks for the pleasure of the community.

Having said that, feedback is important as well, both for the vendors to improve upon themselves and also for consumers to learn as much about the vendors and to know what to expect in dealing with them.

So the opinions expressed thus far are valid and necessary as well. BUT the structure and ettiquette might stand for some improvement. I am just imploring you guys to be more fair in your feedbacks on **********s or for any other vendors. If you have a grievance please structure it properly with facts and details and not resort to speculation and name calling.

Again, I am not here to stand on any side of the fence. But in this instance, I am pleased to see that **********s is trying to openly address some of the grievances brought up. So let's make this a constructive forum for both parties to move on.

Having said all that, I feel **********s might benefit from stepping up their customer service/communication. I know they are a small outfit, sourcing their merchandise/products from a number of suppliers but I do wish their shipping notification be communicated in a more timely manner.

When I ordered my eibach prokits not too long ago, I did not receive a shipping notification for quite some time. So I got worried and finally emailed them. Mike emailed me right back with a shipping notification which promptly told me that my springs had been shipped the day before (I hadn't checked packages with the front desk for sometime). I complained to Mike and he apologized saying that they depend on the big eibach distributors to provide the shipping details (springs were sent out direct from them) and that they are not exactly good with that. At the end of the day I was very pleased I got them but again I can see how this might be disconcerting for some especially, once again - in this post-Trendix era.

Again, overall in my experiences and observations folks seem generally pleased with **********s. I know of several DC metro folks who are happy with the wheels they have bought and of the service received.

I also wanted to chime in on the Hunter overlays issue. Again, I think this whole debacle could've been avoided if proper channels of communication were established between the 2 parties. I don't think the issue lies with the product themselves. Yes, I must give credit to Hunter for manufacturing and providing these overlays for the benefit of the community. And yes I believe the smoked ones are his innovation but the overlays concept themselves is not new, they have been around for some time, often hawked on ebay. The overlays is such a basic product with no differentiating features that they could well be a generic commodity. They are not exactly like Longtran's innovative PMBs, mds82's LUX or Josh49's Aluminum Block Adaptors. On this matter, bad communications aside, **********s proposed overlays sound to be different enough (backing tape, wide range of colors and the offer of etch glass overlays) to not be 'rip offs'.

Again, my $0.02. My concern is for the general good of the community, as always.

Cheers....
      05-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #92
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree. I came here only after one of their threads was cluttered with a bunch of name-calling and unreadable posts. Since when did a sensible argument or complaint consist of a string of smilies?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #93
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
I agree. I came here only after one of their threads was cluttered with a bunch of name-calling and unreadable posts. Since when did a sensible argument or complaint consist of a string of smilies?
So what if i dont take the time and do a spell check and i like to use SMILIES!!
:rocks:
      05-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #94
huchung
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

COOOOOLD BLOODED!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #95
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
I agree whole-heartedly with Donny here
+1....couldn't have said it better!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #96
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:

Cheers....

very well put....
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #97
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
its amazing how everyone enjoys ripping a vendor that has a reputation, and has stability. now im not saying they're the best company to deal with, but they're the worst either.....

but how about the whole BS with Europassion.... the guys rips us off, you spend all that extra money, but yet, you get your products 3 months later.... after 3 months of pure BS and straight up lies, not only do you get our products extremely late, but fitment sucks, paint isnt even the same color, and for all those who were promised free shipping, nothing happened with that....

but yet, there were so many members that were still praising felix... how could someone who does business in this manner get positive feedback???

hunter was gonna get ripped off anyway. and at the price he was charging, im surprised he even lasted that long....

anyway, this is my 2 cents, and im sticking to it....

buy from who you want, its your money

i have had nothing but great experiences with **********s, and will continue to buy from them and continue to support them
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #98
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post

hunter was gonna get ripped off anyway. and at the price he was charging, im surprised he even lasted that long....
are u sure your not DON on another screen name

CUASE THATS QUOTE RIGHT THERE IS EXACTLY WHAT DON SAID!!

