E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help!! N54 HPFP or injectors 29F2

09-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Andrius
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I n54

Help!! N54 HPFP or injectors 29F2

Problem:
-After a night (cold start) car takes couple more seconds to start and then RPM start to jump from 400 to 1k and shakes very badly, then car goes in to a limp mode (reduced power). After it warms up and the car is restarted everything is normal.
Sometimes car gives 29F2 code ( fuel high pressure system, fuel pressure) and sometimes inpa shows code from random misfire in cilinder (like 29CD).
-As I mentioned after restart everything is OK and no error codes and also no error codes after a drive.
-While driving HPFP does not loose any pressure, when I press on the pedal pressure rises.
-Injector have a code that end with -12. After a night tried to pull out spark plugs to see if injectors are leaking, but there was no gasoline smell. All injectors seems to be working.
-Also after a night I tried to disconect sparcplugs and injectors than crank engine to see if injectors would leak on to a scpark plugs, they where dry. But the car started normally. Strange???
-HPFP was changed through recall 20k miles ago.
-Spark plugs have aroud 12k miles to them.

Dont really want to pull out injectors to test if they are leaking, because of teflon fings might give me some problems later.

Does anybody have an ideas how can I find problem?
If HPFP would be bad i would expect dromp in pressure while driving.
If injector would be clogged i would expect a cylinder to not work.
If injector would be leaking i would expect gasoline smell on sparkplugs after a night.
Appreciate 0