E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CCC unit to CIC or NBT Retrofit?

02-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
jordaaddy
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

CCC unit to CIC or NBT Retrofit?

My ccc unit completely gave out and was recommended a cic or nbt retro fit. Thanks again for the replies. But, can anyone explain these retro fits and how costly it is? The ccc unit alone is a hefty price so i am trying to weigh out the options. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

Just do the CIC; parts are all over the place, it's much cheaper, and the car will recognize all of the electronics properly. There's not much benefit over the NBT besides aesthetics.
      02-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
djjsarai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW///335i Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordaaddy View Post
My ccc unit completely gave out and was recommended a cic or nbt retro fit. Thanks again for the replies. But, can anyone explain these retro fits and how costly it is? The ccc unit alone is a hefty price so i am trying to weigh out the options. Thanks!
It is up to you, personally on my sisters 06 330I when the CCC unit fails completely, I will be upgrading it to the CIC from my 11 335I. I plan on retro fitting the NBT in my car, but more due to loving my car and not wanting to buy a new one to get the nice features. CIC vs NBT is more good looking and a little faster, but it can also do a bit more and have some more features if you wanted to retrofit those as well.

NBT > CIC: I will be adding front parking sensors and front and rear view camera as well. That's my reasoning, but at the same time I am looking for a way to retrofit and install a HUD (heads up display) in my E90. Haven't seen it done before, but I will figure it out somehow. It all depends on you and how much you're willing to spend on the car and creature comforts.

Going on about the cost I would check out Bimmerretrofit . com because they have full kits and pricing available and can also help code in things if needed. Also good customer support, if you call or email them, they can give you a better price point and more information on what you're looking for.
      02-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

You can find plenty of parts for the CiC retrofit now. I've gotten everything plus a couple spares plus a fully wired emulator for ~$600.
Appreciate 0