You guys probably getting all buddy buddy crying on the phone and DON whining back and forth about us(me in general cuase u know i instigated it all)
I brought people out the WOODWORKS complaing about u guys and how much u are a complete joke!
i have a feeling dons comment sounded something like this:
"these guys on e90 post are talking shit go post something and defend us"
      05-29-2007, 11:13 AM   #99
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post

You guys probably getting all buddy buddy crying on the phone and DON whining back and forth about us(me in general cuase u know i instigated it all)
I brought people out the WOODWORKS complaing about u guys and how much u are a complete joke!
no
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #100
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:

what are you hunters lil' biatch, just seems that way after this response

anyway, ur not complaining about me, your complaining about something that doesnt even involve you.. im just expressing my opinions and views.... so deal with it

but hey, i should have expected to recieve such an immature reply, because obviously you are not using this for what is was meant for.... so stop poluting this thread with your stupidities.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #101
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer View Post
what are you hunters lil' biatch, just seems that way after this response

anyway, ur not complaining about me, your complaining about something that doesnt even involve you.. im just expressing my opinions and views.... so deal with it

but hey, i should have expected to recieve such an immature reply, because obviously you are not using this for what is was meant for.... so stop poluting this thread with your stupidities.

+1

And hunter isn't even a supporting vendor, is he? So how come he's doing GB and crap
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #102
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Hunter Part Deux? Is this a wannabe?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #103
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

guys, no need to call each other names, ADHD is a nice guy, although we share different views on this matter, we don't resort to calling each other names. Be nice and voice your opinion, and respect each other (of course when it's earned)
      05-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #104
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
guys, no need to call each other names, ADHD is a nice guy, although we share different views on this matter, we don't resort to calling each other names. Be nice and voice your opinion, and respect each other (of course when it's earned)
+1 guys...please keep this civil from this point on, we don't have to resort to this. Help maintain the (mostly) high standards of this community and forum.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #105
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
+1

3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #106
hi its me arya
Rep
Drives: Dinan S2 330CI

wow....

I used to work at **********s for about 3 months, and not once did I see any sort of shady activity while I was there. Not only are the guys there nice, professional and easy to deal with, but they are always bending over backwards to help out their customers. And to clear things up, I quit due to volleyball season being in session as I had no more time to come into work, not beacuse they cant run a business, because they infact run one of the most sucessful business that I have ever dealt with. Jon you should know better than to say something like that . Im not here to take any sides, but this seems a bit wierd that you guys are flaming a sponsor for selling the same product that another E90post member/Non-sponsor is selling for the same price, if not cheaper. That is how a business is run and somebody will always beat somebody elses price. You people need to stop juming on the hate bandwagon.

Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #107
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Ok its time to give this thread a rest.

Please file all existing and open grievances as individual cases in the appropriate forum.

Thank you all for your feedback/opinions.

E90post FTW!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #108
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its me arya View Post
wow....

I used to work at **********s for about 3 months, and not once did I see any sort of shady activity while I was there. Not only are the guys there nice, professional and easy to deal with, but they are always bending over backwards to help out their customers. And to clear things up, I quit due to volleyball season being in session as I had no more time to come into work, not beacuse they cant run a business, because they infact run one of the most sucessful business that I have ever dealt with. Jon you should know better than to say something like that . Im not here to take any sides, but this seems a bit wierd that you guys are flaming a sponsor for selling the same product that another E90post member/Non-sponsor is selling for the same price, if not cheaper. That is how a business is run and somebody will always beat somebody elses price. You people need to stop juming on the hate bandwagon.

Just my .02

Did **********s pay you to come in here and post? LOL.. this was your first post... what a coincidence.

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #109
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinBalNom View Post
Did **********s pay you to come in here and post? LOL.. this was your first post... what a coincidence.
yeah.. gee i wonder. that's not suspicious at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #110
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Ok its time to give this thread a rest.

Please file all existing and open grievances as individual cases in the appropriate forum.

Thank you all for your feedback/opinions.

E90post FTW!
+1
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread